PDA

View Full Version : Another reason..

frontrow fan
04-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I just listened to the Calgary/Brandon game on the net...via fan960.... I have one thing to say..............THANK YOU GOD ... for Cam Moon!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :clap:
If I would have had to listen to those guys on there for much longer I would have gone NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! You take your play by play guy for granted.... I never will again.... I hope that Cam stays with us as long as there's REBELS in Red Deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Furback
04-13-2005, 11:42 PM
I remember when moon started out back in the early 90's doing chl coverage for tsn he was the colour man back then. I have not heard that name for a while good to see he has steady work.

RunTheGoalie
04-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Keep in mind that Rob Kerr isnt the usual play-by-play man for Fan960. It is usually Mark Stiles who does the play-by-play, but he has been tasked with calling the games for Shaw TV.

That said, and fully admitting that Kerr has a lot of rough edges, he is freaking hilarious. He actually described a punch during a fight in game two as "a five knuckle sandwich right down his blowhole" Could you imagine someone like Peter Marher calling a fight like that? :D

Though Cam Moon is a good play-by-play man as well.

Chipper
04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Cam Moon is a great Play by play man and a very nice guy. I have talked to him a few times in Cranbrook when I was working with the Ice Security. I have always enjoyed his passion for the game. He can make an average save, or goal sound like a heart stoping game turning event, You are very luckey to have him he could move up the ranks to the big leagues and fit in nicely. Enjoy him while you still have him but I think he's to good not to want to move up eventualy.

frontrow fan
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I know ........ that's exactly what I'm afraid of...!!!
I hope Sutter pays him well..... cause we want him to stay right here!!! :groovy:

Rebels_chick
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
He actually described a punch during a fight in game two as "a five knuckle sandwich right down his blowhole"
Lol, that's good. :laugh:

Tinner
04-17-2005, 09:10 AM
i know it will never happen, but I wish ALL radio play by play guys would call the game as they see it, without all the obvious bias. i realize they work for the home team in most cases, but the game should be the same if you watch it or hear it. Lots of times you get the impression that there are 2 different games being played, the one you watch and the one your listening to and your at the same rink.

the worst announcers ever were Fred Kusik and Derek Sanderson for the Boston Bruins.

the best announcers are/were Sam Rosen and John Davidson of the NY Rangers.

Going back to my AJHL days following the old RD Rustlers I can't help but remember legendary play by play man Al "Hoss" Hammer, he was a classic.

charlie
04-17-2005, 10:53 AM
another twosome that rivalled the bruins for bad sportscasting were eddie westfall and jiggs mcdonald for the islanders. unbelievable how bad they were.

as an aside, from my time with the rangers i'll tell you that john davidson is as nice a guy as you will meet in sport or anywhere else. as good as he is professionally as a broadcaster he is way better as a person.

charlie

C.F
04-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Keep in mind that Rob Kerr isnt the usual play-by-play man for Fan960. It is usually Mark Stiles who does the play-by-play, but he has been tasked with calling the games for Shaw TV.

That said, and fully admitting that Kerr has a lot of rough edges, he is freaking hilarious. He actually described a punch during a fight in game two as "a five knuckle sandwich right down his blowhole" Could you imagine someone like Peter Marher calling a fight like that? :D

Though Cam Moon is a good play-by-play man as well.
I haven't heard the guy covering the playoffs on the Fan960, but I have heard the guy on Shaw, and I can't see him being much worse. His animated voice is so phony! Then agian, I shouldn't be the one to talk. We got Bill Wilms. :laugh: