PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade Brody Sutter to Lethbridge..

Trav
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
for a 5th round pick, I believe in 2009. Good price for a 13th forward.

Big Torro
01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Basically works out Chorneyko (20 year old)for Sutter (17 year old)as a 5th round pick was given up by the Blades for Chorneyko

Trav
01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Chorneyko's been decent for the Blades.

wango tango
01-05-2009, 09:13 PM
i'm kinda surprised as sutter was one of the roster players i thought could be put together with another prospect and a pick in some kind of a package deal. this leaves saskatoon pretty short doesn't it? how are they going to cover the roster short fall? is something else in the works?

this has to be a week of real uncertainty for the players.

wango tango
01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
just read the story on the blades website...

------------------------------------------

“This is a situation where I wanted to make the best decision for Brody” commented Blades Head Coach and General Manager Lorne Molleken. “Being the 13th forward, I felt that he would not receive the playing time he needs to develop further as a player and in Lethbridge he will be given that opportunity."

------------------------------------------

does this mean the hurricanes are going younger to be more competitive for next season? would the blades have called about some of the hurricanes like wright, boychuk, and king?

ElliotFan6
01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Good deal.... I've noticed that Sutter is pretty brutal when it comes to actually playing hockey!

ProStaff
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Good deal.... I've noticed that Sutter is pretty brutal when it comes to actually playing hockey!

All Sutters are brutal at playing hockey! they all need their Daddy's and
Uncles to carry them! I am sure Brody was a nice kid but it is sure nice to get that Sutter name off our team!

loudi94
01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
All Sutters are brutal at playing hockey! they all need their Daddy's and
Uncles to carry them! I am sure Brody was a nice kid but it is sure nice to get that Sutter name off our team!
So you won't be happy next year then. We'll gladly take Lukas off your hands for a 7th rounder.

ElliotFan6
01-06-2009, 02:42 PM
So you won't be happy next year then. We'll gladly take Lukas off your hands for a 7th rounder.

I don't know if Lukas is supposed to be any good, but Brody is just awful, so I really hope Lukas is better.