PDA

View Full Version : Changes we might benefit from

sbtatter
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Shoot more
Hit more
No more forward playing defence on PP
Full time goalie coach
A new coach to build a team for the Mem Cup and allow KM to concentrate on being a GM
Tell Hale, Cowan, Erb, Jeffries that you either play with energy or you sit

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I got a foolproof strategy for the wheaties to try and follow. Works every time, and its only involves two steps...

-score more goals
-win more games

If you can do that, you shouldt have much trouble. :laugh:

Philly8
11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Cowan had a couple big hits and a fight tonight. He just needs to do that consistantly. Stone had a fight i think he should be in the lineup and king should sit in the stands for the remainder of the season.

sbtatter
11-30-2008, 10:03 PM
I should add that I'm not complaining here, just thinking of things that could help us out and move to the next level....

The Wheatiemaniac
12-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Cowan had a couple big hits and a fight tonight. He just needs to do that consistantly. Stone had a fight i think he should be in the lineup and king should sit in the stands for the remainder of the season.

King should not even be on the roster. If Kelly thought that King outplayed Jordan DePape in the preseason, he musta wrote their numbers down wrong. Jesse Synatinsky made King look bad too, and where is he?

sbtatter
12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Anyone got Synatynsky and Wilson's stats for this season?

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Jesse Sinatynski is second in Midget AAA scoring.

2 players to look for next year are Wilson and Swyripa. Both are playing well as a 93s in Midget AAA and are in the top 30 in scoring.

I would imagine next year both Wilson and Swyripa will be in the lineup. Also need to keep an eye on Jordan Fransoo a Defencemen for North Battlefords. Developing nicely and already has good size

As for what is the problem with this team. They need to be more consistent. They are quite the Jekyll and Hyde team right now. I don't think its time to push the panic button because this is just the warm up for next year.

I think we can play better and I thought Clark and Lowry would put up more points. Schenn,Calvert and Glennie have had slow starts and now seem to be putting up points every night. Saying that though we have scored 4th most goals in the league so its not the offense that is a problem

The defence has been okay. Robak is putting up good numbers and his defence has been okay. Aulie has been solid and sometimes we rely to much on him. Melynchuk has been okay as well and sometimes gets to much of the blame. Erb,Schnieder and Bestland have all been okay as well. Miller and Robidoux have been fine as rookies but I would like to see Miller play more as he has more Jam to his game. Its been a decent effort from this group

The goalies have been quite frankly sub par. A big stat for me in Junior is save percentage. I think successful teams have goalies with a 900+ save percentage. Right now we do not have that. Until one of the goalies either steps it up or we trade or develop one this is the Achilles heel of the team right now. You can see it the way they play. The team does not trust its goaltending and on some nights I can't blame them

sbtatter
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Jesse Sinatynski is second in Midget AAA scoring.

2 players to look for next year are Wilson and Swyripa. Both are playing well as a 93s in Midget AAA and are in the top 30 in scoring.

I would imagine next year both Wilson and Swyripa will be in the lineup. Also need to keep an eye on Jordan Fransoo a Defencemen for North Battlefords. Developing nicely and already has good size

As for what is the problem with this team. They need to be more consistent. They are quite the Jekyll and Hyde team right now. I don't think its time to push the panic button because this is just the warm up for next year.

I think we can play better and I thought Clark and Lowry would put up more points. Schenn,Calvert and Glennie have had slow starts and now seem to be putting up points every night. Saying that though we have scored 4th most goals in the league so its not the offense that is a problem

The defence has been okay. Robak is putting up good numbers and his defence has been okay. Aulie has been solid and sometimes we rely to much on him. Melynchuk has been okay as well and sometimes gets to much of the blame. Erb,Schnieder and Bestland have all been okay as well. Miller and Robidoux have been fine as rookies but I would like to see Miller play more as he has more Jam to his game. Its been a decent effort from this group

The goalies have been quite frankly sub par. A big stat for me in Junior is save percentage. I think successful teams have goalies with a 900+ save percentage. Right now we do not have that. Until one of the goalies either steps it up or we trade or develop one this is the Achilles heel of the team right now. You can see it the way they play. The team does not trust its goaltending and on some nights I can't blame them
How's Edrhardt playing this season?
Who do you like better, Priestner or Hayes?
I think Stone and Miller have been good for rookies, I wish Miller would get more games because he tries to hit and make some big momentum changing plays.
I think Erb has regressed a little since the season started, Lowry underwhelms and Green and Lewadniuk could be more consistent. We will likely win a round or 2 with this group of players this year

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I think Priestner is fundamentally more sound then Hayes. Both seem to lack confidence though I think Hayes is pretty much the bonafide number 1.

Ehrhardt is playing quite well and putting up some points while playing physical. I thought for sure with his training camp he would be here for the season. I think he has a good shot at being here next year as we will need some size on the back end and he will provide it.

sbtatter
12-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I think Priestner is fundamentally more sound then Hayes. Both seem to lack confidence though I think Hayes is pretty much the bonafide number 1.

Ehrhardt is playing quite well and putting up some points while playing physical. I thought for sure with his training camp he would be here for the season. I think he has a good shot at being here next year as we will need some size on the back end and he will provide it.
Thanks.
After training camp I was surprised that Depape and Erdhadrt were sent home. I'm mildy surprised that King and Robidoux are still here. I've noticed that Hale has not been a physical factor lately, he needs to hit and fight to be effective.

Philly8
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Who do you like better, Priestner or Hayes?

Is it time to give hildebrand a chance? He looked pretty good in pre season.

dagley
12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I love Priestner, I like his size, lateral mobility and overall gameplay...my only problem with him is his consistency. You don't know what you will get from him night in and night out.