PDA

View Full Version : Roman coming back to Spokane

LifelongChiefsFan
01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.kxly.com/Global/story.asp?S=9627201&nav=menu683_4_4

SPOKANE -- KXLY has learned that Spokane Chiefs forward Ondrej Roman will return to Spokane for the remainder of the season after staying in his home in the Czech Republic for the beginning of the year.

Roman was a draft choice of the Dallas Stars in 2007 and should help the Chiefs on offense.

Last year Roman had 15 goals, and 46 assists on the way to helping the Chiefs win the Memorial Cup. Roman returns to Spokane on the heals of the World Junior Championships where he played for the Czech Republic and scored 8 points.

Needless to say this will be a huge boost to the Chiefs offense. I would imagine that to start he will center Johnson and Koper although who knows what line combos Sauter will come up with or even how long they will last. Roman isn't going to fix all of the Chiefs' offensive problems, but this can only help. He was arguably Spokane's best forward in the playoffs last year. Welcome back Romey!

Chief Jeff
01-06-2009, 11:19 PM
I love the part of the quote that says he "could help the Chiefs on Offense"...Ya think? How many goals do they have in there last 10 games? 15? This is just what the doctor ordered. I hope the Chiefs still make a trade for a good RW.

Pete76
01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
be nice to see him back!