PDA

View Full Version : Three games to one

ScottyWazz
04-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Way to come back with a vengance for the Hitmen.

Talk about a tight game, Savage surely showed he wasn't going to have any crap in his game.

The crowd of 16,000+ was jumping and they got a good show from Tyrel Lucas and Shaun Landolt. Pogge had an alright game, though he commits to a shot much too early, which accounted for the two goals. Both Monych and LeBlanc waited for Pogge to commit and lifted it right over his shoulder.

Outside of that, I'm going to be amped to see Friday's game. Should be a tight checking, smart hockey game from both sides because the Hitmen want to end it, the Wheaties want to live to see Monday.

RunTheGoalie
04-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice to see. While Brandon is still trying to injure players, we are playing hockey.

The best part of this game was watching Eric Fehr run away from every hit he was in danger of taking. It's amazing how completely out of it's game Calgary has Brandon. Stone's only impact has been a hit from behind. Later has appeared in the penalty parade more than Ladd has. Konsorada has been innefective. Monych scored a nice goal, however.

Getzlaf made several great plays on the SHG, and Lucas was on fire tonight. Pushkarev needs to stop making the same move every time he has the puck. You arent going to fool the opposition the fifth time you try that fake.

The entire D-corps was awesome. Holding a so-called offensive juggernaut to 19 shots? Maybe 5 of which were of any real quality?

As it was, Brandon's 2nd goal was at least three feet offside, but Calgary's 4th goal was a two line pass. Well done Linesmen...

Steven Later was tonights Brandon cheapshot artist. Left his fee to deliver a check at the end of the first, and the deliberate elbow at the end of the game. I'm sure the Brandon fans (both of them) will be here to tell me why that was a legal hit. :rolleyes:

Furback
04-13-2005, 11:33 PM
like I said i picked calagry over Brandon, I remember when i first came into this forum i said fehr was soft and this forum didnt like it well i hope people who have watched him play Know now that i had a point and i was not just trolling like every body accuses me.

ScottyWazz
04-14-2005, 03:14 AM
I don't see anything on here saying Fehr was soft....and I don't know why Calgary fans would be offended by that, but okay.

BWK
04-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Steven Later was tonights Brandon cheapshot artist. Left his fee to deliver a check at the end of the first, and the deliberate elbow at the end of the game. I'm sure the Brandon fans (both of them) will be here to tell me why that was a legal hit. :rolleyes:

No, I'm not going to defend either of Later's penalties. He got his two and 10 and we move on to game 5.

Are you going to defend Pushkarev for doing the same thing in the second period? :)

RunTheGoalie
04-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Nope, becuase I can tell the difference between a legal and an illegal hit.

Also, it is listed wrong in the gamesheet. It was a major and game misconduct to Later at the end. I think the gamesheet got confused because Yeo got a minor for retaliating, and because of the time on the clock, the entire situation was reduced to the rarely seen three-minute major.

Chipper
04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Way to come back with a vengance for the Hitmen.

Talk about a tight game, Savage surely showed he wasn't going to have any crap in his game.

The crowd of 16,000+ was jumping and they got a good show from Tyrel Lucas and Shaun Landolt. Pogge had an alright game, though he commits to a shot much too early, which accounted for the two goals. Both Monych and LeBlanc waited for Pogge to commit and lifted it right over his shoulder.

Outside of that, I'm going to be amped to see Friday's game. Should be a tight checking, smart hockey game from both sides because the Hitmen want to end it, the Wheaties want to live to see Monday.
Wow if the Hitman continue with this kind of fan support you are going to have to expand the Sadledome. LOL keep it up the ICE will love to play in front of a full house when we meet for the WHL final.

ScottyWazz
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Wow if the Hitman continue with this kind of fan support you are going to have to expand the Sadledome. LOL keep it up the ICE will love to play in front of a full house when we meet for the WHL final.

If that happens-- I'm sure the Cranbrook fateful will be around to be in that Saddledome crowd-- for sure.