PDA

View Full Version : What can be done?

the flying moose
11-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Tonight was another dominating loss. Players are lost out there. Fans are leaving with 10-15 minutes left in the game. Tonight there was about 2000 people there and the 50 or so Pats fans were louder than all our fans. It was pathetic. There needs to be a coaching change and it needs to be done soon so we can salvage the season and hopefully make the playoffs.

tommanaz
11-30-2008, 04:02 AM
x2 on coaching change.

our first line is a great force however logging over 50% of total ice throughout the game is burning them out.
defense men continue to try to be pretty and take it out. I think i counted 7 turn overs when trying to carry it out. Some of the best teams have there d men just throw it up the boards and let the offence do the job they should be.
watching bryan burkes (abc) interview today he pointed out why the red wings and sharks are so good. They play to throw it on net and work from there. We try and set up the perfect play way to much.
This team has alot of talent that is not being shown. To many minor errors on the ice that could be prevented with good coaching.

Swando
11-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Offer Dana Tyrel up in a trade and build for the future. I commented in a post on the Giants that I'd like to see them package a draft and players for him. He is not doing your team any good (meaning that even with him you are losing). Get something for him and other tradable 19 yr olds to contending teams. The only way out of this mess.

TwoBits
11-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Offer Dana Tyrel up in a trade and build for the future. I commented in a post on the Giants that I'd like to see them package a draft and players for him. He is not doing your team any good (meaning that even with him you are losing). Get something for him and other tradable 19 yr olds to contending teams. The only way out of this mess.

OMG I don't think anyone around here wants to hear any more about rebuilding! Last year was supposed to be the rebuilding year, this year was supposed to be the refining year :dead: and next year was supposed to be IT.

I don't really know what should be done next, but dumping Tyrell isn't going to help. (Oh, it will help the Giants, like they need it :spineyes: ) The team captain jumping off the sinking ship, that would be great for morale. :thumb:

I must say, it hurt to listen to tonight's game against S'toon. I feel so bad for those players....I think they need a sign from the owners that they are more important than the son-in-law and his best friend.

Flying Moose, were you at the game? Are the goalies letting in soft goals or are they getting no help from their team?

the flying moose
12-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Flying Moose, were you at the game? Are the goalies letting in soft goals or are they getting no help from their team?

Yeah I was there. Some goals are soft and some they just got ZERO help from the team. Allowing players to skate from behind the net and go right into the slot and score is brutal. They aren't finishing checks and hitting is almost non-existent. Although tonight was a bit better and they had at least 3 chances that they missed an open net or the Blades goalie made a great save robbing a goal.

They had a players only meeting tonight so hopefully they can figure something out. I was joking that when the coach went back downstairs all his stuff would be in the hallway. The players simply aren't responding to him and it needs to be dealt with or no one will want to come play for the Cats.

As crappy as the season is going I feel bad for the guys because it must be even harder for their morale to look into the stands and see fans leaving with 10 minutes left in the game. Not to mention we had our lowest ever attendance tonight with just 2054 people there and that was the announced attendance. There couldn't have been more than 1800 people there.

You can see the team deflated when they skate on the ice after the intermissions. Its as if they have given up already and there are very few players who have any energy or intensity anymore.

TwoBits
12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Like was said earlier, there are players on this team that have a lot of potential, they just need to be coached.

I really don't think another player shuffle is going to help. A coaching shuffle might. I'm just wondering if one of the goalies will now be the scapegoat and targeted for a trade or released and replaced.

I have a trade for the Giants. Tyrell for Hay. :laugh:

tommanaz
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
after reading the comments from the coach i am shocked. Basically blaming things on the goalie saying they need to make a save. Even making reference to him going in net.
4 of the goals were point blank opporunitys where the shooter had at least 3 seconds to decide where to put it. Put any shooter in that spot against a top goalie and they will score more than will be stopped. aghh, frustrating.

TwoBits
12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
after reading the comments from the coach i am shocked. Basically blaming things on the goalie saying they need to make a save. Even making reference to him going in net.
4 of the goals were point blank opporunitys where the shooter had at least 3 seconds to decide where to put it. Put any shooter in that spot against a top goalie and they will score more than will be stopped. aghh, frustrating.

I know, look at some of the Shootout stats of some of the goalies that are currently at the top....not so good.

Wow, I hadn't read the Citizen article when I made the goalie comment. How brutal can you get! How does the coach sway the attention from himself?....throw somebody else under the bus?

I was in a "mood" after the game last night and restrained myself from posting a snarky comment about Swanson and how he must be just smacking his lips and wringing his little hands in delight at the prospect of being able to take yet another stab at the team (or individuals in this case).

Unbelievable.