PDA

View Full Version : interesting article

Broncs in RD
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM
A group of people want the Stanley Cup released, because it is suppose to be handed out every year. Since there is no NHL this is what might happen:
University of Alberta, the Mem. cup champ and the Allan cup champ playoff and whoever wins the series will be awarded the Stanley Cup. Don't know if it will happen, but imagine Fluery winning another stanley cup. Go Horse Lake.
Another interseting note Horse Lake Thunder has picked up ex-bronco Bryce Wandler to play for them in the allan cup,dollars per game. Congrates Bryce

Willis on the Welfare
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM
What about NCAA, AHL, ECHL and even the dreaded QSPHL? I would think that the champs of any other those leagues would have as much right to play for the Stanley Cup as CIAU, CHL and the Allan Cup. Let's call a spade a spade, the Allan Cup is a beer league trophy. I love the idea of the Todd Holt and Theo Fleury line playing for the Stanley Cup, but have a problem with a reservation (or anyone for that matter, Willis hates prejudice) basically buying the most coveted prize in all of hockey. Horse Lake would dominate any junior or univeristy team.

Having Gino Odjick on the ice in a competitive game with a bunch of 16-20 year olds is just unsafe too.

Broncs in RD
04-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I have personally seen the Horse Lake team play and I think that the Broncos would stand a good chance of beating them. I read the article and the three leauges that were mentioned were the three I posted for all I know the echl ahl and qsphl all might be able to compete as well, but were not mentioned I don't see why they wouldn't be able to compete. I hope they do something with the Stanley cup I would like it to be handed out this year to a team and it's players that playthe game for the love of it and not the money.

Willis on the Welfare
04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I have never seen the Horse Lake Thunder play. My mistake in assuming they could easily take any junior team. I guess for every Todd Holt, Kip Noble, Gino Odjick and Theo Fleury there are a couple guys like this: http://www.horselakethunder.com/profiles/sunshine/index.htm on the team who don't have the pro background or the conditioning of a WHL player.

Broncs in RD
04-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Very, Very funny.....lol that made me laugh, trust me there are a few more on the team like him.