PDA

View Full Version : Game 32-Hitmen 1 at Americans 4

Hitmen1
12-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Tonight's match up should be one of the better games so far this year. The Hitmen are playing the middle game of 3 games in 3 nights. The game is on the fan tonight starting at 8 pm Calgary time.

AMERICANS HOST HITMEN -- The Tri-City Americans (21-7-0-2) host the Calgary Hitmen (25-4-1-1) for a battle between two League powerhouses in one of 10 Western Hockey League contests on Saturday, December 6th. The Americans are coming off a 6-1 victory over the visiting Seattle Thunderbirds on Friday night for their seventh straight win, and currently hold a seven-point lead for first place in the U.S. Division. The Ams are an impressive 14-1 on home ice this season, and have won their last nine home contests. Jason Reese scored a hat trick in Friday’s win, and leads the Ams with 21 goals this season. The Hitmen skated to a 5-1 win in Portland over the Winter Hawks on Friday for their 12th win in their last 13 games, and currently sit five points ahead of the Vancouver Giants for first place overall in the WHL standings. The Hitmen own the WHL’s top power play and top penalty killing unit. Brett Sonne scored two goals and added an assist in Friday’s win over the Hawks, and leads the WHL in scoring with 48 points this season. It’s the only meeting of the season between the Ams and Hitmen. Tri-Cities edged the Hitmen 3-2 in a shootout in Calgary in last season’s lone meeting.

Preview Link (http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=10757)

AMSRocker
12-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Got to say that was one hell of a game! The AMS and the Hitmen played their butts off. When I boil it all down I thenk that the difference was Chet Pickard. He snuffed many great shots. It became very clear the Hitmen were not used to being down and given no room to move. With what little space the AMS gave up your boys sure moved the puck very well! They also snatched up all of the loose pucks. Very fun team to see play here!!! pbj
I'm glad that we only have to see them once unless we meet in the cup! :laugh:

Great game! Good luck Hitmen and Hitmen fans!!!

Hitmen1
12-07-2008, 09:54 AM
I missed the first 2 periods last night but I would agree, Pickard was the difference in the game last night.

boxscore (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001650)