PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Places to Stay in Spokane?

scrunt
01-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Dondo and I will be visiting Spokane on Feb 6 to see the Giants play the Chiefs.

We are looking for a mid-range hotel ($80 to $100 per room per night) that is relatively convenient for the arena and for good craft beer establishments.

Online reviews of the Ramada Limited and the Rodeway make them sound rather frightening and/or noisy. The DoubleTree sounds nice but is a bit pricy for our budget.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Oh, and are there likely to be any problems getting tickets on game day at the box office?

Thanks!

Scrunt

HAF
01-08-2009, 11:57 PM
The Holiday Inn "On the rock" on Division is where we usually stay. It's a couple hundred yards from the arena. They have a WHL rate and a really good continental breakfast. I'm not positive but I believe it's only about $79 a night plus tax.

HAF
01-08-2009, 11:59 PM
(509) 328-8505 - N 801 Division St, Spokane, WA 99202

Here is the link. They say $108 on here but the WHL rate is much lower.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=holiday+inn+spokane+&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Pete76
01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
The Holiday Inn "On the rock" on Division is where we usually stay. It's a couple hundred yards from the arena. They have a WHL rate and a really good continental breakfast. I'm not positive but I believe it's only about $79 a night plus tax.

Being local ... I agree with HAF ... if the weather is not miserable it is withing walking distance ... for a bit more $$ the Red Lion (River Inn is closer than Inn at the Park) ... but all three are close.

If you only want two tickets (or if you want 4 or 5), let me know where you want to be on the rink and I will trade in some of our unused season tickets (we have a never a wasted ticket policy) and put them at will call for you or send them in the mail to you... we usually end the season with 40 or so unused season tickets that go to waste as not everyone in my extended family of 10 makes it to every game. (I'd rather give them to you for FREE than have them go unused)

dondo
01-09-2009, 02:51 PM
any place we can meet up for a good lunch and some craft, pref brew pub, beer? (Looks like all the brew pubs are in the West Spokane area of town.. thoughts from the locals? ) It would interesting to meet some Spokane folks.

looks like the best deal/reviews we could get was at the HoJo on Division, a bit away from the downtown/arena area, but not too much.

Looking forward to seeing the Chiefs in their home arena .. ermm lose .. :thumb: :D .. should we be booking seats now or get some when we get there on the day?

Chief Jeff
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
You can get tickets at the window, especially if you don't mind sitting in the 200 level. No real bad seats in the place other than the last few rows. If you want to be in a center section (104 or 116) on the main level you may want to buy them now.

Pete76
01-09-2009, 03:38 PM
any place we can meet up for a good lunch and some craft, pref brew pub, beer? (Looks like all the brew pubs are in the West Spokane area of town.. thoughts from the locals? ) It would interesting to meet some Spokane folks.

looks like the best deal/reviews we could get was at the HoJo on Division, a bit away from the downtown/arena area, but not too much.

Looking forward to seeing the Chiefs in their home arena .. ermm lose .. :thumb: :D .. should we be booking seats now or get some when we get there on the day?

you should have no problem getting seats the day of ... but the offer stands, you want some free tickets shoot me a PM and I will pick them up and mail them off to you.

Here is a map of the seating chart
http://www.spokanearena.com/seating-end.php

We sit in 105 across the rink from the opposing bench ... the tips will be playing defense in front of us in 2nd period ... if you want to watch your team get scored on 103 and 117 are good, if you want to watch the MVP of Canada's gold medal in the 1st and 3rd, then 105 and 115 are good:)

chiefaholic
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM

It would be Very cool to meet you guys. The DFCP always meet up at the redlion bbq and pub at 126 N. division st. About 5:00 pm pt. before every game. Let me know if you guys would like to meet up. And I'll set it up. The bar is not really walking distance , but it's not far from any of the downtown hotels.one of us could always pick you guys up and give ya a ride if you'd like. They aren't really a micro brew type of place. But they do have a few micro brew choices. They have great food and good looking servers..lol

The folks that usually meet up there are Brawler , Cranky , Chiefs-cop , Speedkills ,Mannfan , 90-91 And myself among several others .

dondo
01-10-2009, 12:21 AM
you should have no problem getting seats the day of ... but the offer stands, you want some free tickets shoot me a PM and I will pick them up and mail them off to you.

Here is a map of the seating chart
http://www.spokanearena.com/seating-end.php

We sit in 105 across the rink from the opposing bench ... the tips (you mean the Giants) will be playing defense in front of us in 2nd period ... if you want to watch your team get scored on 103 and 117 are good, if you want to watch the MVP of Canada's gold medal in the 1st and 3rd, then 105 and 115 are good:)

Reminder to me: must read more carefully -- I'd love it if you could get us free tickets Pete76 -- why would I refuse that? We usually sit in the corner in the front row, but closer to the ice is better if we have an option. 105, 106, 107 would be best -- it looks like the end we attack twice (the end you guys defend in the first and third) if I understand, correctly.

Will Call would be fine. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks man

same goes for you if you come up here for a game.

and Chiefaholic the RedLion sounds like a good idea as well, me like bbq and beer.

ya gotta love WHL fans

scrunt
01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses and generous offers! I'm thinking it's gonna be a fun time. I'll leave it up to dondo to make the social arrangements, since I've been organizing the travel. Cheers everyone.

scrunt
01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
DFCP?

chiefaholic
01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
DFCP?
I'll P.M ya on that one...lol

dondo
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
both teams are on nice streaks right now 11-0 for the Chiefs if I'm not mistaken .. should be a great game regardless .. hopefully we'll get to meet more than a few of the regulars here - there tomorrow.