PDA

View Full Version : Pats 1 @ Broncos 7

Big Ern
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
The Swift Current Broncos continued their recent roll, dumping the visiting Regina Pats by a 7-1 score on Sunday night.

-the Pats never had a prayer in this one. You can use the "utter domination" cliche. The only goal for Regina was caused by a great bounce off a stanchion in the Broncos' end. It bounced directly in the slot to Tomas Hricina, who was able to capitalize.

-Cody Eakin is no doubt a huge part of this hockey club. He has not gone a game without scoring since his return from injury before the Christmas break, and added two goals and one assist tonight....including the first two tallies in the game.

-missing players is not an excuse. It's reality. The Pats looked like a first half Bronco squad tonight, missing key players Jordan Eberle and Colton Teubert courtesy the WJHC, and numerous other important cogs on their team.

-big night for Spencer McAvoy, who pitched in with three assists and played well defensively. He was a +3.

-Travis Yonkman made some key saves in goal. The Pats' broadcast implied that Yonkman has their number.

-Jan Dalecky loves to play the Regina Pats...and with good reason. He scored two goals, and had a whale of a game.

-a prime example of how hard the young players worked tonight was Jordan Peddle's goal, the last goal of the game. Peddle looked completely covered behind the net, and managed to somehow weasel his way out in front on the left side of Rowatt to deposit the puck over his arm. Shift after shift, the young guys came in waves. Taylor Vause had a great outing and so did Dillon Wagner.

-ironically, Swift Current's powerplay did not look that good in this game. Looking at the game sheet, 2 for 8 would indicate that it was exceptional. But in truth, the powerplay was never really able to set up that well. Both powerplay markers were sort of scored off the rush. I guess a PP goal is still a PP goal.

-credit the Broncos' coaching staff, who kept the team going hard coming out of intermissions. You have to think Regina believed in a comeback after their gigantic comeback last night in Brandon from a 3-0 deficit.

-Swift Current has now won six of it's last seven games.

-the Broncos shook off the turkey after 20 minutes in Medicine Hat last night, got going, and never stopped until they had a satisfying 2-0 weekend behind them.

Coming up next is a road game in PA this Tuesday. The team has been on the road a lot of late, and has really done well. There is reason to believe the guys can get a win there with more hard work and creep closer to that East division lead....

**Below are tonight's game highlights:**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IEBRDpyZDA

Unfortunately, the first three goals of the game, all Swift Current goals, are not featured in the video. Is this due to the fact that this CTV station is based in the Queen City?? Hmmmm.....

NOTES:

-TRADES??!! The deadline is getting dangerously close. With Jesse Dudas out of the fold now as far as playing for the Broncos is concerned, will we see a move coming right up? Something tells me that Dudas may be done in the WHL. I don't think Spencer McAvoy's job is in danger at all. He's doing a lot of great things and despite that would probably garner little interest on the trade market. I also cannot see Keegan Dansereau going anywhere at this point. And now with the 20-year-old situation as good as solved, the Broncos may well hang on to both their goaltenders. I guess we'll see what happens. It's coming right up....

-the inner satisfaction caused by a win in Medicine Hat is awesome. I just LOVE it when the Broncos win in that building like they did last night. Fortunately and thanks to MY96 FM's Kim Johnston who took care of the ticketing difficulties, I was in attendance for the great 5-3 win.

-I'm still undecided on driving to PA this Tuesday. I vowed I would never go there again, but it sure is tempting, given the fact that my holidays last until January 5. A passenger for the long and boring trip would seal the deal and make it a yes. Please private message me if interested.

Have a fantabulous week, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Flathead
12-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Ern you missed my favorite part of the game! 17 year old rookie Jordan Peddle hung a pretty good lickin on 20 year old Michael MacAngus. Good scrap!

stick boy
12-29-2008, 12:03 AM
We had a lot of good efforts tonight, I really liked Wagner, Peddle and Toulmin as well.

Good on Molle for coming to a teammates defense.

McAngus should be embarassed, Peddle popped him with some great shots.

Big Ern
12-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Ern you missed my favorite part of the game! 17 year old rookie Jordan Peddle hung a pretty good lickin on 20 year old Michael MacAngus. Good scrap!

Again, sorry for the lack of fight recaps Flathead. ;) lol

Fortunately, some of that tilt IS featured in the game highlights...you can view them by clicking the link in my previous post.

ointhecreek
12-29-2008, 12:33 AM
We had a lot of good efforts tonight, I really liked Wagner, Peddle and Toulmin as well.

Good on Molle for coming to a teammates defense.

McAngus should be embarassed, Peddle popped him with some great shots.
Molle sure has changed since coming back from injury for the better. hitting more, going in the corners, and scraping and sticking up for his team mates. Not sure if someone had a chat with him and told him to be more physical or what but he's improved BIG time IMO. Congrats.

CrazyGeorge
12-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Release or trade Ius? Release or trade Dudas?

Trade value for Dudas has been always up there because a lot of teams are in need of a top four dman and Ius' trade value would be equal or less than what we traded to get him (5th round pick).

I"m liking the line combos we have going...

Tassone/Dowling/Dansereau
Wudrick/Eakin/Hoban
Peddle/Vause/Dalecky
Brown/Toulmin/Wagner

Ius (family reasons...not sure if I by that one)
Magnus (U17...where does he fit when he returns?)

I'm not going to make comments regarding the dman until we know what's going on with Dudas. I hope we trade him to a MJ or Portland like team or something of that nature. I''m still unsure if we are going to deal any of our 19 year olds...Tassone/Toulmin/Doyle/Molle/Claffey/Guggenberger...not really sure I'm wanting to move any of them with how we're playing now. I'm curious what others are thinking.

On a side note...take a look at Regin'as team. Most of their top players were out of the lineup with the likes of Weal, Eberle, Teubert and Cerveny. Take three or four of our top players out and see what a difference it makes. Life without Dansereau? Tassone? Doyle? etc.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-29-2008, 12:59 AM
I would say that the absenses the pats have is a legitimate excuse. Missing half of our top 2 lines, and half of our top 4 defencemen.

I didnt watch the game but I still know that the defence is a mess, especially without Teubert or Scarborough logging minutes. Rowat cant do everything...and the offensive lines are jumbled up chemistry wise. Eberle and Weal's absence is a big blow to the offence as it is, and Cerveny is a key player on both ends of the ice as well.

Though with that being said, it doesnt completely justify losing by this margin, especially to the broncos (no offence). Maybe this could be a good wakeup call not only to the players, but to the GM. He needs to make the necessary trades, and he especially needs to address the situation on defence.

Flathead
12-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Again, sorry for the lack of fight recaps Flathead. ;) lol

Fortunately, some of that tilt IS featured in the game highlights...you can view them by clicking the link in my previous post.
Love how they show the last two seconds of the fight to make it look like MacAngus did something in that scrap. lol.

transplantedbronco
12-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah that clip is a little dumb lets show the last seconds of Mac "NO CLASS" Angus going with Jordan Peddle. A 17 year old. Wow what a hero. Hey ANUS next game I will bring my nephew to the game and you can give him a go. Might be able to actually win that one clear cut as he is only 15.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=Some_Arrogant_Jerk]I would say that the absenses the pats have is a legitimate excuse. Missing half of our top 2 lines, and half of our top 4 defencemen.

That's how the Broncos spent the first half of the season, with 4 or 5 starters out of the line up on most nights.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah that clip is a little dumb lets show the last seconds of Mac "NO CLASS" Angus going with Jordan Peddle. A 17 year old. Wow what a hero. Hey ANUS next game I will bring my nephew to the game and you can give him a go. Might be able to actually win that one clear cut as he is only 15.

How did that happen anyway? Macangus usually isnt the type to just jump somebody. Keep in mind, the fact that peddle is 17 doesnt make him immune to fighting if he instigates something.

Flathead
12-29-2008, 06:29 PM
How did that happen anyway? Macangus usually isnt the type to just jump somebody. Keep in mind, the fact that peddle is 17 doesnt make him immune to fighting if he instigates something.
MacAngus was just looking to get his team going and went after Peddle. Peddle let him have it big time, I would say if anything it fired up the Broncos more and the fans. I was very surprised how good Peddle did, he kept changing from rights to lefts and had MacAngus right confused.

CrazyGeorge
12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Tassone/Dowling/Dansereau
Wudrick/Eakin/Hoban
Peddle/Vause/Dalecky
Brown/Toulmin/Wagner

When Magnus returns where will he fit? Who will be sitting? Thoughts?

Doesn't appear that Ius or Dudas will return this season unless Ius plays on a line with Wudrick and Eakin but I can't tolerate players like that who want to control where they play and how much they play. Let Dudas and Ius go...trade them to teams like Moose Jaw or Portland or something or simply just keep them and let them sit for the rest. Still will be interesting what happens IF anything occurs. Yonks and Guggs are a good combo between the pipes.

Speedy Broncs
12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Tough to sit any of the current 12 forwards in favor of Magnus - not that he is doing that bad, it's just that the others are doing better right now. This 16 year old has gotten better throughout the year and he will be someone to watch in the future. But, the way the 4th liners are playing the last several games, you have to give them the nod for staying in the lineup.

As for Ius and Dudas ... if Ius is staying home for anything other than personal reasons, then perhaps there are some other options out there for him. He simply is not a top 6 forward on our team, and that is where he wants to be. Dudas - trade him somewhere where he can't hurt us ... if he does not want to be here after everything the club has done for him, then SEE U LATER.

stick boy
12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah Magnus might be the 13th guy right now but by the time he is back I am sure we will have some guys bumped and bruised (knock on wood) so I am sure that he will spend his fair share of time in the line-up in the second half. I have liked his game in what I have seen so far, not sure I quite understand what type of player he is going to be in this league though.

transplantedbronco
12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I think Magnus and Hoban rotate in and out.

CrazyGeorge
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree with the rotation but when Hoban is in he'll probably play with Wudrick and Eakin it appears at when Magnus is in, I see Dalecky moving up to the second line and mangus playing on the third line with Vause and Peddle...at the same time, it's just speculation. We'll see come conclusion of U17 and trade deadline.