PDA

View Full Version : The Canadians are coming!!!

mccabe23
04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
TEAM CANADA TO PLAY IN KAMLOOPS AND KELOWNA
- Exhibition Games added to ticket packages -

VANCOUVER, BC - The 2006 IIHF World Junior Championship Organizing Committee and Hockey Canada today announced that Team Canada will play one pre-tournament game in each Kelowna and Kamloops as part of the lead-up to the tournament.

"These two partner communities have played significant roles in securing the tournament and these extra games. Their efforts are being rewarded and they continue to work exceptionally hard to ensure the event will be a spectacular success," said tournament General Manager, Stuart Ballantyne.

Tickets for the Team Canada pre-tournament games will now be added to the tournament ticket packages currently available in both cities. The additional game will boost the package price an additional $20 making the new ticket package price $145 plus applicable ticketing fees. Current World Junior ticket subscribers in Kelowna and Kamloops will be offered their current World Junior seats for the Team Canada game for an additional $20. All fans wishing to attend the Team Canada game must be a World Junior ticket subscriber to qualify for this offer and only ticket packages are for sale at this time.

"We're thrilled to host Team Canada for this game and are confident our communities will give them a welcome they won't soon forget," said Bud Smith, Co-Chair of the Kamloops Organizing Committee.

"For hockey fans in Kelowna, this represents recognition of our hockey heritage and the interest this community has in Canada's Team," said Bruce Hamilton, Co-Chair of the Kelowna Organizing Committee.

The opponents for Team Canada for these two games will come from within the World Junior seating for the Kelowna/Kamloops Division. The announcement of competitors will be made once the full pre-tournament schedule is completed and approved by the IIHF and Hockey Canada. Game dates will also be announced at a later date, but will be played between December 19 and December 24, 2005.

For ticket package information, please contact:

Kamloops - Sport Mart Place Ticketmaster Box Office @ 250-828-3339
Kelowna - Select Your Tickets Box Office @ 250-762-5050
Or order on-line at www.hockeycanada.ca
The 2006 IIHF World Junior Championship in Kamloops, Kelowna and Vancouver (Dec. 26, 2005 to Jan. 5, 2006) will mark the seventh time that this international event has been staged in Canada and the first time it will be held in British Columbia. Other years in which Canada hosted this Championship were in 2003 (Halifax, NS), 1999 (Winnipeg, MB), 1995 (Red Deer, AB), 1991 (Saskatoon, SK), 1986 (Hamilton, ON), and 1978 (Montreal, QC). Grand Forks, North Dakota hosted the event in 2005.

Jovorock
04-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Thats great I was hoping to get at least a exhibition game in Kelowna, already got my seat.

Sput
04-15-2005, 11:00 AM
OK....this just pisses me off. It just goes to show that whoever has event recruitment on their job description at the City of PG and Multiplex/CN Center is NOT doing thier job. From what I understand the Brad May game that was here happend only becasue the guy doing the organizing contacted the Cougars about doing the game here. We can't seem to get a decent, current concert up here, and other on ice events are a joke. Damn I wish we had your events people up here. :burningma :burningma :burningma