PDA

View Full Version : Gary Sylvester

mccabe23
04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
When will Sylvester learn? As a 18 year old, he should know by now to stop taking stupid penalties. I understand that it must be hard to sit on the bench all game and when he gets a shift he wants to go hard. But he always seems to take a stupid penalty when he gets a shift. Perhaps the refs know his reputation and watch him like a hawk? Maybe. The crosscheck in round one against a Giant after the whistle and the doubleminor last night are examples of Gary not thinking. In fact, Gary has taken some dumb penalties since becoming a Rocket.

I really feel for him because he has some pretty good skill to take a regular shift. He can skate pretty well, has a few moves, can hit and has a nice slapshot. But for Gary, it's his mental game that needs work.

After his double minor last night (even though seattle didn't score), I think he will be sat out on Thursday and perhaps longer.

I think in the offseason, Mr. Hamilton will have to decide if Gary is an asset or a liability. It's a tough call.

Jovorock
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Some of those penalties in Kelowna were bad penalties to take. Truitt played Syl after his four minute last night, so was he pissed off about the call? I think Syl will be a lot bigger force next year as a 19 yr old, but he should calm down alittle bit.

kelownakarl
04-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I have no problem with Sylvester.... In the words of a wise man one day... "It only gets better from here!"

We only gave up an 8th rounder for him and in my mind he has done his job. So good deal says I.