PDA

View Full Version : The Series: Some observations.

bjhunnicutt
04-13-2005, 02:11 PM
As posted on the Kootenay Ice Bd. this hour:

The Coronary Kids and their opponents
April 13 2005 at 1:03 PM bjhunnicutt (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Life isn't measured by the # of breaths we take but moreso by the moments that take our breath away."

Said it before but can't [nor would I be so foolish as to want to] shake this feeling of awe I have when considering the lofty level of success these boys have enjoyed this season. And the best part is, they're taking us all along for the ride!

Chipper repeatedly now has correctly said that if ya take away the empty netters the whole series was a collection of one goal margins. Our boys had to dig deep and the Tips gave them hell at every turn.
When considering the two combatants as entities, I saw the series as character, systems and skill vs. character and systems.

Ice followers are of course celebrating today and when one looks at the posts on the white bd. and WHL Fans, it's interesting to see that so are the Silvertip supporters. Easy to understand the joy in Iceville but what is happening in Everett doesn't conform with conventional standards. Thing is nobody can make you feel bad without your permission, and a great many of Tip fans see the sport through eyes that appreciate the game less for the outcome than they do for the show they just witnessed.

Heard that the Tips organization refer to themselve and their fans as family. If their actions align with their message it would explain why fans so love their team and the caring was so much in evidence [saw the web cast]in the emotional outporing amongst and towards their mates during their last few moments on the Ice last night.

He's been maligned for his unconventional style and excentricities in the series [and I believe at least some of the criticism has been warranted] but Kevin C. has earned my respect for bringing together his charges in such an extraordinary fashion. Leaders who can do this are often seen as "flakes" by the casual observer. One can hardly argue with the success he's enjoyed since taking the reigns.

Good luck to the Tips next season, and good to meet several of your faithful during their visit. BJ

Kristi
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
As posted on the Kootenay Ice Bd. this hour:
Heard that the Tips organization refer to themselve and their fans as family. If their actions align with their message it would explain why fans so love their team and the caring was so much in evidence [saw the web cast]in the emotional outporing amongst and towards their mates during their last few moments on the Ice last night.

this is VERY true! I've been a fan of WHL hockey for 18 seasons and this is the past two years have been wonderful in Everett. I was one of the skeptical people who thought I'd go to games in Everett when Seattle didn't have games. I soon found myself setting up the booster club in Everett, and going to every home and away game I could! I quickly became an member of the family. The front office staff, coaching staff, players they are all ONE!

My secret pal from last year is a good friend off the ice and my scrapbook buddy from this year is a freind as is his family to both myself and my husband. They appreciate everything fans do for them and I am rewarded daily by getting to see these fantastic boys play hockey!

The family aspect is there from day one of training camp until the last one leaves Everett. There is an unbelievable amount of support from the community and fans for this team. We take them in and treat them like our own. In bigger cities and even not so bigger cities I don't think there is that.

Tipped Off
04-13-2005, 02:19 PM
and my response on the Ice board a few minutes ago...lol:

Thanks April 13 2005, 1:15 PM

Thanks for the words. It is so hard to make people understand the feeling we have towards a hard-working team like the Tips. People on other boards don;t understand the emotion the fans here have invested.

Alex Leavitt on the radio after last nights game said, Had I not been traded to Everett when I was I have no doubt I would not have skates on right now. I had lost my passion for the game in Swift. No one there enjoyed it anymore. When I was told I was traded I got excited again knowing the type of team we saw in Everett. Once I actually got to play in Everett I knew this was something special. I have never in my life been treated the way I have for the past few months and felt the way I have towards a city I've played in. I am going to miss Everett tremendously. I can see why guys like Harvey & Dahl come back here to cheer on the team.