PDA

View Full Version : Penny Reassigned

Shinyshoes
01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Tyler Penny has been reassigned to the Weyburn Red Wings of the SJHL. As a 19 year old, he probably wasn't seeing the icetime he wanted, and chances were that he was not going to be in the mix to be an overager next year. As for the Rebels, this gives them a chance to give some of our younger guys (Redmond, Cowan, Kambeitz) so probably a good move for both parties.

PS, I wonder if the Rebels are making room for a Trade Deadline Deal? Deadline is tomorrow @ 3

SectionNDeserter
01-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Penny, like all of our '89s is particularly strong in one area (penalty killing), and average/weak in all others. I think with our penalty killing changing/improving a little, he became expendable. I have to say that I am a little surprised that it was Penny and not Esposito, given how awful Espo has been playing of late. Maybe Espo is moving somewhere? He can play when he wants to--he showed that at the end of last season and in training camp, he may just need a change of scenery.

I think that this move was made to either facilitate a trade deadline deal, or possibly to make room for Wray at center, as we will finally (hopefully?) have all of our defensemen back in the lineup all at the same time for the rest of the season.

Red celtic
01-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Personally not surprised to see Penny go even if we don't see any other movement by the Rebs. This move will give our younger players more ice time it also wouldn't surprise me to see Gross playing in the mjhl anytime soon as well. The Rebels should be anouncing these transactions on their site it still isn't up they are never forth coming with this type of news.

RebelFamily
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
What about Morin and Clark will there be any takers on them?