PDA

View Full Version : We have faith! Info on Fan bus to Cranbrook!

DoubleDee
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
ATTENTION ROCKETS FANS!

Join us on our Fan Bus to watch the Rockets play the Kootenay Ice on
April 22 & 23, 2005
Fun times, games, door prizes, videos, 50/50 draw – Don’t miss out!
Cost: $230.00/person based on double occupancy. This price is based on a minimum of 36 people. If we get more than 36 people we will adjust accordingly but we need 36 people to make this a go!!!
The cost includes transportation, accommodations, Friday night game ticket & Saturday night game ticket.

Departure Time & Location: April 22 @ 8:00am from the Orchard Park Mall
Parking: Corner of Dilworth Road and Springfield Road, beside RJ McMaster’s pub. Go in by the Sears Home store and take a right.
Destination: Cranbrook, BC – Drive time 8.5hrs
- We will make a quick stop along the way in Castlegar or Nelson
- Will be checking into the hotel at approx 5:30pm local time(MST) – name of hotel will be provided closer to departure
- Bus departs for the Cranbrook Recreation Complex center at 6:15 pm local time on both Friday & Saturday nights
- Bus departs for Hotel 15 minutes after final buzzer on both nights.
Return: Leaving Cranbrook on April 24 @ 8:00am local time. Arrive back in Kelowna at approx 3:30pm
- All transportation outside of the details listed above is done so at your own expense.
- This is a longer trip so feel free to bring snacks, munchies, a pillow or blanket.
- Larger bags are allowed, but they will have to be kept underneath.
- Glass bottles are not permitted. Cans or plastic containers are preferred.
- Casual drinking is allowed, no large coolers will be permitted. Act responsibly and use in moderation. We will not tolerate rude drunkenness and bad behavior. If this occurs you may be asked to leave bus and find you own transportation home. Remember, you are representing Kelowna and the Rockets!
Registration: We require all people to sign up and pay in full at registration. No exceptions! Sign up deadline is 9pm April 18, 2005. If bus is cancelled due to lack of people or Rockets being eliminated you will be refunded! If WHL announces different playoff dates then what is listed above, we will adjust accordingly and see if all registered fans are still interested.
**Please register with Deanne (DoubleDee) @ 317-8400 (deannend@hotmail.com) **

Thunderbird107
04-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Well now you've gone and just jinxed the whole thing, haven't you? I would expect a multitude of tomatoes coming at you if they lose tonight. :)

DoubleDee
04-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Only someone who didn't have faith would think that I jinxed it.

Trust me - its better then dealing with the whining that comes with me not giving people enough notice.

If people get offended about the planning ahead then so be it. They can look at running busses in the future! :thumb:

Thunderbird107
04-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Only someone who didn't have faith would think that I jinxed it.

Trust me - its better then dealing with the whining that comes with me not giving people enough notice.

If people get offended about the planning ahead then so be it. They can look at running busses in the future! :thumb:

Yes, I have 0 faith in your team tonight and, well, the rest of the series. :D

Jovorock
04-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Well now you've gone and just jinxed the whole thing, haven't you? I would expect a multitude of tomatoes coming at you if they lose tonight. :)
No she does have cancellation insurance. Claude Rusk has already book a room in Cranbrook for those two nights, he said it on the white board. So now its even both teams are junxed.

Thunderbird107
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
No she does have cancellation insurance. Claude Rusk has already book a room in Cranbrook for those two nights, he said it on the white board. So now its even both teams are junxed.

Claude has been dealt with.

Jovorock
04-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Claude has been dealt with.
Be nice to Claude, he gives the best unbiased game recaps that I have seen.

Thunderbird107
04-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Be nice to Claude, he gives the best unbiased game recaps that I have seen.

Completely agree but he should have known better than to publicize his lodging plans so early in the series. :)

Chipper
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
ATTENTION ROCKETS FANS!

Join us on our Fan Bus to watch the Rockets play the Kootenay Ice on
April 22 & 23, 2005
Fun times, games, door prizes, videos, 50/50 draw – Don’t miss out!
Cost: $230.00/person based on double occupancy. This price is based on a minimum of 36 people. If we get more than 36 people we will adjust accordingly but we need 36 people to make this a go!!!
The cost includes transportation, accommodations, Friday night game ticket & Saturday night game ticket.

Departure Time & Location: April 22 @ 8:00am from the Orchard Park Mall
Parking: Corner of Dilworth Road and Springfield Road, beside RJ McMaster’s pub. Go in by the Sears Home store and take a right.
Destination: Cranbrook, BC – Drive time 8.5hrs
- We will make a quick stop along the way in Castlegar or Nelson
- Will be checking into the hotel at approx 5:30pm local time(MST) – name of hotel will be provided closer to departure
- Bus departs for the Cranbrook Recreation Complex center at 6:15 pm local time on both Friday & Saturday nights
- Bus departs for Hotel 15 minutes after final buzzer on both nights.
Return: Leaving Cranbrook on April 24 @ 8:00am local time. Arrive back in Kelowna at approx 3:30pm
- All transportation outside of the details listed above is done so at your own expense.
- This is a longer trip so feel free to bring snacks, munchies, a pillow or blanket.
- Larger bags are allowed, but they will have to be kept underneath.
- Glass bottles are not permitted. Cans or plastic containers are preferred.
- Casual drinking is allowed, no large coolers will be permitted. Act responsibly and use in moderation. We will not tolerate rude drunkenness and bad behavior. If this occurs you may be asked to leave bus and find you own transportation home. Remember, you are representing Kelowna and the Rockets!
Registration: We require all people to sign up and pay in full at registration. No exceptions! Sign up deadline is 9pm April 18, 2005. If bus is cancelled due to lack of people or Rockets being eliminated you will be refunded! If WHL announces different playoff dates then what is listed above, we will adjust accordingly and see if all registered fans are still interested.
**Please register with Deanne (DoubleDee) @ 317-8400 (deannend@hotmail.com) **
Please let us ICE fans know what Hotel you are staying in so that we can "fix" your room up. We would hate to see anyone not get a good night sleep. lol :evil:

Jovorock
04-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Please let us ICE fans know what Hotel you are staying in so that we can "fix" your room up. We would hate to see anyone not get a good night sleep. lol :evil:
That is so nice of you Chipper to be so concerned that Rocket fans are well taken care of. Watch out for DD, Cranbrook won't be the same. :p

I am sure you would do the same if it is the T-bird fans?

Chipper
04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
That is so nice of you Chipper to be so concerned that Rocket fans are well taken care of. Watch out for DD, Cranbrook won't be the same. :p

I am sure you would do the same if it is the T-bird fans?
Absolutly we would love to ''TAKE CARE" of any oposition fans :laugh:

mccabe23
04-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Make sure when the Ice stay in Kelowna for games 3 and 4, that they are aware of the fire exits in the hotel. I suppose they could ask some Gatineau players. :laugh:

DoubleDee
04-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Well, taking care of me means your buying the beer! :clap:

I think it would be fun if we all meet up somewhere for some bevies, good hockey talk and friendship. We can agree to disagree about who will win or lose but have fun with it!

Chipper
04-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Well, taking care of me means your buying the beer! :clap:

I think it would be fun if we all meet up somewhere for some bevies, good hockey talk and friendship. We can agree to disagree about who will win or lose but have fun with it!
It sounds like the one thing we all have in comon and don't disagree with is BEER! lol

jockdirty
04-14-2005, 02:40 PM
And who knows............. you may get shove your tongue down her throat!! :thumb:
The thunder comes down tonight!

DoubleDee
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
And who knows............. you may get shove your tongue down her throat!! :thumb:
The thunder comes down tonight!

Doubt it! My past post might have come across like I was easy but that is far from the case. :eek: And I should have realized that I was opening myself up to a smart ass remark like that from someone who doesn’t know me.

The guy who did this at the Coral was someone I played volleyball against all winter. He just didn't get any further then that because I am not easy and he doesn't know hockey - lol ;)

jockdirty
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
WHL or tonsil?
Go Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chipper
04-14-2005, 04:34 PM
WHL or tonsil?
Go Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have two posts on this board. If you want to have more be carefull not to personaly atack other posters especialy if you don't know them, you took a fun post and made it into two personal atacks. Its also obvious that you don't know Double dee by the response she gave back.

kelownakarl
04-14-2005, 04:42 PM
No doubt, it has been dealt with so lets be civil and move on eh folks.

DD, great idea with the bus, I am hoping to be able to sneak away that weekend and take part in the festivities, will find out soon.

Spungy
04-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I sure hope you can get lots of people signed up! would be nice to see some fans here if it is you that is coming here in the next round :D