PDA

View Full Version : Some Ideas To Help With Attendance?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Perhaps the Blades could continue what they did a couple of years ago and make a Saskatoon Blades commercial or game day piece and put it on T.V I mean people do watch T.V. I do not listen to the radio that much (except for Blades road games) but they probably do have a piece to promote the Blades and upcoming games.

They could also have a buy ticket(s) get a discount on tickets and some type of discount with the game day sponsor or a major sponsor.

I like the starting up of the commercial again idea. I know it has been mentioned in the paper that Saskatoon is not much of a sports town,and sure people will spend big $'s to see the major events like the 2010 World Junior Hockey Championships(I bought the package for it) but they probably would not want to support their local WHL team(the Saskatoon Blades) on a regular basis. I guess some people do not think that the price of a ticket is not worth seeing world class talent from the WHL and watch arguably the best developmental league in Canada the CHL and stepping stone to the NHL.

As most if not all of you who read my posts know that I am a huge Blades fan and I support this team like no other,and I think(as well as many other loyal Blades fans) they do deserve more support.

I can only hope that this team can attract new fans and keep them,and continue to make the fan base grow.

PJ-34
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
They need more media coverage. The Star Phoenix needs to mention more of the Blades and the local tv stations need more reports on the team.

wango tango
12-11-2008, 12:59 PM
you're preaching to the choir here GBG. i brought friends who are hockey fans and hadn't been to a blades game yet, to games on the november homestand. they were impressed and will come out to more games. take the blades gospel out to friends, and co-workers, talk the team up. be prepared for a little bashing unfortunately i've found bitter people who are taking a huge wait and see attitude. what more do they want to see?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
you're preaching to the choir here GBG. i brought friends who are hockey fans and hadn't been to a blades game yet, to games on the november homestand. they were impressed and will come out to more games. take the blades gospel out to friends, and co-workers, talk the team up. be prepared for a little bashing unfortunately i've found bitter people who are taking a huge wait and see attitude. what more do they want to see?
last night I showed up to my soccer game with my Blades jersey on and one of my teamates says to me" The Blades suck" I was a little upset,and asked him if he was sarcastic, he was and then he tells me not too shortly after that he has only seen one Blades game. If the attendance does not pick up starting on saturday then I do not know what to think? oh well if the big crowds show up then all the better. I think that some of the players enjoy playing on the road because then there is not that extra pressure and distractions.

Tidball
12-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Ive been doing that. I have had a friend be a season ticket holder for 3 years and counting. I convinced a classmate of mine to head out to the Red Deer game coming up.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Ive been doing that. I have had a friend be a season ticket holder for 3 years and counting. I convinced a classmate of mine to head out to the Red Deer game coming up.
I had convinced a friend of mine to buy season tickets with me,he did and then he said that his job was a night time job and that he could no longer have season tickets. That I can kind of understand,but I was sad because the road trips had to stop because I stupidly refused to go on the booster club road trips alone. I wish I could go on more road trips,and honestly I would rather sit in an opposing teams arena and watch the Blades instead of watch a home game in the CUC all in terms of the atmosphere and attendance factor. everywhere I go I wear a piece of Blades clothing,and most of the time it does not get people talking. It will be interesting to see how many people take advantage of the CHEAP TICKETS on the 16th. After that I do not think the crowds will stay. I do not understand and I try not get angry but what would happen if the Blades had to be moved because they were not attracting enough people to the games??

bladesmemskychamps
12-12-2008, 12:39 AM
maybe they need to bring in some players who can excite the crowds a bit more,,maybe make the deadline deals that puts us over the top for playoffs and bring in more fans that way i mean if the blades grab broada from mj and one of PA's 20's either bernhardt or robertson or someone that will excite the crowds maybe more fans will attend???

Wildeyes
12-13-2008, 12:34 AM
you want a good big crowd its simple

FREE BEER

ElliotFan6
01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
New member here and I have season tickets! GO BLADES!!!

Tidball
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
New member here and I have season tickets! GO BLADES!!!
Welcome bud. um, Elliott is spelled with 2 "t's"

ElliotFan6
01-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Welcome bud. um, Elliott is spelled with 2 "t's"

No.... I'm not talking about Stefan man.

Tidball
01-08-2009, 10:47 AM
No.... I'm not talking about Stefan man.

You post on a Blades forum with the name elliotfan6.

And you're NOT referring to the player named Elliott, who wears #6? You had me fooled, lol. clrkthj

ElliotFan6
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
You post on a Blades forum with the name elliotfan6.

And you're NOT referring to the player named Elliott, who wears #6? You had me fooled, lol. clrkthj

I'm a Darren Elliot fan, I'm pretty sure I know how to spell Stefan's last name correctly!