PDA

View Full Version : OMG we lost a game

Priceisright
01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
LOL I was at the game last night. I thought it was a very good game. Great goaltending at both ends. That's the best I have ever seen Sexsmith play. Perhaps it's due to the fact he usually only faces 20shots or less on a lot of nights.

It was great to watch great goaltending.

What other teams have beaten us this year?? and second question is about Casey Piero Zabotel---what is his nationality?

Thanks

HAF
01-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Chiliwack and the Americans right? Don't fret, the rest of the league would kill for a record like that. Van is tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toswammi
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
What other teams have beaten us this year?? and second question is about Casey Piero Zabotel---what is his nationality?

Thanks

CPZ if from Kamloops. http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25070

dondo
01-06-2009, 04:16 PM
LOL I was at the game last night. I thought it was a very good game. Great goaltending at both ends. That's the best I have ever seen Sexsmith play. Perhaps it's due to the fact he usually only faces 20shots or less on a lot of nights.

It was great to watch great goaltending.

Thanks

That was our first regulation loss at home, Tri and Chilliwack have beat us in their barns and we have lost three shootouts to Raiders, Blazers and sadly the Tips.. now that was a crappy game -- let slip two two goal leads, and it was Matt Kirk wearing the stripes .. need I say more?

The fact those the only instances we have not had a win this season amazes me still. I would like our boys to suck it up a bit and stop making it so hard on themselves as they have since the Christmas break, though.

This road-trip coming up will be the real test. Giants play well on the road, Blum, Gallagher and Kane will be back in the line-up.

Priceisright
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I hope we can play .500 hockey. This is always a tough road trip but maybe they will be glad to be on the road considering they spent almost all of December at home. :thumb:

I wonder if any trades will be made? There seems to have been 2 or 3 trades already in the WHL.

dondo
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm expecting a lot better than .500 hockey, that would be a failure in my mind considering how well this team fits together as a unit and how well they have been playing. They should be shooting for all wins, but expect 4 or 5 out of 6 to be a decent roadie.

The Giants are an excellent road team and he though the pundits who make up the CHL top ten don't seem to think so, they are a top team in the entire CHL and second only to the Hitmen in the Dub. That's a game I want to see.

With all guns back we should be able to run the table if we keep our focus and work ethic intact.

Section_Z
01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
The Giants are an excellent road team and he though the pundits who make up the CHL top ten don't seem to think so, they are a top team in the entire CHL and second only to the Hitmen in the Dub. That's a game I want to see.

And so you can....
The battle of the top two in the Dub will be broadcast on SHAW, Jan. 16th, 6 PM PST.
Looking forward to it...
I wonder if they'll be broadcasting it at the PRESS BOX?

dondo
01-07-2009, 01:48 AM
sweet!

I am also looking forward to it.

A shame that the press box (the pub in the Holiday Inn right?) doesn't have better beer though.

have to stay home and watch it then yeehoo