PDA

View Full Version : Alexander goes Back to Tips

Tipped Off
01-10-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.everettsilvertips.com/news/story.cfm?ID=1362

Silvertips Make Roster Moves
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips Vice President / General Manager Doug Soetaert announced that the Silvertips have made several roster adjustments Saturday afternoon.

Defenseman Mike Alexander will be returning to the Silvertips from the Lethbridge Hurricanes in exchange for a 5th round draft pick. With this move, the trade between the Silvertips and Hurricanes is now finalized as Kyle Beach and a 5th round pick were exchanged for defenseman and former first round draft pick Alex Theriau, forward Dan Iwanski and a 1st round draft pick in 2009.

Shayne Brown suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from a hip injury Friday afternoon and will be undergoing season-ending surgery. Brown, a 19 year old defenseman who was acquired at the start of the season from the Medicine Hat Tigers, recorded 1 goal and 5 points in 11 games this season.

Jordan Mistelbacher has been reassigned to the Winnipeg Saints of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League. Mistelbacher, an 18 year old forward out of Winnipeg, had 4 goals and 6 points in 26 games for the Silvertips this season.

Shayne Barrie has been reassigned to the Estevan Bruins of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League. Barrie, a 19 year old goaltender out of Regina, SK, was 10-10-3-0 with a 3.08 GAA and a .905 save percentage for Everett this season.

loudi94
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow!! I thought it was a bad deal before. That's it for me. If this team misses the playoffs, I'm done. I can't take this garbage anymore.

Can anyone give me a list of prospects in our system that promises a bright future? I count Reners- who else??

canes77
01-10-2009, 06:34 PM
One less D-man on the roster now...is Sbisa coming back?

hockey4
01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
its possible, however you would think Philly would have informed lethbridge before the deadline, and the deal never would have panned out the way it did. perhaps alexander wouldnt report (or did he already play)

loudi94
01-10-2009, 06:51 PM
perhaps alexander wouldnt report (or did he already play)
That's what I figure. If that was the case- then let him rot. A 5th rounder while some would argue is better than nothing- in this case I disagree.

moon
01-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Depending on how Lethbridge finishes the deal still looks good in my books, but that mainly is because Theriao (although young) didn't just look bad he looked awful this year. Clearly behind other young guys we had on the defense this season.

I don't understand how Alexander ends up equalling a 5th rounder, that does seem like a really bad deal for the Hurricanes.

Beach looked good last night and if he doesn't get frustrated with the play constantly ending because of King I think it could end up as a good deal for the Canes.

One thing I wonder about is perhaps the concussion for Alexander is worse than thought and the Canes had some concerns about his health once he arrived in town.

Bocephus
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Sbisa is playing on CBC right now.
MY GOD!
This franchise is really going for it this year. The message has been sent. Can't wait to see what number that 5th rounder wears as we march towards this seasons championship. vc124

shushu
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
this is the craziest thing i have ever seen..i wonder if little roy knows he is on the way out and it time to take this team down the drain.....that is all i can think of for this reasoning..............holy man .................he's lost it..........

Bocephus
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
No kidding. Just when you think that you can't imagine something more HEAD SCRATCHINGworthy more news comes across my screen and I laugh more hysterically.

loudi94
01-10-2009, 11:52 PM
The scoop as I heard it was that Alexander was in brutal physical shape and in no way ready to be a regular in the line-up. Apparently Beach is in crappy shape too. Can't wait to see what he does when he is in shape

Don't we have scouts? If we do, can we get new ones?

shushu
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
The scoop as I heard it was that Alexander was in brutal physical shape and in no way ready to be a regular in the line-up. Apparently Beach is in crappy shape too. Can't wait to see what he does when he is in shape

Don't we have scouts? If we do, can we get new ones?
im sure they have great resume's and a ton of nhl experiance....while we are giving them a job here in town they may as well buy the team..... ;) it cant get any worse than what we have now.......2 first rounder plus iwanki for beach and a 5th round pick.....wow............bend over canes fans and take it like a man..............great job roy way to stand up for this team..............ps one of the sutter where at the game tonight shaking his head and having a good laugh at a poorly run team.................................

loudi94
01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
im sure they have great resume's and a ton of nhl experiance....while we are giving them a job here in town they may as well buy the team..... ;) it cant get any worse than what we have now.......2 first rounder plus iwanki for beach and a 5th round pick.....wow............bend over canes fans and take it like a man..............great job roy way to stand up for this team..............ps one of the sutter where at the game tonight shaking his head and having a good laugh at a poorly run team.................................
2 things
1. On the Beach trade I don't mind the players we lost, it's that first round pick next year that bugs me.
2. Comments like your last one make me wonder if the Sutters are actually friends of the Hurricanes or should they just stay the heck away and leave them be. While I'd like to see them get a chance to run the team, there's no guarantee we won't be complaining about their ability to ice a winner.

canes77
01-11-2009, 01:55 AM
2 things
1. On the Beach trade I don't mind the players we lost, it's that first round pick next year that bugs me.
2. Comments like your last one make me wonder if the Sutters are actually friends of the Hurricanes or should they just stay the heck away and leave them be. While I'd like to see them get a chance to run the team, there's no guarantee we won't be complaining about their ability to ice a winner.

Who knows how much they like the Canes franchise, remember they all played for a diff franchise in Leth, not the Canes...are there any politics still involved ?

shushu
01-11-2009, 02:02 AM
2 things
all these bad years of a team that goes nowhere...i mean put the sutters aside and you said it it yourself.....what does the future hold for the canes? and why take the beating year after year on trades gone wrong.first rounder given away for nothing, plus goalies that would help us along the way when yuha is at the world jrs......its starts to look like we ALL are becoming the pat and dick show and excuses are running rampant to excuse the present day coaches and management staff from all their short comming and a team that will never be.................you said it youself '' im tired of the garbage''...as well as the rest of us........................so tell me the answer..you, me and everyone would love to hear it......................................

loudi94
01-11-2009, 09:11 AM
all these bad years of a team that goes nowhere...i mean put the sutters aside and you said it it yourself.....what does the future hold for the canes? and why take the beating year after year on trades gone wrong.first rounder given away for nothing, plus goalies that would help us along the way when yuha is at the world jrs......its starts to look like we ALL are becoming the pat and dick show and excuses are running rampant to excuse the present day coaches and management staff from all their short comming and a team that will never be.................you said it youself '' im tired of the garbage''...as well as the rest of us........................so tell me the answer..you, me and everyone would love to hear it......................................
Obviously the answer is to bring in proven management and proven coaching. Reality is that it's not like we can just go to the proven management tree and pick someone. They just don't really exist. I'm all for bringing the Sutters on board. They aren't necessarily going to be any better, but it will put to rest the speculation. They don't have to own the team- that seems to be their condition.
As I look back on our deals this season I marvel at the some of the decisions. If we were going to trade Fadden, why did we trade Chornyko? Why not deal Fadden sooner? Was there no deal on the table or did Roy wait until Fadden returned before getting on the phone? A proactive GM would have had a deal in place beforehand. I like Hoff, but...
What was the deal with Jung??? I can't understand that at all.
Sbisa- at some point a call into Philly to get a yay or nay would have been in order. I think if Sbisa's rights would have been traded to Calgary or Vancouver, he'd be there right now. As it is, they still don't know if he's coming back. It would be great if he does come back, but we lost a lot of time.

I don't think there is an answer really.

Bocephus
01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Does anyone think we could have traded for Hickey for what we gave up for Beach?
I think we all agree that the biggest issue on this team is the lack of a PP QB.

dondo
01-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Apparently Alexander had concussion issues, which is why the trade was nulled, or at least reversed.

Beach had a good night for you guys last night. There's no denying he has a ton of skill, but there's also a little demon on his shoulder at times, hopefully he's trying to make a whole new start so you guys don't get totally hosed on that deal. When he just plays he's a force, when he adds bad penalty after bad penalty he's a liability.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-11-2009, 11:41 AM
This stupid Alexander thing really screws us more than just losing a body. We now have tons of scoring forwards but only 6 capable Dmen. What if one or two of them go down. We will be screwed. Alexander may only be worth a 5th pick but not to a team short on Dmen. A veteran top 4 D is worth a ton to the Canes right now. Everett screwed us and we should have got to pick another Dman of theirs. I hope Roy is talking to the league office about this. Do we have anyone in the system that we can call up if and when a Dman goes down. A team that is gonna go for it should have 7 if not 8 capable Dmen. Roy keeps trading them away for forwards. Craig, Bobbee, Theriau, Kerr. Montgomery, Stevens, Sutherland, McColm and I am sure I missed 2 or 3. Also no backup to Juha. This team is teetering on the edge of a disasterous season. If one of our top 3 Dman go down along with Juha, kiss any playoffs goodbye. If we make the playoffs and that is a big if, any team we play is gonna know our D is short and will run them into the ground.

I used to think Roy was doing a really good job but going for it with 6 Dmen is ludicrous. If this thing falls apart Roy (and probably Dyck) need to take the fall. I sure as h@ll hope not as then we are back to the old unstable Canes management BS.

I don't care how well we played in the third period vs the Giants last night. The first 2 periods were possibly the worst hockey ever played by any Canes team. Shots were like 36 to 5 at home!!!!!!!!