PDA

View Full Version : Martin, Guggenberger, and Magnus Out....

Big Ern
01-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Just thought I would post a few thoughts on the players we gave up today...

All three are great kids and will be missed.

Mark Guggenberger turned into a reliable goalie almost immediately upon his arrival in Swift Current. Guggs impressed us with some very stellar goaltending performances including a considerable number of shutouts. There is no doubt he will be missed, and so will his hilarious on-ice antics that we have come accustomed to.

I am not very famaliar with Christian Magnus, but will miss the visits with his dad who attends countless road games and always had the big video camera ready. Christian promises to be a strong forward in this league someday.

I am very famaliar with James Martin. Marty always has time to stop and chat for a bit and is a great young man. He didn't get the ice time he needs to develop here in Swift Current, and was forced to occupy a rotating role due to the numbers situation. When you look at the high demand for defensemen in the league right now, Swifty really isn't the right fit for him at this point, as our team is already stellar in that position. Martin is a tall defenseman who skates pretty well and with a little beefing up and some ice time will be a force on the back end for years to come.

Good luck to Guggs, Marty, and Magnus.

And I can't wait to watch the latter two play in Cranny next Saturday night!

Broncs in RD
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I like the players coming in, but wow giving up Magnus and Martin for those two, I thought we could have gotten more.

Toswammi
01-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I like the players coming in, but wow giving up Magnus and Martin for those two, I thought we could have gotten more.

I am down on losing Martin, but really indifferent about Magnus leaving. We have some good 17 yr old forwards here now, and some 16 yr olds i like more. Sorry i just don't see anything superstar about him, kinda reminds me of a less talented Wudrick (but that is tough to gage with the ice time he got).

In the crowd
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
And I can't wait to watch the latter two play in Cranny next Saturday night!

I can't wait as well, expectations are going to be high (within a couple years) after losing Negrin

fightstrap50
01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
I can't wait as well, expectations are going to be high (within a couple years) after losing Negrin
second that!