PDA

View Full Version : Riley McIntosh Traded

eecliff
11-30-2008, 12:47 PM
From Rockets Website

The Kelowna Rockets have announced that 18 year old Riley McIntosh has been traded to the Tri-City Americans.

The Rockets send McIntosh to the Americans in exchange for a fifth round draft pick in the 2010 Bantam Draft.

President/General Manager of the Kelowna Rockets Bruce Hamilton stated, This move will allow Riley to get more ice time with a very good hockey club. Hes a third year defenseman and this will give him a better chance to succeed in the Western Hockey League.

The Rockets acquired McIntosh in the second round of the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft, 39th overall.

The stay at home defenseman has played in 104 games in the Rockets uniform, recording one goal and seven points. He was also compiled 70 minutes in penalties.

The Americans will make one final visit to Prospera Place on Wednesday January 14th.

RILEY McINTOSH POSITION: Defense
HOMETOWN: Coquitlam, BC (February 25, 1990)
HEIGHT 65 WEIGHT - 205

HAF
11-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Is this a good pick up for the Americans? I really don't know too much about the kid.

Arthur Fonzerelli
11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
He was a dominant Bantam player. Perhaps he was burried behind too much talent in Kelowna and didn't get the ice time he needed to develop. I bet he could be a sleeper just waiting for a chance.

Scout
11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
The trade was made to make room for a new D-man who will be picked up via trade. Speculation is a pitch is being made for Oiler draft and Swift Current Bronco D-man Jesse Dudas. Dudas is still a couple of weeks away before his return. If this is true you are getting a mobile, big D-man who is tough. Dudas is 6'2" 220lb D-man who can be very offensive when need be. Although he doesn't fight much he can go with the best of them and steps in for his team mates. His only draw back is he is injury prone. If he can stay healthy your getting a big asset on your back end. But there is more than just Kelowna making a pitch for Jesse. The timing of your trade of a D-man is making me wonder if the deal is not done already. Most teams carry seven D-men in case of injury. You now only have six. Like i said tho, there are quite a few teams after Dudas.

Scout