PDA

View Full Version : Blades 4v5 Wheaties OT

sbtatter
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Watched the game on the web, exciting contest. The goalies couldn't stop beachballs in the first, but tightened up from there. Glennie's hatrick was the difference. One thing i thought was funny, your colour guy was saying all night what a great job Patterson's line was doing on Schenn's line, even though they scored twice, then just before OT he was saying patterson nullified Schenn, then Schenn set up Glennie for the winner, even after the game he said the goals were off the rush and not pattersons fault! Les was a little more honest, said the Schenn line was not only gifted but strong. The colour guy must be related to patterson!
Saskatoon seemed like a fast, hard working team, I guess we were lucky to get Holtby on an off night....

sbtatter
11-23-2008, 10:08 AM
I forgot to mention how beautiful that powerplay goal of yours was, excellent, win the faceoff, move the puck quickly between the d-man to get us moving towards the far boards then pass the puck quickly back over to the high slot for a quick shot and goal. You could use that play on a training DVD...

wango tango
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
it was an exciting game.

six goals in the first period. would've loved to have been a fly on the wall of the wheaties and blades dressing rooms in the first intermission. probably could've recorded mccrimmons words and replayed them in the blades room, or vice versa because i'm sure lorne and kelly had the same instructions to their guys.

no goals in the second period.

one goal each in the third.

overtime klassen probably wants another chance to shut down glennie, because glennie made him look pretty bad.

fehr, clark, and lowry were not a big factor. schenn, glennie, and calvert were dangerous and given far too much time and space. yes the patterson-wintoneak-dziurzynski line did a good job, but they needed to be better.

both hayes and holtby were not very good each letting in softies.

the blades are learning some lessons the last few games.

with the kind of game the blades play, it's hard to be playing from behind.

the defenses first job, is defense. unless your name is elliott leave the offense to the forwards.

good thing hamilton is back next game, the lineup needs a shakeup.

hulak and kytnar's backs have to be sore from carrying gallimore the last while. after a good start the rookie has been invisible.

for the blades to beat the teams they snuck up on early in the season, and to stay in first place they're going to have to double their effort.

probably good to be going on the road for a while soon.

hopefully a good week of practice before a big game friday v.s. pa. it's almost a must win for the blades to get things going the right way before the bc road trip.