PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Beach coming to Lethbridge

Random Comment
01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
As just announced on Hurricanes Website:
1st round pick Kyle Beach and D-man Mike Alexander acquired by Hurricanes
Lethbridge, AB – Lethbridge Hurricanes General Manager, Roy Stasiuk, announced this afternoon the Canes have traded forward Dan Iwanski and defenseman Alex Theriau; along with a 1st round draft pick in the 2009 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft to the Everett Silvertips in exchange for 89-born defenseman Mike Alexander and 2008 NHL first round draft pick Kyle Beach. This deal follows in the wake of another trade completed yesterday afternoon which saw 91-born forward Brody Sutter acquired from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a 5th round pick in the 2009 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Beach was drafted in the 1st round (10th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks this past summer. This season, Beach tallied 30 points (9G, 21A) in 30 games and has amassed 106 penalty minutes. Known as a skilled power forward Beach’s numbers speak for themselves. In 06-07, he was named the WHL Rookie of the Year; totaling 61 points (29G, 32A) in 65 games, while leading the Silvertips with 196 penalty minutes. He then continued his solid play last season with 60 points (27G, 33A) in 60 games and a team leading 222 penalty minutes.

“Obviously, Kyle [Beach] joining our program is going to add some more bite to our game.” said Stasiuk “He is a big power forward he goes to the net very hard and I think he might be good inspiration and a good role model for some of our younger players in terms of how hard you have to play, battle every night and really be a thorn under your opponents skin.”

Alexander is an 89-born defenseman whom Lethbridge expects to make an impact on their defensive corps. With the anticipated return of Max Ross from injury, this move gives the Canes a rock solid group of defenseman led by captain Ben Wright 2008 second round NHL draft pick Eric Mestery, 2009 NHL Draft prospect Brennan Yadlowski and over age Mitch Versteeg. At 5’10”, 206 pounds Alexander brings with him strength and experience with 135 WHL games under his belt. He has already set career highs this season with 12 points (3G, 9A) and 45 penalty minutes.

“We are really excited to have both Kyle and Mike [Alexander] join our program” said Stasiuk “They are coming from a strong program in Everett and if nothing else it sends a message to Zach Boychuk to Ben Wright and some of our other veterans; that we are quite serious about contending for a championship this season.”

Sutter is expected to arrive in time for practice tomorrow (Wednesday) while Beach and Alexander are expected to arrive in Lethbridge later this week as the team prepares for their Friday night matchup with the Prince Albert Raiders.

Bocephus
01-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I honestly don't want to cheer for a dickhead like Kyle Beach. Thankfully we gave up peanuts and disappointments for him.

loudi94
01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
As just announced on Hurricanes Website:
1st round pick Kyle Beach and D-man Mike Alexander acquired by Hurricanes
Lethbridge, AB – Lethbridge Hurricanes General Manager, Roy Stasiuk, announced this afternoon the Canes have traded forward Dan Iwanski and defenseman Alex Theriau; along with a 1st round draft pick in the 2009 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft to the Everett Silvertips in exchange for 89-born defenseman Mike Alexander and 2008 NHL first round draft pick Kyle Beach. This deal follows in the wake of another trade completed yesterday afternoon which saw 91-born forward Brody Sutter acquired from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a 5th round pick in the 2009 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Beach was drafted in the 1st round (10th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks this past summer. This season, Beach tallied 30 points (9G, 21A) in 30 games and has amassed 106 penalty minutes. Known as a skilled power forward Beach’s numbers speak for themselves. In 06-07, he was named the WHL Rookie of the Year; totaling 61 points (29G, 32A) in 65 games, while leading the Silvertips with 196 penalty minutes. He then continued his solid play last season with 60 points (27G, 33A) in 60 games and a team leading 222 penalty minutes.

“Obviously, Kyle joining our program is going to add some more bite to our game.” said Stasiuk “He is a big power forward he goes to the net very hard and I think he might be good inspiration and a good role model for some of our younger players in terms of how hard you have to play, battle every night and really be a thorn under your opponents skin.”

Alexander is an 89-born defenseman whom Lethbridge expects to make an impact on their defensive corps. With the anticipated return of Max Ross from injury, this move gives the Canes a rock solid group of defenseman led by captain Ben Wright 2008 second round NHL draft pick Eric Mestery, 2009 NHL Draft prospect Brennan Yadlowski and over age Mitch Versteeg. At 5’10”, 206 pounds Alexander brings with him strength and experience with 135 WHL games under his belt. He has already set career highs this season with 12 points (3G, 9A) and 45 penalty minutes.

“We are really excited to have both Kyle and Mike [Alexander] join our program” said Stasiuk “They are coming from a strong program in Everett and [B]if nothing else it sends a message to Zach Boychuk to Ben Wright and some of our other veterans; that we are quite serious about contending for a championship this season.”

Sutter is expected to arrive in time for practice tomorrow (Wednesday) while Beach and Alexander are expected to arrive in Lethbridge later this week as the team prepares for their Friday night matchup with the Prince Albert Raiders.

Woah, talk about deja vu.

Our trade thread specifically mentioned those two guys.

Caner
01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Rodeo was beginning to panic after 7 in a row.

SectionNDeserter
01-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Seems like a big move and a lot to give up (their 07 1st rounder, and the 1st round pick in this summer's draft) for a team that is just barely holding on to the last playoff spot in the east for dear life. A decent hot streak for Edmonton or Prince Albert, and Lethbridge misses the playoffs.

The only positive I can see here, is that I don't think there is any possible way that Beach could crack the Chicago lineup next season.

dondo
01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Beatch (yes that's how I always spell his name) is on the edge right now and I don't mean just his whiny, gutless ways either. One more concussion and this kid could be done. He's already lost a step in his game from last season, and his head injuries look to be his ultimate downfall -- this kid won't even get to Ave..r..(the turtle's) status .. and that's saying something.

Alexander is a solid 19 year old d-man, who could possibly stick around for his OA season.

Seems like a lot of top picks to give to me as well, not sure the 'canes have that much of chance to turn their season around right now though, but that's why we play the games.

I have to say I am over-joyed that Beatch didn't come to my team. I really don't like heckling my own players, although Watt did push me pretty close... vci34

Arthur Fonzerelli
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Trading Theriau, a 16 yr old, right in the middle of the school year, sends a bad message to parents about the Lethbridge organization.

O&C
01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Trading Theriau, a 16 yr old, right in the middle of the school year, sends a bad message to parents about the Lethbridge organization.

I have a feeling if parents were that worried about their kids education they wouldnt have raised them to play hockey from the age of three. You honestly think that parents will look down on an organization because there kid might one day have to change teachers half way through grade 11?! You think they dont have schools in the US or something? Give me a break....

Fight Guy
01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Hockey's a business...get over it.

dagley
01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Beach is garbage anyways.

O&C
01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Beach is garbage anyways.

As a fan of an eastern conference team, it wouldnt be fair for me to judge Beach. For all the "garbage" i have heard about him, the stats dont lie to much. Say all that you want (I wont until i have a better chance to watch him in the Bridge), but Kyle Beach has proven for the past 2 years that he is far from "garbage". That being said, I wont put up with any of his antics, so he is on a very short string in my books. Who's to say, a change of scenery might be good for him. Very interesting that Roy has gone the rout of "buyer". I guess i have seen this team blown up many a trade deadline and for once i dont mind us just going for it. There is no doubt that the talent is here. With all the players comming in and out all season long, I think the Canes just havnt developed an identity. There are still 30 games left Lethbridge! Dont give up yet!

Tipped Off
01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe this is a wake up call for Beach and he keeps his head on straight. If he does he is every bit as talented as a 1st round draft pick should be and you will be quite happy with him. The good news for you is he broke his nose in the last game he played for us and he should play within himself at least until the face shield comes off.

I'm not sure you're going to be too happy with Alexander. He is a veteran, but he is prone to making big mistakes at bad times. He's a tough kid though and plays hurt/blocks shots. I give him an A for effort, but a C for skillset.

shushu
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Maybe this is a wake up call for Beach and he keeps his head on straight. If he does he is every bit as talented as a 1st round draft pick should be and you will be quite happy with him. The good news for you is he broke his nose in the last game he played for us and he should play within himself at least until the face shield comes off.

I'm not sure you're going to be too happy with Alexander. He is a veteran, but he is prone to making big mistakes at bad times. He's a tough kid though and plays hurt/blocks shots. I give him an A for effort, but a C for skillset.
as for the rest of the comment why would you come on the canes site and tell us how much you cant stand a player if he;s got nothing to do with your team..... thank for all the mindless comment about a player that has nothing to do with you....how sad is that.............ps ..get a life...........

Tipped Off
01-06-2009, 07:18 PM
What are you talking about? I thought this was a forum for stating your opinions and I was just giving my take on what you are getting. If you don't like it or disagree, fine...but I'm not sure what your problem with people stating their opinions is.

HAF
01-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Cool it Shushu, Tipped Off said nothing out of line. He stated his opinion and nothing more. Telling him to get a life for giving a fair analysis of a player is unneeded. This is not a Canes site it is a WHL site open for discussion by all fans.

I've taken a more lacks approach in moderating lately. Lets keep it civil though.

Fight Guy
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
What are you talking about? I thought this was a forum for stating your opinions and I was just giving my take on what you are getting. If you don't like it or disagree, fine...but I'm not sure what your problem with people stating their opinions is.
I think shushu was referring to everyone else coming into this thread bashing Beach. And if it was directed at you, I don't know...lol.

as for the rest of the comment why would you come on the canes site and tell us how much you cant stand a player if he;s got nothing to do with your team..... thank for all the mindless comment about a player that has nothing to do with you....how sad is that.............ps ..get a life...........
This is a WHL message board, and this particular forum is a part of it, for anyone to post in. Well guess what. You say this doesn't affect anyone but 'Canes and 'Tips fans??? (the impression I have gotten anyway) Well you are completely wrong. This concerns anyone who's team will be playing the 'canes this season...which means the entire Eastern Conference. And this also concerns the Western Conference fans as they no longer have to deal with this head case named Beach. If you have a problem with me talking about him in a negative sense, too bad. I have heard and seen his antics. When he was in Regina he was a complete joke, which is also why I'm glad he got traded to the 'Canes. This means Teubert has at least two more opportunities to deal with Mr. Beach. I really hope he recovers from his current broken nose just in time for the next game against Regina in hopes Teubert will fix that freshly healed nose.

Though I will not disagree that he is a very skilled player. If he just stuck to that, he would be a force in this league. But because of his choices and antics, he has so far proven to be more of a farce.

All in all, if you have a problem with people criticizing your new player, you'd may as well just stop reading these boards as your probably going to have an aneurysm. Beach is now a Hurricane, and your team and fans have now been handed down the burden of dealing with fans disliking him. Everett dealt with it the last few years, and now you will have to.

SO GET OVER IT!!!

O&C
01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Tipped Off. Dont worry about it. Your opinion is appreciated. Why beat around the bush right. :thumb:

shushu
01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Cool it Shushu, Tipped Off said nothing out of line. He stated his opinion and nothing more. Telling him to get a life for giving a fair analysis of a player is unneeded. This is not a Canes site it is a WHL site open for discussion by all fans.

I've taken a more lacks approach in moderating lately. Lets keep it civil though.
i said clearly in my post that i appeciated tipp off comment i cant see how anyone else would see it differant.....................

shushu
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I think shushu was referring to everyone else coming into this thread bashing Beach. And if it was directed at you, I don't know...lol.

This is a WHL message board, and this particular forum is a part of it, for anyone to post in. Well guess what. You say this doesn't affect anyone but 'Canes and 'Tips fans??? (the impression I have gotten anyway) Well you are completely wrong. This concerns anyone who's team will be playing the 'canes this season...which means the entire Eastern Conference. And this also concerns the Western Conference fans as they no longer have to deal with this head case named Beach. If you have a problem with me talking about him in a negative sense, too bad. I have heard and seen his antics. When he was in Regina he was a complete joke, which is also why I'm glad he got traded to the 'Canes. This means Teubert has at least two more opportunities to deal with Mr. Beach. I really hope he recovers from his current broken nose just in time for the next game against Regina in hopes Teubert will fix that freshly healed nose.

Though I will not disagree that he is a very skilled player. If he just stuck to that, he would be a force in this league. But because of his choices and antics, he has so far proven to be more of a farce.

All in all, if you have a problem with people criticizing your new player, you'd may as well just stop reading these boards as your probably going to have an aneurysm. Beach is now a Hurricane, and your team and fans have now been handed down the burden of dealing with fans disliking him. Everett dealt with it the last few years, and now you will have to.

SO GET OVER IT!!!
teubert will be to busy running away from king as always..... :thumb:

WHEATMAN
01-06-2009, 09:37 PM
After making a deal like that, I think you guys will be getting a high draft pick this year ;)

localguy
01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
After making a deal like that, I think you guys will be getting a high draft pick this year ;)

Ya, right after Brandon picks. Last I checked, you guys aren't doing so well either. It looks to me like we really didn't give up much in this deal. Iwanski hasn't done much in this town since before the playoffs started last year, Theriau is not living up to the first round selection he was (he may get better), and the pick is not such a huge thing. We got 2 players that could potentially be back next year, and on that can put up numbers. He was playing on a poor Everett team, trying to do everything himself, something he won't need to do here. He knows he has been a head case, and is efforting to lose that image, a new locale is a good way to start.

On a side note, if Kelowna does ge their prized swede to play there, we should also take a kick at Novotny. We wouldn't get the Swede anyway, so try for the next best one.

WHEATMAN
01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Relax, I was just joking, I am pulling for the Canes and would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. And actually Brandon is doing alright, esspecially as of late, the Wheaties are arguably the hottest team in the league right now.

shushu
01-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Ya, right after Brandon picks. Last I checked, you guys aren't doing so well either. It looks to me like we really didn't give up much in this deal. Iwanski hasn't done much in this town since before the playoffs started last year, Theriau is not living up to the first round selection he was (he may get better), and the pick is not such a huge thing. We got 2 players that could potentially be back next year, and on that can put up numbers. He was playing on a poor Everett team, trying to do everything himself, something he won't need to do here. He knows he has been a head case, and is efforting to lose that image, a new locale is a good way to start.

On a side note, if Kelowna does ge their prized swede to play there, we should also take a kick at Novotny. We wouldn't get the Swede anyway, so try for the next best one.
wuchturl was a bit of a head case when he showed up form everett(go figure)and it took some time but he became a very valuable player from there on..this deal with depend on if both players return next year, if that happens roy did a VERY good job on this trade..... and as you say local guy in all reality we did not give up very much for a very talented psycho and a workhorse dman.................................GO CANES GO...................... :thumb:

sbtatter
01-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, it'll be interesting to see how this trade works out. If you get 'good" Kyle Beach, you get a strongpower forward for 1.5 years. If you get "bad" Kyle Beach, you get a disruptive individual, whining, concussion prone player. At least it shows you're trying to win it all this year, can't wait to see him back here in Bdn b/c we loved it earlier this season when #10 crunched him in the corner, offered him a dance, but beach just shied away to the bench! Be just my luck if beach scores a series winning goal against us now!!!!! I wonder if he'll play with King? That could be an ugly line to play against if they're both on their "nasty" game....
Thanks Lethbridge for making a big trade that's given us something to speculate about!!!!!!!

loudi94
01-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, it'll be interesting to see how this trade works out. If you get 'good" Kyle Beach, you get a strongpower forward for 1.5 years. If you get "bad" Kyle Beach, you get a disruptive individual, whining, concussion prone player. At least it shows you're trying to win it all this year, can't wait to see him back here in Bdn b/c we loved it earlier this season when #10 crunched him in the corner, offered him a dance, but beach just shied away to the bench! Be just my luck if beach scores a series winning goal against us now!!!!! I wonder if he'll play with King? That could be an ugly line to play against if they're both on their "nasty" game....
Thanks Lethbridge for making a big trade that's given us something to speculate about!!!!!!!
I hope they play on the same line. "bad" Kyle Beach will force King to get off his ass and start playing some mean hockey. Could be like getting another brand new player if King starts showing up. Friday and Saturday should be fun. That's the first time I've said that all season.

AMSRocker
01-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I got to say that I feel good and bad on this one. I'm glad that he is out of the U.S. Div!!! I feel bad for you Canes fans!!!

He has all the goods to be a GREAT player! I'll NEVER back down from that. It is all the other crap that he pulls and it is just non-stop! :dead:
Getting knocked down (diving) on a soft hit/check and then rolling around on the ice until he realizes that the refs are not biting then dragging one of his legs he slowly crawls 20 feet to the bench where the hand of God heals him and he is out there the next shift... It got to the point that I was feeling bad for the Tips fans. Every ref has hid number out west. One ref I herd yelling "GET UP BEACH!!!" when he was pulling one of his stunts. It will only be a matter of time until you guys are posting about this kind of stuff from him. I've seen players pull odd crap but nothing like him...
That is my $.02

aaAlta
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I think this could be very positive for Lethbridge. As it has to be a wake up call for Beach. If he uses it as a turning point, a fresh start, it could be good for all concerned. And I think Alexander improves your D depth a notch, Like a number four for you. And good for management to honor the opportunity you've had for the last couple years, try another shot. At least you're trying something different, when it hasnt been working.

But for the good possibilities I think Beach has to try to do it a little different. Play off his strength and skill. Keep the edge, in your face, thats necessary for him. But be cleaner, more respectful, more disciplined. I dont think he can keep the total agitator thing going anymore. You dont want to see him fighting alot to defend his old antics. And you dont need any disrespect distractions, on a team that has the parts to get it together.

Redwic
01-09-2009, 08:58 AM

This is where you are wrong, and/or misinformed. Because Theriau is a 16-year old high schoool student, he had to approve his side of the trade deal. He discussed the trade with his agent and family, and they felt going to Everett would be a good decision for his career. It is all explained in today's Everett Herald article, for which Theriau was interviewed for.

Redwic
01-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I think this could be very positive for Lethbridge. As it has to be a wake up call for Beach. If he uses it as a turning point, a fresh start, it could be good for all concerned. And I think Alexander improves your D depth a notch, Like a number four for you. And good for management to honor the opportunity you've had for the last couple years, try another shot. At least you're trying something different, when it hasnt been working.

But for the good possibilities I think Beach has to try to do it a little different. Play off his strength and skill. Keep the edge, in your face, thats necessary for him. But be cleaner, more respectful, more disciplined. I dont think he can keep the total agitator thing going anymore. You dont want to see him fighting alot to defend his old antics. And you dont need any disrespect distractions, on a team that has the parts to get it together.

He always seemed willing to learn from Constantine, but not from Becanic. My guess is a new team, coach, and direction will be good for him.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-09-2009, 01:47 PM
This is where you are wrong, and/or misinformed. Because Theriau is a 16-year old high schoool student, he had to approve his side of the trade deal. He discussed the trade with his agent and family, and they felt going to Everett would be a good decision for his career. It is all explained in today's Everett Herald article, for which Theriau was interviewed for.

I did not know that but it is good rule.
Everett Herald:

As a 16-year-old who's still in high school, Theriau had to approve the trade to Everett. After weighing his options he decided the best thing for his future was to join the Tips.

"I sat over dinner with my agent and talked it over with him and we decided it would be best to come to Everett," Theriau said.

"I'm very excited," Theriau added. "When I learned of the trade, Everett is obviously one of the best organizations in the league and I'm happy to be here."

Pete76
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
The good Kyle Beach is fun to watch ... I bet he tears it up on a new team!

canes77
01-10-2009, 12:04 AM
What did everyone think of Beach tonite?

I'll give a pro and con...he didnt seem to have much agression or a mean streak that I've seen and heard from him in the past, maybe one or two attempts at a hit all nite, didnt talk to any opposing player and quickly left every scrum!

However, offensively, he made some solid/crisp passes to his open linemates and always found a way to get open himself for a pass and find a scoring lane...he looked good on the PP and should flourish once Boychuk is back!

PS: Kind of ironic that some of us on here mentioned he should play with Dwight King (bodyguard perhaps?), and guess who Dyck put him out with...we must run the team folks! :)

loudi94
01-10-2009, 12:19 AM
...we must run the team folks! :)

Well we'd better start doing a better job, cuz I think our jobs are in jeopardy.

Tipped Off
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Keep in mind in the last game he played he had his nose broken. Then he gets traded. So the combination of probably being a little nervous to be in a scrum with the broken nose and playing for/wanting to impress a new team is probably what kept him skating away/not chirping.

In teh games he decides to play this way, he is great. I hope for his sake he decides to do this. He's a great player when he wants to be.

dondo
01-10-2009, 01:55 AM
^ he's a little nervous to be in a scrum any time Tipped Off... but the broken nose gives him an excuse. :p

shushu: Wookie isn't even close to the same headcase league as Kyle. Kyle's in a Dorsett league but worse and even that's not close. The thing is the kid is very, very talented, but his own stupidity gets in his way. He's also one of the most gutless, cheapshot players I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

I have to say my very favourite moment from last season was watching Kyle starting something and then get full-on cold-cocked by Bruton who had had enough of him. BAM! Makes me smile every time I think of it. There's a you-tube video if you'd like... :D

I actually loved having Wookie as a Giant, but that's after we got him from the 'canes so I'm not sure what kind of problem child you got from the Tips.

Kyle wasn't even invited to try out for the U-20 Canadian Team, that much talent and not even an invite.. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

If he ever gets his head together and stops the cheap stuff he'll be a force, but I see that happening oh about the time Satan starts skating to work.

The other major concern right now is his concussion history: think the Lindros boys.. Brett more than Eric.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
What did everyone think of Beach tonite?

I'll give a pro and con...he didnt seem to have much agression or a mean streak that I've seen and heard from him in the past, maybe one or two attempts at a hit all nite, didnt talk to any opposing player and quickly left every scrum!

However, offensively, he made some solid/crisp passes to his open linemates and always found a way to get open himself for a pass and find a scoring lane...he looked good on the PP and should flourish once Boychuk is back!

PS: Kind of ironic that some of us on here mentioned he should play with Dwight King (bodyguard perhaps?), and guess who Dyck put him out with...we must run the team folks! :)

I would say your first comment is a "pro" also. Maybe he is gonna stop all the B.S. after the play and such and concentrate on hockey..

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Keep in mind in the last game he played he had his nose broken. Then he gets traded. So the combination of probably being a little nervous to be in a scrum with the broken nose and playing for/wanting to impress a new team is probably what kept him skating away/not chirping.

In teh games he decides to play this way, he is great. I hope for his sake he decides to do this. He's a great player when he wants to be.

How did he break his nose?

Bocephus
01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
How did he break his nose?
I don't think he broke his nose. I think someone broke it for him. haha

Tipped Off
01-10-2009, 05:48 PM
He was sticking up for a team mate who he thought was hit dirty. Got in a fight and the dude busted his nose. It's the 2nd or 3rd time it's been busted as a Tip.

O&C
01-10-2009, 11:36 PM
He was a force against Vancouver tonight. To bad the Canes ended up losing in OT after Beach tied it up. Maybe more importantly, he didn't take any penalties. In two games he has taken just one penalty (lol, on his very first shift none the less).

Also, not to play homer, but the reffing in tonight's game was horrifying. The final count if i remember correctly had the Giants going 3-9 and the Canes 1-4. Juha was getting cheapshotted after most whistles ect...

PS.
Blum was the biggest tool all night. I cant even remember how many times he dived and pretended to get slashed. Is he like that all the time?

AMSRocker
01-13-2009, 12:13 PM
He was a force against Vancouver tonight. To bad the Canes ended up losing in OT after Beach tied it up. Maybe more importantly, he didn't take any penalties. In two games he has taken just one penalty (lol, on his very first shift none the less).

Also, not to play homer, but the reffing in tonight's game was horrifying. The final count if i remember correctly had the Giants going 3-9 and the Canes 1-4. Juha was getting cheapshotted after most whistles ect...

PS.
Blum was the biggest tool all night. I cant even remember how many times he dived and pretended to get slashed. Is he like that all the time?

Or it could be the broke beak :turkey: I just don't see him doing a 180 after all the crap that he has pulled. I had seen the fight live at Kent. Did not go well for him at all! :dead: On the plus side he was sticking up for a team mate and that alone is a 180. In the past he would make the other team mad as hell then just as it was going to hit the fan he would squirt out of the mess and let the others deal with the flying fists.

dondo
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
PS.

no that's very unlike him.. usually keeps his feet unless he's actually been dragged down. In fact that statement surprises me.

O&C
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
no that's very unlike him.. usually keeps his feet unless he's actually been dragged down. In fact that statement surprises me.

Fair enough. It was only one game I suppose. I wouldnt have said anything if i didnt notice it more than once tho. Could be that he knew the ref was giving the Giants the call's (9 pp's and all...). No worries. The Canes outplayed the Giants in the third but Vancouver still deserved the win.