PDA

View Full Version : Multiplex no more...

Sput
04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
It was made official Wed April 6, the new sponsor for the PG arena is CN Rail. Everyone will have to get used to calling games in the CN Center now. The City of PG and Cn signed a 15 year deal worth $1.3 million, with an option to renew for another 10 years.

"Before about 240 people who attended a dinner held on the rink floor of the building, Kinsley and CN chair David McLean unveiled the new logo, which combines CN's corporate insignia and a red swoop symbolizing the impression of a skate blade on ice."

Haven't seen the logo yet, but sounds interesting. A long term deal means no numerous name changes as has happend in Kamloops and Kelowna, and being signed late in the spring means it is all excess money not included in the operating budget. Maybe, just maybe we will end up with a jumbotron here yet! :thumb:

Chipper
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Great news! I wish someone would step forward in Cranbrook and suport our recplex with a name and funding. A great thing for the City.

Jovorock
04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
A long term deal means no numerous name changes as has happend in Kamloops and Kelowna
Don't say that too soon, what if someone buys out CN Rail?

At the time in Kelowna, a big company like Skyreach Equipment no one would of thought they would have financial troubles.

Sput
04-12-2005, 02:09 PM
On the statement of the numerous name changes, I was paraphrasing the artical in the Citizen, and only paraphrasing because my #*@& computer won't let me copy/paste it. Personally I think that even if CN were ever to get sold, the contract is signed, so the potential new owners would still have to live up to the agreement as signed. Still, I hope the City doesn't wait until 6 months before the deal is due to start talking again. It took over five years to get this far. Progress with these Silly Councilers is painfully slow. Not to even start the talks about the entertainment scouts that are SUPPOSED to be bringing concerts ect up here. OK.....I'll stop this rant now 'cause I really hate politics and politicians. :spineyes:

pgcougarfan
04-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Great news! I also like the long term deal so that we don't have to deal with numerous name changes. Jumbotron hmmmm... I hadn't thought of that but I do like the idea. In response to Jovorock, I don't think you can really compare Sky Reach Equipment with CN. After all the CN Tower in Toronto is still the CN tower and has been for a long time. Of course having said that...anything can happen...after all Gretzky was traded.