PDA

View Full Version : Did we do anything?

dagley
01-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I know all the deals haven't been announced, any rumblings? I think it would be a mistake if we didn't do a deal or two.

Broncs in RD
01-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Brandon stands pat that is strange to me.

Brandonite
01-10-2009, 11:28 PM
IMO its a big surprise and its NOT a surprise to me that McCrimmon didnt pull a trade. Every year we get all excited and talk a bit but rarely does he make a deal (yet when he does, he more often then not pulls out big ones) but Im not overly shocked he didnt make a move although i strongly think he should have made something!! Guys like Jefferies, Cowan, King have little to zero value right now and it will be even worse next season! Jefferies will be in Dauphin for sure. We needed a D-Man BADLY!! Keith Aulie is good yes, but he is not the answer and he can not do it alone! We really noticed it tonight especially when Erb left just how weak our d-men really are with Robak already out. The Wheat Kings will be an early exit I say 2nd round, MAYBE 3rd

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-11-2009, 01:30 AM
What happened to Robak and whats the status on Erb?

Brandonite
01-11-2009, 11:38 AM
What happened to Robak and whats the status on Erb?

Robak came to the rink and tried the pre-game jog with the team and stuff but was unable to play due to the flu and he ended up just going home and not even staying to watch so he musta been pretty sick! And Erb left because of some apparent rib problems he was having but apparently the flu has been going through him as well so thats mostly what that was as well. By the sounds of things, the flu is going around that room pretty bad right now. But the wheat kings can not afford to lose Robak and/or Erb for a long time considering our defence is horrible already!

Section Eight
01-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I know all the deals haven't been announced, any rumblings? I think it would be a mistake if we didn't do a deal or two.

Look, it's hard to argue with KM, because overall the BWK's are a very successful franchise, but if there's two worse players in the WHL than Sanford King (can't skate, doesn't hit, won't fight (I don't know if he can shoot or not because he hasn't had a shot on goal in 3 months)) and Cale Jefferies (skates like hell but goes nowhere, tries to occasionally hit and fight but ..., and couldn't make an offensive play if the other team was in a time out) I'd like to see them.

Much talk about them playing for the Dauphin Kings next season; I'm betting neither could make that team!

Brandonite
01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Look, it's hard to argue with KM, because overall the BWK's are a very successful franchise, but if there's two worse players in the WHL than Sanford King (can't skate, doesn't hit, won't fight (I don't know if he can shoot or not because he hasn't had a shot on goal in 3 months)) and Cale Jefferies (skates like hell but goes nowhere, tries to occasionally hit and fight but ..., and couldn't make an offensive play if the other team was in a time out) I'd like to see them.

Much talk about them playing for the Dauphin Kings next season; I'm betting neither could make that team!

If the MJHL wasn't sucha complete joke than yeah I would agree with you on that 100% on King not even making the Dauphin Kings roster! I also agree that we would be hard pressed to find a worse player in the WHL than Sanfred King (yet I still say Nick Dietrich from Portland is close). Jefferies does skate like crazy but goes little to no where. He will be 20 years old next year and for a 19 year old right now, I'd sooner him sit in the stands and let a guy like Ciarelli or Hale play more on that 4th line. But could someone please explain to me what McCrimmon sees in King??? If every single fan says the same thing about the guy, then what does he see in him?! Is it the fact he was a 1st rounder and McCrimmon is just "hoping" he can pan out or is it the fact he is a Brandon kid?! Either way both are likely wrong but why the hell hang on to someone like that?!