PDA

View Full Version : Tyrell Makes World Junior Team

TwoBits
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I was happy see that Dana made the team. It might be a little tough on the Cougars until he returns but I heard one of the coaches of another team mention in an interview, that players return from these tournaments with wind in their sails and with newly learned skills.

SectionNDeserter
12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
He has also been the talk of just about every trade rumor that I have heard this season, as he is an outstanding player that fits all of the 'rental player' requirements. I for one will be shocked if the team that he returns to from the tournament is the Prince George Cougars.

TwoBits
12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I won't be shocked if he does.

I think the rumours are a bunch of guys saying, "boy wouldn't it be nice to have Tyrell".

All I can say is if the team does trade him, they better get something more than draft picks. High draft picks seem to mean diddly squat in PG.

the flying moose
12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
They won't trade him unless its for something special.

They wont trade him for draft picks that won't show up. They won't trade him for players that are unproven ie Ian Curtis. He'll finish up the season as a Cougar and be playing in Norfolk or TB next season.

TwoBits
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
They won't trade him unless its for something special.

They wont trade him for draft picks that won't show up. They won't trade him for players that are unproven ie Ian Curtis. He'll finish up the season as a Cougar and be playing in Norfolk or TB next season.

I agree. Let's face it, the teams that may want to scoop him up for a playoff run aren't going to be giving up anything good. I feel he has more value as a leader on this team than getting more youngsters.

Is it unrealistic to hope he may be in PG next year?

the flying moose
12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Is it unrealistic to hope he may be in PG next year?

IMO he will be gone. He stayed at the TB training camp longer than people thought he would at the beginning of this season and he has only gotten better. Something drastic would have to happen for him to stay with PG next season.