PDA

View Full Version : reich leaves blades

wango tango
01-02-2009, 02:04 PM
The Saskatoon Blades have an open overage spoton their roster with the departure of forward Mike Reich. The 20-year-old Craik product has decided to leave the organization and await a trade.

the rest on les' blog...

http://saskatoonblades.com/News/Loft/

i was wondering why he was a scratch last night. guess he and dudas can hang out together.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Why would you leave a good hockey team and expect that you'll land somewhere better?

A. Your 20 and there is little spots available on each team
B. Your type of play is a hindrance at times
C. Your not very good to begin with
D. The Blades are in first, what are you doing?

Well good luck in your pursuit, but you might be finishing off your career in Junior A or B

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Why would you leave a good hockey team and expect that you'll land somewhere better?

A. Your 20 and there is little spots available on each team
B. Your type of play is a hindrance at times
C. Your not very good to begin with
D. The Blades are in first, what are you doing?

Well good luck in your pursuit, but you might be finishing off your career in Junior A or B
Well if you read the entire post on Les's blog maybe you would understand. I will also like to bid him good luck with his hockey future. It was fun to watch him.

CrazyGeorge
01-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Read the entire document and you'll see it was a tough decision to make. I'm not sure if Reich will be picked up by a WHL team but the only team I'm aware of having an opening in their overage spot is Regina...any other teams? Swift Current is still holding on to four twenty year olds as Dudas is another hold out not reporting to his WHL team (Broncos). I would still love to have his presense in the Broncos line up but at the same time no use in having him disrupt the locker room and team in general. I'd like see Reich land a spot because he is entertaining and does his role well (agitate). We'll see. About a week left till the deadline. Only time will tell.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah I guess I should have read that, but I don't plan on reading it anyways.

patsdude114
01-02-2009, 07:47 PM
the Pats DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT want Reich... we traded him away for a reason.. He is not that good, more of a stupid *ss then anything... Not sure where his game went he was a dominate force in bantam which was why he was such a high pick (1st rd) to begin with.

Reich reminds me alot of a ex-pat by the name of Dustin Slade... has/had talent but immature and have anger issues lmao

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
You guys should retire his number. Boogaard'd

I like Reich, I still cheered for him while he was a blade...but seriously, this is likely the best thing that could happen to the blades. Can probably use this spot to get a top line forward. You guys got depth, but lack the star power that some other teams have.

Or you could get a guy like Dudas.

Dwight Schrute
01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
now you can trade for bernhardt or mcdonald

Tidball
01-03-2009, 01:20 AM
With Reich gone 1 has to speculate about trade rumors. This musta been on Reichs mind for awhile. With him gone it seems likely that the Blades may go for a Goal scorer. What will Broda cost? What will Bernhartd cost.

Broda - knows how to shoot and score. He has one of the best wristers in the league. Good size and strong. Is he willing to grind it out in the corners instead of always being in front of the net waiting for the pass? Will his pricetag be more than what the Blades are willing to pay?

Berny - Physcial and talented. Not the scorer Broda is but he could be the go to guy on a Blades squad. He would fit into the system perfectly with his grittyness. Will Berny be enough for the Blades? Will he continue to suceed for the rest of the season? And will his price be affordable to Lorne?

Time will tell.

sbtatter
01-03-2009, 09:16 AM
He was a liability in his last couple of seasons, way too many stupid penalties and useless fights, a bit of a wingnut who was in the league about 15 years past his time....

Swando
01-04-2009, 03:09 AM
He was hurried out of the Vancouver Giants org. in quick fashion after a trade so it makes one onder from this side!

armypower
01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
He was truly entertaining to watch but yes he took way
too many dumb penalties.....I hope someone picks him up
in the dub but probably will end up in Jr a somewhere