PDA

View Full Version : Canes played great

captain blog
11-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Great effort from the Canes last night. Huge improvement from the last time we played the Tigers. Truth be told, the Canes should have won last night!!! The Canes look good, if they get the PP going they will be great. GO CANES GO clrkth

tigsfan0809
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
I agree, I was at the game last night, I thought you guys had a very strong game, the biggest thing I saw was the first 2 periods, like Dick Gibson kept saying on the post game show, was that most of the shots at Holf were at his chest, and there were several chances where I thought for sure the Canes would've pounded one home. Like I said to my friend, as a Tigers fan, I'd hate to be the team Lethy plays when they start capitalizing on their chances, 'cuz when they play with intensity, I don't think there's a more dangerous offensive team in the East. All in all, I'm glad the Tabbies got the 2 points, but Lethy sure made the game fun to watch!

longtimejrfan
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
The canes did have a lot of shots but as far as great scoring chances went it was pretty even in my book. A lot of the Cane players don't show a real willingness to go to the net to score dirty goals and even though Holfeld was solid he didn't have to stop many second or third shots. Another thing is that if you look at the league stats the Canes are 16th on the PK and 17th on the PP. Until those stats improve I don't think you'll see their fortunes change anytime soon.

grainbear
11-22-2008, 05:45 PM
In my opinion the key here is that every team in the league knows we do not utilize our points for shots. Yes, we do use them every so often when they sneak in off the point. The other comment I would make is that even when we do shoot the pucks are much too high for a forward to deflect or we choose to put it to the side of the net rather then on the net. Yes , i realize that we often use the wingers off to the side to work our cycle but if the lane is open with traffic the shot from the point must come, hard, low and fast.With the forwards crashing looking for the greasy goals .This way it does not take the same amount of hand , eye coordination for the deflection. Do the d-men have to have the little targets like we used in Atom to get the message. Yes , I agree we did deserve a better fate but then again did we with our shot and passing selection for the dmen. It was also fantastic to see Mystery at least in the one situation use his body to level the tiger with a solid check.