PDA

View Full Version : Big News...Big Addition

Broncs in RD
01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Rockets may be getting forward Mikael Backlund 2007 Calgary Flames 1st round pick in their line-up just after the World Juniors.

CrazyGeorge
01-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Kelowna already had two europeans in their lineup...release one to make room for Backlund or trade one to open a spot? This week is when I'm watching whlfans and whl websites the most. Curious what the Broncos are going to be doing as well as other teams in the league.

Broncs in RD
01-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Broncos only have 1 Euro spot??? Plus they have Dudas to trade. Kinda looks like a Bronco/Rockets trade is going to happen.

Tiger Trauma
01-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Backlund will be joining Kelowna after the WJC. It's my understanding it's been agreed to and will happen, although my experience with international transfers is that it's not truly done until you see the player in the lineup...that said, Backlund is expected to finish this season the Dub.
Above was Posted by BobMckenzie on the HF boards!

There was also a post by a flames insider, saying sweden was against sending him to the whl.

http://communities.canada.com/calgaryherald/blogs/insideflames/archive/2009/01/03/not-so-fast-young-mikael.aspx

"That he would get fired by us, as some people have stated, is ludicrous," Rohlin said. "There's a lot of people who have a lot of thoughts what we should do with Mikael, Calgary have their thoughts. But as long as he has a (loan) contract with us, we call the shots.

-Thought you guys might like to read that