PDA

View Full Version : No Talk of the Unforgettable

smackitsakic
12-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Why is nobody on this board talking about the Blades 13-1 record on the road this year?

Or the 12 game road winning streak?

Or 1st place in the East Division?

Of the incredible play of Stefan Elliott in his draft year?

Colton Gillies is obviously not returning this season. The coaches know it, the players know it, and deep down, the fans know it.

Lets focus on the team right now and support their incredible winning ways this season. Don't forget that, since the first 5 games of the season, the Blades are the hottest team in the entire WHL.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Why is nobody on this board talking about the Blades 13-1 record on the road this year?

Or the 12 game road winning streak?

Or 1st place in the East Division?

Of the incredible play of Stefan Elliott in his draft year?

Colton Gillies is obviously not returning this season. The coaches know it, the players know it, and deep down, the fans know it.

Lets focus on the team right now and support their incredible winning ways this season. Don't forget that, since the first 5 games of the season, the Blades are the hottest team in the entire WHL.

I do not know why. I am not in the mood RIGHT NOW because of things going on in my life. Once that all is sorted out,then I will feel better haha. Me I am VERY EXCITED that the Blades are playing so well on the road and overall. I wish I could be the Biggest Saskatoon Blades fan(and in my own view I am that)I have had season tickets for 3 years,and I would like to go to more road games,but having no drivers license most certainly is holding me back from doing this.(I know the Blades have a Booster club) and that is a good thing. If I could I would go and see all 72 Blades games!! That is how much of a hockey fan I am,but that would mean that I would have to have a very nice boss and a very high paying job.

The Blades are playing AWESOME, are scoring and winning as a team. I think the the team chemistry has so much to do with the team's success. I hope the Leafs can somehow manage to draft Elliott. The last line of defense(goalies) both Holtby and Morrison are very playing well. The Blades special teams are excelling and so is the even strength play as well as the short-handed play of the Blades this season. IF you disagree with me then the proof is in the statistics. I am looking forward to seeing the Blades on home ice at on Dec 10th,and all of the games after that. I LOVE THIS TEAM GO BLADES GO!!!! punk rock

old_time_hockey
12-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Sorry about that road winning streak coming to an end.

But kudos to the booster club trip members. Had a nice chat with a few of them in the beer line. I wish our bus trips would be multi-day ones. But right now we are only going a far as Kamloops north and Portland south.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry about that road winning streak coming to an end.

But kudos to the booster club trip members. Had a nice chat with a few of them in the beer line. I wish our bus trips would be multi-day ones. But right now we are only going a far as Kamloops north and Portland south.
Glad to hear that you had a good chat with some of the Booster club members,I wish I would have been on this trip to meet some of the posters from Vancouver,but maybe next time.

I am not angry that the Blades lost to the overpowering Giants,bringing into consideration the injury and fatigue factor for the Blades. I am very proud to be a fan(a very big one) of the Blades,and proud of what they have accomplished on this road trip with a 4-1 record which had probably exceeded some people's expectations.(not me,I knew they could do this well) Hopefully the Blades can be welcomed back home to the Credit Union Centre with some large crowds at the next couple of home game. I do not think that the attendance will be too high though because it seems to me that some Saskatoon hockey fans want a 1st placed WHL team with a wide margin lead in the standings? Boogaard'd :skeptical :(

With the discussions as to reasons why the attendance has been so low(bad game timing,arena location,high ticket prices ect) well that is kind of embarrassing to see people make excuses. Anyways I take the bus to and from every game and sure it is not the best mode of transportation but as long as I am at the game and cheering on the Blades, I have no complaints. & as I return in one piece from the game. haha

C'mon Saskatoon Hockey fans if you like to watch good hockey GET OUT AND WATCH A BLADES GAME!!!!!

dondo
12-07-2008, 04:35 PM
yup it was good to see so many decked out Blades fans and I heard about the bus trips following them around this road trip I was pretty impressed.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-08-2008, 12:25 AM
yup it was good to see so many decked out Blades fans and I heard about the bus trips following them around this road trip I was pretty impressed.Yes the Booster Club rocks are a great bunch of enthusiastic fans but unfortunately I have not been able to be on any road trips with them so far,and would like to go on some.

wango tango
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM
beating vancouver would have put an awesome exclamation mark on a great road trip. the blades kept or expanded their lead on their divisional rivals. these long road trips are a grind on the best of teams.

maybe some good lessons come out of the vancouver game.

as the blades go into the second half of the season they will be marked. they'll have back to back games, three games in four nights type stuff. getting those points at the end of those swings will be huge for the team to keep their divisional lead or expand it.

also a game like vancouver is a small taste of what the playoffs are like. you've knocked off one opponent and then the next one is waiting for you, you've got to do everything you can to charge up those batteries again, even when it feels like there's nothing left to give.

each game gets bigger and tougher. will power, and work ethic.

bladesmemskychamps
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
all in all a great road swing for the blades

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
The Blades are still playing well with an overall record of 24-9-2. I am glad to see this success for us Blades fans. It will be interesting as to what the line-up will look like when the Blades are 100% healthy.

wango tango
12-15-2008, 11:41 AM
i'm happiest for the players. the doubters and skeptics are out there i hope they keep proving them wrong.

big game against calgary tomorrow night.