PDA

View Full Version : les lazaruk

ProStaff
12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
lsiten I don't want to get to crazy on this topic but! When you watch that game last night and bring 10 friends that have never been to a game and you get such bad refing that did cause the outcome of the game. I don't want to listen to Les our play by play guy! stick up for them!!!! LES WHAT GAME WHERE YOU WATCHING? why don't you call a spad a spad? and not sugar coat it! If you can't see that we had total control of that game until the refing gone show took over I think you need to hand the Play by play over to someone else!!!

Tidball
12-19-2008, 09:02 PM
And he saw it that night. Les cannot comment on the joke calls, otherwise he could get fined. Its prolly really tough having to commentate a game and not lose it at the jokes in stripes during that game.

ProStaff
12-21-2008, 10:16 PM
And he saw it that night. Les cannot comment on the joke calls, otherwise he could get fined. Its prolly really tough having to commentate a game and not lose it at the jokes in stripes during that game.

How in the heck can he get fined? he isn't employed by the Blades, he is a private business, it would be the same thing if the Mini donut guy was *****ing to the media after the game, who is going to fine him?

Tidball
12-28-2008, 11:23 AM
The Blades asked Les to do thier games. Les does have another job, but the Blades are a side job. The Blades employ Les, the WHL employs the Blades. Therefor the WHL can fine Les should he comment about the refs. I think he got fined a few years ago when Helm got away with an elbow in the playoffs.

bladesvoice
12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
...I'm not employed by the Blades. My paycheques come from the Saskatoon Media Group, the parent company of CJWW-AM, CKBL-FM (92-9, The Bull) and CJMK-FM (Magic 98.3). I'm the Sports Director for all three of those stations and I do play-by-play of the Blades on 92-9, The Bull as the hockey club granted our company the radio broadcast rights for them.
I was not fined by the WHL for going off on the officials during that playoff series with Medicine Hat a few years ago...although some people thought I would because of the same misconception that you have...that I'm an employee of the Blades, which I am not.
As for the officiating in that game with Calgary...as odd as both Holtby and Burgart being penalized for interference on the same play was, and as incorrect as the penalty calls were, they happened in the second period. The Blades lost their composure, but still managed to take a 4-3 lead after that. They lost because their play didn't measure up to that of the Hitmen in the final 25 minutes or so...in my humble opinion.
Further to that, if the Blades are going to be considered an elite team with the likes of Calgary and Vancouver this season, blaming the officials, no matter how bad they are or can be, is something they can't get their mental focus messed up with.

Cheers,
Les