PDA

View Full Version : PRINCE ALBERT - WHL - 2 vs. RUSSIAN - 1

scoreboard
11-27-2008, 10:26 PM

First Period: No Scoring

Second Period:

At the 5:03 mark, On a Power Play, Zach Boychuk scored, Regina Pats, Colten Teubert getting an assist, along with Thomas Hickey

Third Period:

12:16 - mark, Kyle Beach, Regina Pats Jordan Eberle, Assisted

16:28 - Russia scored

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Looks like the pats were represented well this year. Teubert gets 2A in the 2 games, and Eberle was argueably the top player on Team WHL with 2 goals and 2 assists.

Saw the game last night, I mean this morning. He had chances all over the place, and did a good job of setting up the game winner. I see him as a prime candidate for a spot in the world junior top 6 forwards not only because of his performance in the Russia challenge, but the fact he has shown good chemistry in the past with virtual locks Hodgeson and Hall. Curious to see how he does if he plays with Tavares.

Bad news for the pats is that chances will probably increase for him staying in the NHL next year. Obviously great for Eberle, but I dont know how much this team is going to miss him when hes gone.

As for Teubert, he was decent. One of the better defencemen on Team WHL. Looked good on the offensive side of things, made some solid checks, and was good defensively. He got burned for the lone Russian goal though. I see him getting an invite, could possibly get a spot.

Fight Guy
11-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I saw the score and "game report" here before watching the game, and when I was finally watching the game last night...at 1am, I was hoping it wouldn't be Teubert's line that let the Russians score. Turned out it was him that got burned. It was a pretty good move on the Russian's part though.

I noticed the team have pretty good chemistry when watching the game last night. Then as that game finished, TSN had the 2008 World Under-18 gold medal game on. Then it clicked why they had such good chemistry...they all won gold together in Kazan.

As for Eberle next season... There could still be a chance they will want him to develop one more season...at least I hope so anyway. I have a feeling he wil be be back next season, but will get a couple games in as an Oiler. And Teubert will likely be back next season. He's still a little rough around the edges and could probably use some more time in the juniors. Though there is still over half a season to go, those are my current thoughts. Eberle will make Team Canada for sure, while Teubert will probably have to work a bit harder to get a spot.