PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on a big win

Chipper
04-12-2005, 10:40 PM
A big sigh of relief in Kelowna tonite. We still may see a ICE-ROCKETS final. The Ice in overtime as I write this. Would love to see this match up, It's only fair that we decide this between our teams.GO ICE GO GO ROCKETS GO.

eecliff
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
I sure think they did ...
What's your thoughts ??

ee.....

Teaps
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Turning point of the series IMO...Now the Rocks know they can shut this team down and totally dominate...sheesh...12 shots overall for the t-birds? This series SHOULD be the Rocket's

Thunderbird107
04-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold your horses, or dragon or whatever the hell that thing is. I don't remember anyone saying that this would be easy or even over in 4.

Tonight was by far the best game I've seen of the Rockets this playoff season (out of a total of 1) Scoring first put the Birds on their heels and the second one totally changed their gameplan. They started hitting everything that moved. Trouble is, Kelowna caught on fast and just got out of the way as evidenced on some nifty plays and on the 4th goal, which was just nasty.

Keller getting his marker:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2005/04/12/2002239770.jpg

Bridges, despite the gaudy stats, played well but it was Yeomans who saved the day this time around with some great saves including a spectacular blind save in the first that would have made it 1-1 not too long after the Rockets' goal.

Seattle powerplay was unplugged tonight. A double minor on Sylvester lead to exactly 0 shots on goal. Another penalty called 5 seconds after those 4 minutes lead to another donut on the shot clock. Clearly the team (or more accurately, the luck and goaltending) that was with them in Kelowna was gone tonight.

Can we play game 4 in Kelowna Thursday?

Maybe we are the TC Ams.

Chipper
04-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Hey ok you won one game. Don't Get to cocky, THE TBirds are still up a game and alot of Blood sweating hockey to be played by the Rockets yet. The Thunderbirds deserve a lot of credit and they did win the head on match up, Although I believe the Rockets can come back you have a long way to go yet.

Beaner
04-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Darn those crazy lucky Red Jerseys do it AGAIN!!!

The league needs to ban those things. :laugh:

Teaps
04-13-2005, 02:06 AM
LOL...Keller looks like he's in his late 30's early 40's with that beard...LOL

kelownakarl
04-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Is it true Bodie got 2 assists? :spineyes: :spineyes:

Jovorock
04-13-2005, 08:39 AM

Are you guys still having nightmares over those red jerseys? :clap:

DoubleDee
04-13-2005, 09:08 AM

Well, I know I did my part yesterday.

Call me superstitious but I did a pre-game thing (I will not say what it is - ok folks, be nice and get your minds out of the gutter - lol :p ) that, when I do this, the team has always won. :thumb:

Beaner
04-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Are you guys still having nightmares over those red jerseys? :clap:

Yes, and my Retinas are still burned. :laugh:

Jovorock
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, I know I did my part yesterday.

Call me superstitious but I did a pre-game thing (I will not say what it is - ok folks, be nice and get your minds out of the gutter - lol :p ) that, when I do this, the team has always won. :thumb:
I was wearing my Red Rockets t-shirt while listening to the game and drywalling my sons room. Yes I was wearing the same shirt for game 6 against the Giants.

My life isn't as exciting as yours DD.

kelownakarl
04-13-2005, 06:11 PM
A pre game beer always seems to do the trick. :groovy:

Or maybe a pre-game dozen in DD's case? :D

kevanie97
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
I was wearing my Red Rockets t-shirt while listening to the game and drywalling my sons room. Yes I was wearing the same shirt for game 6 against the Giants.

My life isn't as exciting as yours DD.

Anybody else get a mental picture of Jed Clampet from that?

Did you scratch your ass a dozen times as well?

That being said, make sure to wear that t-shirt for the next game as well Jovo.

And DD how was the Coral the other night? ;)

DoubleDee
04-13-2005, 11:44 PM
And DD how was the Coral the other night? ;)

Well the OK Coral was a new experience. For the most part it was a positive one at that. Had a guy stick his tongue down my throat so you know it was a good night - lol ;) . Lost his chance when he had to ask me if the Rockets had won or not. Hello?!?! And you’re trying to impress me how? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice about going home and changing out of the sandals. Could have had some damage to my poor beautiful feet!

Were you serious about the ticket? Let me know ASAP because if it is a no then I will get one on-line tomorrow.

Jovorock
04-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Well the OK Coral was a new experience.
The last time I was at the Coral (about 15 years ago) I was thrown out through the front doors by two bouncers. :confused: :mad: . I was probly drinking rye that night?

Yes Kev I will be wearing the Red t-shirt tonite listening to the game and painting.