PDA

View Full Version : Boychuk injured?

dagley
12-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Anyone got an update on Boychuk, I haven't heard anything after seeing him get taken in hard to the boards.

Tiger Trauma
01-01-2009, 12:11 AM
TSN reported he left an crutches and was wearing a boot.

I hope its nothing serious Boychuck has been a BIG factor for team canada!

shushu
01-01-2009, 01:40 AM
its not bad enough that the canes are already playing with 14teen bodies, another injury is not what we need.... but on a personal note zach was a bench warmer last year on team canada and now that he gets his chance to shine i hope for his sake he can finish the tournament and hoist the gold knowning he was a major contributor in this series.....good luck bud.....back home we are all pulling for ya.................................. :thumb:

tigsfan0809
01-01-2009, 01:47 AM
I hope he will be alright, too, he is one of my favorite out-of-town players to watch at the Arena. It's a shame that now, not only Tyrell gets injured and loses out, possibly Zach could lose out after getting injured. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

sbtatter
01-01-2009, 09:35 AM
I think he's been our most effective forward 5 on 5, he's been dynamite. If he's out, it'll how the folly of only taking 12 forwards....

SectionNDeserter
01-01-2009, 07:07 PM
X-Rays on Boychuk's ankle come back negative (http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=261602&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_world_jrs)

captain blog
01-01-2009, 07:55 PM
X-Rays on Boychuk's ankle come back negative (http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=261602&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_world_jrs)

GREAT NEWS!!! Wishing Boychuck a quick recovery! go Canada go clrkth

scoreboard
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Taken from Greg Drinnan' blog - gdrimman.blogspot.com -

Friday, January 2, 2009

Thursday is over . . .
The Lethbridge Hurricanes and their fans are breathing easier today. X-rays on the right ankle of F Zach Boychuk, who was injured while playing for Team Canada on Wednesday night at the World Junior Championship, were negative and he is listed as day-to-day. He plans on testing the ankle with a skate on Friday and there is a chance he could play in Canada’s semifinal game on Saturday.

P.S. - Great news, glad that it was not as serious as once looked.

dagley
01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Boychuk said he's ready to go tomorrow.

dondo
01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Great news -- Zach's been a hell of a lot fun to watch and he's making things happen out there.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Great news -- Zach's been a hell of a lot fun to watch and he's making things happen out there.

I guess Pat Quinn does not agree with you. Boychuk never got on the ice in the 10 minute O/T. Niether did Ennis for that matter. The 2 of them should have got a few shifts together.

sbtatter
01-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I guess Pat Quinn does not agree with you. Boychuk never got on the ice in the 10 minute O/T. Niether did Ennis for that matter. The 2 of them should have got a few shifts together.
I didn't notice Benn on the ice in OT either. Maybe Boychuk can't skate up to his normal speed at the moment?

hitmanfan
01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I am struggling to figure out why Ennis and Sonne aren't playing. Sonne got 6 or 7 minutes yesterday.