PDA

View Full Version : Dyck for Dyck

grainbear
01-10-2009, 12:06 AM
I have been very slow to express my opinion but enough is enough. It is very obvious to me and to all the other fans in the rink that this team is not and will not put out for our present coach. In spite of the changes made we do not have the mental tenacity to win the one on one battles in both our offensive and defensive zone. This comes down to simple being outcoached by the opposition. Since November we can not score on a consistent basis on the power play why because we spend the whole penalty attempting to cycle the puck looking for the far side shot into an open net. When you use your dmen only as passers it allows the opposition to ignore that offense that we can generate with a point shot. Secondly , this team struggles with traps . Yes you could say that the new guys haven,t learned our systems but when our systems are so well known it is time to shake it up and I don,t mean the lines but the coaching . Ultimately he must take the blame, and correct it or move him on . Too bad we did extend his contract because so far it is not deserved , Where is the dman quarterback we so desperately need?

captain blog
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
When will the Canes make a coaching change? It has become painfully obvious that the Canes can't win with Dyck. Man, Dyck has more lives than a cat. He should have been gone a long time a go. go canes go clrkth

loudi94
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Roy was peeeohhhed when I saw him after the game. how do you only get 1 shot on a pp in the last minute of a game with your goalie pulled. Who do you get? Does Coach K take over? Heaven forbid Roy steps in.

funny some of us were commenting on how Beach was shooting on the PP. we remembered May did that when he first came over last year. give it one or 2 games and they'll buy into the "don't shoot, it might go in" philosophy.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I have been very slow to express my opinion but enough is enough. It is very obvious to me and to all the other fans in the rink that this team is not and will not put out for our present coach. In spite of the changes made we do not have the mental tenacity to win the one on one battles in both our offensive and defensive zone. This comes down to simple being outcoached by the opposition. Since November we can not score on a consistent basis on the power play why because we spend the whole penalty attempting to cycle the puck looking for the far side shot into an open net. When you use your dmen only as passers it allows the opposition to ignore that offense that we can generate with a point shot. Secondly , this team struggles with traps . Yes you could say that the new guys haven,t learned our systems but when our systems are so well known it is time to shake it up and I don,t mean the lines but the coaching . Ultimately he must take the blame, and correct it or move him on . Too bad we did extend his contract because so far it is not deserved , Where is the dman quarterback we so desperately need?

Ben Wright is a great WHL defensive Dman but if he is our best PP quarterback we are toast. His decision making and puck moving skills are way too slow to be the PP QB. Plus he can't one time it worth sh@t. Roy gave up two high first round draft picks for a highly questionable power forward and another defensive Dman when what we needed desperatly is PP QB with high end offensive skills. Roy keeps trading the potential PP QB types for forwards. Theriau and Craig come to mind.

As far as the coach, something is up. Has he lost the room? The Canes should have come out absolutely on fire last night but were terribly outworked. Have the players quit on the coach? If so, we are in for another few years of a mess as this year could go down as the most dissapointing year in the Canes history. The next few years we will not have high end young talent so it will be back to the old Canes losing hockey.

The next few weeks are crucial for the the success of this franchise for years to come.

p.s. Unless you are a Vancouver Giants fan tonights game is gonna be ugly. We are gonna get our ass@s handed to us big time.

p.s.s. Where is the backup goalie we so desparatly need. If Juha goes down you can have 20 Kyle Beaches and it won't matter.

loudi94
01-10-2009, 12:11 PM
[/B]

Ben Wright is a great WHL defensive Dman but if he is our best PP quarterback we are toast. His decision making and puck moving skills are way too slow to be the PP QB. Plus he can't one time it worth sh@t. Roy gave up two high first round draft picks for a highly questionable power forward and another defensive Dman when what we needed desperatly is PP QB with high end offensive skills. Roy keeps trading the potential PP QB types for forwards. Theriau and Craig come to mind.

I still think Sbisa coming back hasn't been ruled out completely. That would make an instant difference.

Bocephus
01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
[/B]

As far as the coach, something is up. Has he lost the room? The Canes should have come out absolutely on fire last night but were terribly outworked. Have the players quit on the coach? If so, we are in for another few years of a mess as this year could go down as the most dissapointing year in the Canes history. The next few years we will not have high end young talent so it will be back to the old Canes losing hockey.

The next few weeks are crucial for the the success of this franchise for years to come.

p.s. Unless you are a Vancouver Giants fan tonights game is gonna be ugly. We are gonna get our ass@s handed to us big time.

p.s.s. Where is the backup goalie we so desparatly need. If Juha goes down you can have 20 Kyle Beaches and it won't matter.
I agree 110% with everything in this post!
Especially the assesment of Wright.