PDA

View Full Version : vs. Regina

SectionNDeserter
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
The 3rd game in as many nights started off with a fast pace for the Rebels, who dominated the first period, drawing penalty after penalty, as the Pats waterskiied behind them. Ferraro opens the scoring with Teubert sitting in the box for slashing.

Midway through the second frame, Eberle is forced to the outside nicely by the Rebels defender, and wastes a very weak shot on goal, that somehow finds the back of the net to tie this one up.

In the 3rd period, the Rebels looked completely out of gas. Kivisto was near the blueline or something, and Kot stood there and watched Leffler get about 10 cracks at the puck before finally putting it over a sprawling Morgan Clark. Egener responds a few minutes later, stopping what was either a bad pass back or a clearing attempt, gaining control of it, then putting it behind Rowat who had about 5 players in front of him screening him. That was about the end of the game for the Rebels, as Regina controlled much of the game after that, with Leffler getting wide open, and putting a hard wrister past Clark, and Strueby cutting across the crease all alone later on the power play and easily putting it over a sprawling Morgan Clark.

Who/What impressed me in this game;

Alex Petrovic - Was effective defensively, showed some good speed rushing up the ice with the puck a few times, and put a number of shots on goal. Looked a lot more confident with the puck than I have ever seen him prior to this game.

Luke Egener - Logged a lot of minutes, scored a goal, and was solid defensively. It is good to have him back in the lineup.

Brett Leffler - Went hard to the net a lot, and it definately paid dividends for him.

Colten Teubert and Carter Smith - They both had average games, but the running shoving, slashing and verbal exchanges they had were entertaining.

Who/what didn't impress me in this game;

Morgan Clark - Made some huge saves, but often were a result of huge rebounds that he had just put out into the slot. Lets an extremely soft first goal in. His rebound control has to get significantly better if he is going to remain in the WHL.

Joel Kot - I don't know if he was just exhausted, but he looked terrible for most of the night. Made a lot of bad passes, 'Scarboroughed' the puck on the boards a number of times, and really made life easy for the Pats in front of the net.

Cody Hanson - Was really the only Pats player that didn't look like they were really with the program. Took some dumb/lazy penalties, and wasn't really effective in either end of the ice.

Hitmen1
12-08-2008, 10:48 AM
I kept switching the radio back and forth from the Hitmen game and the Rebels game. I kinda figured the Rebels would be in trouble when they didn't capitalize on some of those power plays early on.