PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen make another deal

Hitmen1
01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Just reported on the Fan 960. The Hitmen have acquired both Broda and Karpov from the Warriors for Rowinski and draft picks, the picks maybe a 2nd and a 7th rounder. More details to come.

Hitmen1
01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Confirmation from the Hitmen now. I hate to give up Row but Broda is a very good scorer that the Hitmen will probably need in the playoffs.

Broda to the Hitmen (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001684)

Big Ern
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
This is an incredible deal for the Hitmen, adding the WHL's leading goal man, Joel Broda to an already extremely potent offensive line-up.

Look for them to go a long way this post-season.

I think the only question they have now lies in goal with Marty Jones, and a young inexperienced backup behind him. It is not a secret that the past few teams to win the WHL Championship or Memorial Cup have had lights-out goaltending and that in playoffs it's a necessity. Jones is still unproven in playoffs but could well be the answer and perform extremely well under playoff pressure. But that is yet to be determined.

Are the Hitmen about to shore up that position? Two days will tell.....

hitmanfan
01-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Think Jones can do it, unless he should get injured (god forbid), but it not Kisios' style to bet the farm.

patsdude114
01-09-2009, 05:11 AM
What a amazing deal for both Broda & the Hitmen.... adding the #1 goal scorer in all of the CHL is huge. The Hitmen were already swamped with talent and to add Broda makes them a serious contender.

But i do agree with the above, is Jones capable of carrying the load come playoff time.... If there is a injury is the backup capable of winning a series. It would not surprise me at all if Kisio goes and gets a capable backup just incase.

sbtatter
01-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Appears a cheap price that Calgary paid.....

hitmanfan
01-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Appears a cheap price that Calgary paid.....Kisio almost always seems to make it look that way. Last year we traded for this years #2 scoring d man in the league (Postma) and the #5 scoring forward (Bortis) for Dansereau and Brett Plouffe. Sad to lose Rowinski though.

armypower
01-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Great deal for the Hitmen,adding more scoring depth in Broda!
I think Jones will do a fine job carrying the load in the playoffs,
he know's he's the guy,it won't be like last year when him and
Spence were struggling a bit in the playoffs....and what are the
chances of him getting injured??? Doubt if Kisio will add another
goalie...

Hitmen1
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I know there have been some rumblings around that Kisio maybe looking Barrie from the Silvertips. I would not be surprised to see one more depth defenceman brought in as well.