PDA

View Full Version : Dyck needs to go

taylor0017
12-27-2008, 11:06 PM
After the performance tonight against Kootenay , Micheal Dyck needs to be releived of his duties. I have not seen a team that needs leadership since the Miko Makela days. We were out scored , out hustled , out played , out hit out everything. I understand that we were misssing keys guys , but that is not an excuse. Dyck stands on that bench and does nothing but chew that gum. Scream , yell , show some kind of encouagement to motivate the players. Dyck stands there chewing that gum and makes faces. We made it to the finals last year .....on a hot goaltender and luck, not on the coaching. Did you all see the Edmonton coach when he went nuts and got kicked out? He motivated his team to playing better and almost a comeback!!!!!!

Next Dwight king has done sweet nothing all year. He needs to ride the bench fort a game or two. Maybe we could trade him for a goalie ......I am sure there is team that Little Roy needs to help..........

I am sure glad there was a 50/50 draw tonight ..cause once that was drawn, ther building emptied faster then if they announced there was a terroist in the building.

I am sure there are people that are going to disagree ....but I am sure some will agree......but tonight was very painful to watch ....

Happy New Year to all

loudi94
12-27-2008, 11:27 PM
While reserving judgment on the coaching I have but one observation. With the exception of a few guys, this team is just not that good. Put Ashton in a Kootenay jersey tonight and he gets a hat trick. One good year and we may have to blow it all up and start again. Deal all the guys that won't be back next year and build up the resources.

shushu
12-27-2008, 11:40 PM
here a word for you...........trade,trade trade.............actually three words..................was talking to one of the billets that sit in my section and he was saying that there could be 3 or 4 new faces on this team before the trade deadline,little roy is not happy with more than a few players on this team...wheather it true or not is another story....as for dyck there was a caller after the game that basically sumed up your thoughts, he does not cut the mustard with alot of fans of this team......wheather last year was a fluke or not there seems to be a lack of motivation at time with the canes and figuring out where the problem is will be the task at hand.......but i for one agree with you some thing has to change here.....if you look at the canes last 3 or 4 years there is 30 games where there team dominated and the rest is abit of wash....not a great record over all if you ask me..............................GO CANES GO.............

moon
12-28-2008, 02:25 AM
I really don't see what firing Dyck at this point in the season is going to do for the team. At this point I think you let him coach to the end of the season and make the assessment then.

As bad as the team has played this year they are still looking very solid as a play-off team and could very easily end up being top 4 in the conference. AS we saw last year and every year in every sport that is all that is needed to make a run. ( I certainly do not think that this team has what it takes to make that run but you never know.)

I don't think last year was a fluke at all. The team was a very good team and played to the best of their ability in the play-offs last season. This year the team has lost a lot of that talent, especially defensively, and they are playing to the low end of their ability.

The game tonight was a bad performance from the team but with the top two centers (one who is a top player in the league and one who would have been key in killing the multiple PP's), top goalie and lacking defensemen the result isn't horrible.

Dyck has accomplished a lot with this team in his short time here and although I question a lot of his decisions I think he has definitely earned the right to stay on until the end of the season at least.

taylor0017
12-28-2008, 12:44 PM
:wave: So we just let the team slide until the end of the year and miss the playoffs again ? If that is the case then we should start to rebuild ....by trading some of the players that are not going to return next year. What would a Boychuk get at the trade deadline? What would a Dwight King get us? Anyone that needs an over ager .....Wright? Hoff? . I am not for giving up on the season ,and that is why you make the coaching change now, if there is a coach out there, that can help us. clrkthj

moon
12-28-2008, 01:08 PM
:wave: So we just let the team slide until the end of the year and miss the playoffs again ? If that is the case then we should start to rebuild ....by trading some of the players that are not going to return next year. What would a Boychuk get at the trade deadline? What would a Dwight King get us? Anyone that needs an over ager .....Wright? Hoff? . I am not for giving up on the season ,and that is why you make the coaching change now, if there is a coach out there, that can help us. clrkthj

They aren't even close to being at risk of missing the play-offs this year, even with their terrible play.

Who is this great coach that is going to come in and work wonders mid-season?

Keeping Dyck as coach isn't giving up on the season, firing a successful coach with a team that is firmly in a play-off spot and bringing in some random coach is.

taylor0017
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
I have no idea who to bring in , but we are only 6 points up on the Oil kings with 3 games in hand. We go on the road after this mini homestand , and we could be falling fast , or maybe we gain some ground... I am just saying that I don't think Dyck motivates the team to the level they need to be motivated too. He may be a great instructor , but you must comunicate to these kids ,and at this point I don't think that he has done that. I agree with you that bringing in another coach at this time may not be the solution , but what is????

moon
12-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I have no idea who to bring in , but we are only 6 points up on the Oil kings with 3 games in hand.

Considering the talent (well really lack of talent) that the Oilkings have that is a HUGE lead.

Win the game tonight we are in 6th place with a realistic shot at being 3rd with a decent (not even great) stretch.

I am just saying that I don't think Dyck motivates the team to the level they need to be motivated too. He may be a great instructor , but you must comunicate to these kids ,and at this point I don't think that he has done that. I agree with you that bringing in another coach at this time may not be the solution , but what is????

Sure something needs to be done as this team is certainly more talented than the 8th team in the conference but firing a coach that has had success isn't really a very good option.

I think first and foremost the team needs to just play better. Sounds simple but that is really the main thing and in my view that is on the players more so than the coaches. Dyck can only do so much if the players aren't going to go out and give the effort.

Second, they need to get guys back, whether from injury Ross and Bancks or from tournaments Boychuk and Metsola.

Finally, I do think that they need to make at least one more move for a offensive defenseman or a top 6 winger. I think that they have the depth to move some of the younger guys and that it would be worth it to add something to this team.

Jake
12-28-2008, 03:17 PM

If Sbisa doesn't return, I'm leaning toward moving some bodies if the return is decent. Without Luca, the team can't compete with Calgary, Kelowna and Vancouver.

Junior hockey is cyclical and while the team has improved on representing the respective age groups to minimize this cyclicality, you still have to "pick your spots" when it comes to making a big time run.

shushu
12-28-2008, 03:37 PM
If Sbisa doesn't return, I'm leaning toward moving some bodies if the return is decent. Without Luca, the team can't compete with Calgary, Kelowna and Vancouver.

Junior hockey is cyclical and while the team has improved on representing the respective age groups to minimize this cyclicality, you still have to "pick your spots" when it comes to making a big time run.
i dont think this team would stand a chance against vancouver or calgary, they are where we were last year a very hot team on one hell of role.....lethbridge,not so much....like you said, pick your spots amd this year is not it.....time to move some of the high end talent closer to the deadline.......................

Gamer
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I totally agree with DYCK being gone he is so brutal!! I am sick of his stupid "smart" moves. HE makes some real stupid decisions. Last night you have Hoff, and Orfino they were the best players on the ice- now he SPLITS THEM UP!!!! WHy so Braes his little favorie can play on the FIRST LINE!!! Braes was on for THREE pk goals against Lethbridge and so far MINUS two. Dyck better stop chewing his gum and get his head on straight. BRAES IS NOT GOING PRO!!

Gamer
12-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I guess my point is he is such a bad coach!! He rewards players for doing nothing. GUys can continously SUCK and be rewarded, so why should they play better?? when they cough up the puck over and over and suck so bad they just continue to get more ice... it is so frustrating!! If they can t perform bench them... play the guys that deserve it.... and tonight is a prime example.. sick to watch

Gamer
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Forgive me I am a little wrong... I see Braes and Iwanski are not on the PK tonight. That is a smart move. Last night they were on for 3 goals against so Dyck actually figured that out - so he must be a little bit smart. So I am wrong.. he does know something...

captain blog
12-28-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't think Roy can trade his way out of this mess. Roy and Dyck should do everyone a favour and just retire!!! HA HA HA!!! Sell the Canes to the Sutters and see what happens. GO CANES GO clrkth

shushu
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
to see what roy does by jan 10th if this team continues to slide ...on a side note sbisa's healthy 2 game sratch was cause by sleeping in and missing a team meeting which carries a 2 game suspention........so it may not mean a return to the bridge.....time will tell..............

localguy
12-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I totally agree with DYCK being gone he is so brutal!! I am sick of his stupid "smart" moves. HE makes some real stupid decisions. Last night you have Hoff, and Orfino they were the best players on the ice- now he SPLITS THEM UP!!!! WHy so Braes his little favorie can play on the FIRST LINE!!! Braes was on for THREE pk goals against Lethbridge and so far MINUS two. Dyck better stop chewing his gum and get his head on straight. BRAES IS NOT GOING PRO!!

I have tried to be positive all year, but the optimism train has finally been de-railed.

Couldn't agree more with gamer. I am sick of seeing Braes out there all the time doing nothing. Wait, he did cough up the puck in his own end for the Oils first goal. And where did Fyten and Taylor go? They were the only guys making things happen in the first, and then they just plain disappeared from the bench, literally. If you look at the lack of development in Braes in the last season and a half it is clear he is as good as he's gonna get. He is the same player he was coming out of camp last year. Then you look at the rest of the youngsters, Ashton, Orfino, Fyten, Yadlowski, Taylor and so on, they are all getting better and better with less than half of the ice that Braes has gotten. Open your eyes COACH, you aren't going to get Braes drafted, put him on the fourth line or better yet in the stands for a few games, and make him earn his ice like you tell all the other guys they have to, no pp, no first line, nothing. For the record, I could say the same things about Iwanski's lack of development too, but I am cutting him some slack because he missed most of the first half due to injury, but didn't see any improvment last year begining to end in him either with the all the ice he had too. As far as our d, the only time we do good in our end is when our only two backchecking forwards are on the ice (Hoff and Orfino). Playing favorites at this level is not acceptable, bench some of your so-called stars, and let them watch the third and fourth line play so maybe they canfigure out how to work hard, keep their feet moving, and help out their d-men when they are trying to break out while being fore-checked. If you don't move, there's no outlet, and then there's teh big turnover. Quit being a bunck of lazy bums, and get to work. Tonight was better, but still sooooo many passengers. A coach that continues to reward laziness, slopiness, and players that don't want to work period, should not be employed in tis league. Grow a pair and sit the "big guns", and let those who want it have it.

localguy
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
I will retract the removal of Taylor and Fyten comments, according to the Herald, they were injured during the game.

grainbear
12-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I for one am totally fed up with how you run a power play. Penalty kill with the exception of the Kootenay game I can life with. We simply have no one who will hoot from the point. I would much rather see us give up a goal because a forward does a job of blocking a d-man shot and get a breakaway then to continually cycle the puck on the outside of the perimeter waiting for the someone to find a way to get open and put it in the open net.

Bocephus
12-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Why is everyone so negative? I don't get it.
We have known for some time that the Canes are pretenders.

shushu
12-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Why is everyone so negative? I don't get it.
We have known for some time that the Canes are pretenders.
i dont think for a second that the canes players are pretenders, the talent is there, a good group of kids.....the problem lies above the players with the management(direction if you may) of this team..............untill that changes this team will always be the same up and down rollercoaster that we known so well..................

OLDSCHOOL
12-30-2008, 12:50 AM
It is funny how the Hurricanes aren't winning and the fans get all upset. I would love to see some of these fans keep their lips shut and let the boys play. As for Dyck, to motivate a bunch of men to go play the greatest game on earth and the best league in the country is a joke. If you as a player can't get your self motivated enough to go out and perform at this level, then maybe it should be those players that should be moved not the coach. I had Maxie as a coach and he screamed and yelled, great coach, great guy but never once did I get motivated to play. Maybe everyone should email Trevor Kenny and get him to start writing what he thinks should be done like he did with Maxie. I hated playing here, Baseball and Hockey because if you didn't win, nobody came to watch. Now we have a team that has another chance to advance along way and we are running the coach out of town. Great Job once again Lethbridge for supporting your local teams. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

localguy
12-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Sorry OS, but I don't see anyone griping about he coach not motivating his players, just the coach not teaching and developing his players, and playing favorites. With the exception of a couple good years, the Canes sucked under Maxi, and they still got my money. I support the players, and when they are being out coached on a regular basis, I would call that a problem. If you have watched any games, you have seen the issues that are being discussed here, and if you haven't, then I guess you aren't watching when you are there, or you just aren't there (like the rest of us so-called lousey fans).

shushu
12-30-2008, 03:37 AM
It is funny how the Hurricanes aren't winning and the fans get all upset. I would love to see some of these fans keep their lips shut and let the boys play. As for Dyck, to motivate a bunch of men to go play the greatest game on earth and the best league in the country is a joke. If you as a player can't get your self motivated enough to go out and perform at this level, then maybe it should be those players that should be moved not the coach. I had Maxie as a coach and he screamed and yelled, great coach, great guy but never once did I get motivated to play. Maybe everyone should email Trevor Kenny and get him to start writing what he thinks should be done like he did with Maxie. I hated playing here, Baseball and Hockey because if you didn't win, nobody came to watch. Now we have a team that has another chance to advance along way and we are running the coach out of town. Great Job once again Lethbridge for supporting your local teams. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
come crawling on here and tell us we should keep smiling at the same disaster bryan and his girls brought to this town, and anything that even came close to good hockey.....what a joke ...after your short career in university and you main job at the bottle depot, have fun reliving the sad years of bryan hockey except for 1 year...the worst lethbridge has seen...........ps please dont tell us long term fan what your favorite coach did, because he did nothing but destroy this team for many year to come by selling out every 1st round pick for bad choices......been here a very long time so blow smoke up some one elses behind......................... nice try dick...lol...........

Bocephus
12-30-2008, 05:15 AM
This is a league that produces opportuntities for players to sign huge pro contracts. ie Boychuk's huge signing bonus. If a player is affected by a bit of fan criticism then they probably didn't have what it takes to be a pro.
See you in the real world.
signed
I probably make more money than you.

sbtatter
12-30-2008, 09:11 AM
WK's are coming to your barn tonight to provide you with a win and take the heat off your coach!!
About the only guys playin well at the moment are Glennie, clarky, Lowry and Melnychuk.....

captain blog
12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
WK's are coming to your barn tonight to provide you with a win and take the heat off your coach!!
About the only guys playin well at the moment are Glennie, clarky, Lowry and Melnychuk.....

DON'T WORRY,
vc124 unless our coach grows a brain, he will play his favourites way too much instead of playing the players that deserve to play more!!!!! Dyck brings the heat on himself by his poor choices Boogaard'd go canes go clrkth

Bocephus
12-30-2008, 11:59 AM
At least we can look forward to the Assistant coach answering the questions after the game and the broadcast crew tippy toe'in the real questions since they have to ride the bus with the team. I love the accountability.

captain blog
12-30-2008, 12:38 PM
At least we can look forward to the Assistant coach answering the questions after the game and the broadcast crew tippy toe'in the real questions since they have to ride the bus with the team. I love the accountability.

LOL, Well said! The puppet show after the game is a pathetic joke :rolleyes: go canes go clrkth

Gamer
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM

SORRY I disagree. When we come out tonight again with Braes on the top line ... WE WILL LOSE. He destroys that line big time - but really thats not his fault it's the Coaches.. so, the HEAT will NOT come off of the coach until he opens his eyes and changes it up. We have no hope in winning this game. Actually he is so "Smart" that he continues with the same stupid mistakes as a coach game in and game out. Firstly he screws up line combos that actually work, then he hasnt even TRIED to fix the power play... same old... same old... cycle the puck in the corner...then he continues the reward his favourites... like I said we have NO hope of winning this one....

the flying moose
12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
i dont think for a second that the canes players are pretenders, the talent is there, a good group of kids.....the problem lies above the players with the management(direction if you may) of this team..............untill that changes this team will always be the same up and down rollercoaster that we known so well..................

Welcome to the world of being a Prince George Cougar fan.

OLDSCHOOL
01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
It's funny to hear all the nhl coaches and guys that know how to coach, and to the bozo talking about making more money than me. Nice come back. I bet you thought of that one all by yourself. I have been in this city for 37 years and watch alot of hockey and played alot. Not once did I say that I played in lethbridge for maxie. Read then speak. So what is going to happen when all the players come back and the canes go on a winning streak the way they did last year. All of you will be back on the bandwagon once again. LOL

Bocephus
01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
What will happen is we get the eighth spot and get beaten by Calgary and have gotten nothing for the non returning players that other teams will likely want to trade for.
The Canes have proven repeatedly with a full lineup that they are pretenders. That includes managament and players.
Also, when did I say you played for Maxie in Lethbridge?

shushu
01-02-2009, 12:27 AM
It's funny to hear all the nhl coaches and guys that know how to coach, and to the bozo talking about making more money than me. Nice come back. I bet you thought of that one all by yourself. I have been in this city for 37 years and watch alot of hockey and played alot. Not once did I say that I played in lethbridge for maxie. Read then speak. So what is going to happen when all the players come back and the canes go on a winning streak the way they did last year. All of you will be back on the bandwagon once again. LOL
like anyone wanted nor care to hear it... but i do love how you structured your attack making fun of all the armchair coaches, then follow it up with the big talk about all the hockey you have played under maxi and beyond. then finish it off with"bin in town since the time of our forfathers", nice touch...make aperson wonder how do you fight back again this perfection ..you must be like a god down at the bottle depot......................... vci22... ps...if you been in the city for 37 years how and where did maxi coach you......and street hockey does not count dick.....