PDA

View Full Version : Game 43-Tigers 0 at Hitmen 6

Hitmen1
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
The Hitmen look to run their winning streak to 11 this afternoon vs the Tigers. Not sure if Kyle Bortis will play after what I heard could be a knee injury. It is the food bank drive at the Dome today. Take your food donation to the Dome, exchange your donation for a box of KD and use that box of KD as a noise maker and then drop it back off for the food bank on your way out. I believe it is an online only broadcast today.

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Hitmen1
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM
The Hitmen win their 11th straight today, 6-0 over the Tigers. Marty Jones with his 2nd shutout in a row and 5th of the season. Nice to see the Hitmen get scoring from the third liners today as Bortis missed game. Peter Kosterman, the 15 year old defenceman, also made his debute today after winning the Mac's tournament on New Years Day.

tigsfan0809
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Did the Tigers really play as bad as the score would indicate? I went to SC for Friday's game, and they looked like they were gonna do alright until our WJC guys returned, but I guess I was wrong. Also, how did our 15-year-old rookie Dylan Busenius do?

Hitmen1
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I watched it on and off today but from what I saw the Tigers were doing alright probably for the first 10 minutes or so of the first period but once the Hitmen turned it on it really was all Hitmen. I was surprised to see the back up get the start for you guys. And I hardly noticed your 15 year old out there.

hitmanfan
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Same here. I also wondered why Bunz got the nod but he didn't get much help from the D. Didn't notice your 15 either although our call up Kosterman seemed to do alright.

tigsfan0809
01-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Ok thanks guys. After seeing a score like 6-0 against the Tigers, I had to wonder what the heck happened. As far as Bunz starting, the interim coaches, imo, have made some very puzzling decisions, such as Bunz starting vs. the Hitties and Ams, and starting Holfeld vs. some of the weaker teams we've played. I'm sure with Willie coming back, as well as our missing WJC players, we'll finish alright. Not enough to catch you guys or the Giants, but I think we'll do alright. I know I'd be feeling uneasy if we had to face you guys any time during the playoffs!