PDA

View Full Version : Lineup

Chief Jeff
01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok so Roman and Calla are here and FINALLY the Chiefs have a complete compliment of forwards. So what are the lines going to be? My thoughts:

Bowman-Roman-Wahl
Koper-Johnson-Mccrae
Conrad-Kuhn-Calla
Donaghy-Gal-Letts

this puts last year's Koper-Johnson-Mccrae line back together and makes the first line scary as hell. You could also move Calla up to play with Wahl and Bowman and have Roman center the third line which would hopefully help get some secondary scoring. Either way we should be seeing more offense which is desperately needed to say the least.

Pete76
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I like the 2nd line a lot, but the first has been hit and miss w/o Bruton ... I wouldn't mind watching a game or two with Calla paired with Wahl and Bowman as it would be nice to have a larger forward on that line ... then again, I don't see Roman on the 3rd line ???? Guess we wait until Saturday if everyone is back.

Bowman-Wahl-Calla
Koper-Johnson-Mccrae
Conrad-Kuhn-Roman
Donaghy-Gal-Letts

Pete76
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
So,

Roman - Bowman - Calla
Johnson - Koper - Wahl
Mcrae ??
4??

CHRISTIAN CAGE
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
1st line Roman-Bowman & Calla
2nd line Wahl-Johnson & Koper
3rd line McCrae-Letts & Donaghy
4th line Gal-Kuhn & Miller/Conrad

Hopefully Harty comes up with a lineup that he likes & sticks to it

GO CHIEFS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

LifelongChiefsFan
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Barring Injuries I think it's pretty obvious that 9 of the forward spots are set and will play most every night (Bowman, Wahl, Koper, Johnson, Letts, Donaghy, Roman, Calla and McCrae). What will be most interesting to watch, in my opinion, will be who Hardy favors for the fourth line and how often will he dress 7 defensemen. With Cratsenberg, Kuhn, Conrad, Miller, Kichton and Baldwin all in the fold, there won't be much ice time to go around. I have a feeling that we might see some improvement from the fourth line, as these last 30 games will be huge for determining who plays and who sits come playoff time.

HomerSimpson
01-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Bowman/Roman/McCrae
Koper/Wahl/Johnson
Donaghy/Kuhn/Calla
Conrad/Miller/Letts

Cycle in Gal, Cratsenberg and the others in depth roles.

Those would be my ideal lines. We would have two scoring lines with Roman and Wahl dishing the puck to guys who can finish, and I think Calla would be best suited in a third line role as a depth scorer and grinder, much the same way Donaghy and Kuhn have been used. I think that would give us a reliable enough third line, at least. And Kenton Miller has proven that he's good enough to play in this league - if he puts on 15 pounds he could be a very nice addition to our team for the coming years.