PDA

View Full Version : Awesome game

Offsider
11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
great job Boys hard work won that game !!! everyone looked good !! You out played the Pats from start to finish they had nothing

ointhecreek
11-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh, I wouldn't say they had nothing. They pinned us in our own end quite a bit and knock us around all game. Didn't see Toulmin playing much except maybe the first couple minutes and Dansereau was hurt after last goal, among a few others. But Guggs came up big and defense didn't do to bad for a bunch of young guys. We always seem to have trouble clearing our own end and give the puck away way to much. Seems to be the same play every attempt and teams always pick up on that by half way through the first period. I was a good, exciting game tho and I enjoyed it. applause

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I didnt see the game itself, but it sounded like the same game I have seen many many MANY times. "Too little too late", only really played for 10 minutes, took lots of dumb penalties(more than usual)...but whatever. Perhaps the broncos deserved to win, since the pats obviously didnt play like they deserved to remain in 2nd place.

I guess this evens us up now too. The broncos were embarassed last time in Regina, and now it seems the pats get beaten in a convincing manner. Foreshadowing for an exciting season series.

Who knows? maybe I'll have an excuse to go to an actual road game, even if SC is 3-4 hours away.

ointhecreek
11-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I thought you lived in Regina? Only 2 1/2 hrs. 2 if you drive like me. :D

Flathead
11-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Oh, I wouldn't say they had nothing. They pinned us in our own end quite a bit and knock us around all game. Didn't see Toulmin playing much except maybe the first couple minutes and Dansereau was hurt after last goal, among a few others. But Guggs came up big and defense didn't do to bad for a bunch of young guys. We always seem to have trouble clearing our own end and give the puck away way to much. Seems to be the same play every attempt and teams always pick up on that by half way through the first period. I was a good, exciting game tho and I enjoyed it. applause
Talking about Guggs. I think we should keep going with the hot goalie. Guggs was awesome tonight and deserves to play again Saturday against Spokane.
With all the injuries to our team and the young guys having to play so much, I was very impressed with play of the game. Kudos to everyone, did Rogers ever leave the ice? What a game he played!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-22-2008, 12:36 AM
I thought you lived in Regina? Only 2 1/2 hrs. 2 if you drive like me. :D

Ive never been there, so it was pretty much just a guess at how far it was. Though it might be around the 3 hour range with the way the roads probably will be. That, and I get easily distracted and I have to check out every little town/tourist attraction out of curiousity.

Checked the sched, and it says the next game is on the 28th of December. If Im still in Regina at that point, I might try and make my way down to catch the game.