PDA

View Full Version : Does Parker see now.....

patsdude114
12-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Does Mr. Brent Parker see now that the Pats arnt really a contender, more of a pretender......

Things havent been going too great as of late, and things could get ALOT worse if Teubert & Eberle make the WJ team plus loosing Cerveny (CZH) Weal (U17's) Faveau (U17's) isnt such a big loss but still a roster player.

Strueby & Leffler are too streaky of goal scorers, cant really rely on them game in and game out for goals. I know Parker doesnt want to give up too much in a deal for the fact that we have a very strong young team that can be good for yrs to come again, but............. this may be the last yr that we have both Eberle & Teubert on the same roster (i personally dont think either is ready for the NHL but stranger things have happened) i really believe we are only 2 players away from being a true contender. The team we have now is a good team dont get me wrong but were missing a depth Dman & 1 other forward who can score take some pressure off Eberle.

The goaltending hasnt looks this good in yrs, it isnt the goaltending that is hurting us at the moment. What happens to our D if Teubert makes Team Canada???? Delahey & Bartley cant play every shift, & with Scarbrough hurt til after xmas our back end will be very thin. I do believe we are loosing Eberle to the WJ's so that is 2 forwards that are a big part of our roster. Eberle 22 goals (2nd in league) Cerveny +20 (7th in league) both players will be missed in different ways...

I am very excited to see the Pats calling up Dominic Perrault once Teubert heads to camp. I really hope he makes a impression and sticks with the roster after xmas. You guys all know how i feel about Miller so i wont get into that.

I really feel once this road trip is over and Eberle, Teubert & Cerveny take off for WJ's that guys like Mulder, Hrcina, Czibere, Pym, Slobozian (i know he's only 16) & Prokop cant take advantage of this and show what they are worth. If these players cant do the job we will slip back into the standings fast & will take alot to climb up where we are now.

I do think Parker is going to make the approiate deal to fill our needs. I know it would take alot but Dana Tyrell would look great in a Pats jersey. Its not like PG is going anywhere, & dont think Tyrell will be back as a 20yr old being that he is drafted by Tampa Bay. They are very weak in the AHL.

GO PATS GO!!!!!!

hounddog
12-06-2008, 08:08 AM
This team definetly needs someone to step up scoring wise when we lose Eberle to the WJ. If you read the Leader Post article where Quinn and Al Murray(Head Scout of Hockey Canada) talks about his great opportunity to make the team he is almost certainly going to make it.

Also the Oilers have posted a few articles about him and possibly bringing him up so I don't think we will see him next year. Parker better do something to replace him and get the scoring clicking rather than just him scoring goals.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Like I said before, the inflated GA and Scarborough getting injured almost insures a trade involving the pats getting another defenceman. A guy who will be back next year and can play alot of minutes now.

As for the teams performance right now, its probably more that we have had a rough trip more than anything. We didnt get completely outclassed in Kelowna. We lost, but it was a close game, and they are a very good team this year too.

But with that being said, we should still be doing alot better than we are now. Something is definitely missing with this team. It is getting annoying to have to completely shake up the team every single deadline, which is what we will have to do if we keep playing like this after the trip. We are going to have to pick up a top 4 defenceman that can eat minutes this year, probably another forward to take the pressure off the top line, and we need another guy like Mitchell out there. A guy who give 100 percent every shift, as it is evident we have problems with work ethic and playing 60 minutes. Maybe we can bring Kirt Hill back.

But right now, we will see if we can get out of this funk without trades.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-06-2008, 12:34 PM
And with Eberle, he could very well make the NHL next year, but they arent determining that on how many goals he scores. They want him to work on his skating and strength. They already know he can score, but not if he can handle the grind of the NHL. He cant skate at that level yet, and if he is getting outmuscled in the WHL, he will most definitely be a non factor in the NHL.

I can almost guarentee he sticks with the club at the beginning of the year, but I dont think he will stay up there for the whole season, as he needs to fill the holes in his game still. I can see what you are saying though, we cannot rely on him coming back.