PDA

View Full Version : Game 46 @ Calgary

Scout
01-11-2009, 11:23 AM
SUNDAY'S GAME: The Swift Current Broncos travel to Calgary for the second time this season.

The Broncos are coming off a 5-1 loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers last night...Geordie Wudrick scored the lone Bronco goal, his 14th of the year from Taylor Vause and Jan Dalecky...The Tigers jumped out to a 3-0 first period lead thanks to 2 goals on the power-play...The Broncos cut it to 3-1 but the Tigers were opportunistic capitalizing on the man advantage and scored a single goal in each of the 2nd and 3rd periods...Tyler Ennis had 2 goals to lead the Tigers...Travis Yonkman took the loss the Bronco goal making 27 saves...Medicine Hat went 3 for 9 on the power-play while Swift Current went 0-5 and were outshot 32-20.

NUMBERS: Keegan Dansereau leads the Broncos with 25 goals and 46 points...Dansereau has 10 goals and 20 points in his last 13 games...Dansereau has points in 7 of his last 9 games, tallying 13 points in that span...He also leads the team with 13 multi-point games on the season and 27 points in 20 games on the road...Dansereau is 4th in the WHL in goals and leads the WHL in power-play goals with 14…Matt Tassone has 17 goals and 22 points in his last 23 games... Tassone has goals in 6 of his last 9 games...Tassone is tied for 7th in WHL goal scoring with 24…Eric Doyle leads the team with 30 assists and is 3rd in scoring for WHL defensemen with 38 points...Doyle leads the Broncos with a plus 19 rating and has points in six of his last 7 games…Justin Dowling has 18 points in his last 16 games...The Broncos have not been shut-out in a league best 124 games…Taylor Vause leads all rookies for Swift Current with 15 points on the season…Broncos are 17-1 when leading after two periods and 19-6 when scoring first.

ON THE ROAD: The Broncos are 12-11 on the road and 2-5 versus the Central Division on the road...The Broncos will play Central Division teams in their next 3 games, all on the road.

REGULAR SEASON VS. Calgary: Tonight is the third of 4 meetings between the Hitmen and Broncos...The Hitmen are 2-0 against the Broncos this season...Calgary defeated Swift Current 9-7 in the highest scoring game of the season for both teams at the Pengrowth Saddledome and they won 2-1 in Swift Current on Remembrance Day.

MILESTONES: Eric Doyle is 3 assists shy of 100 for his career…Matt Tassone is 1 goal shy of 50 for his career…Geordie Wudrick is 8 points shy of 100 for his career…Jan Dalecky played his 50th WHL game last night.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power-play is 44 for 219, 20.1% (8th) and the penalty kill is 83.6%, giving up 37 goals on 225 tries (7th).

HOME HARDWARE PROSPECTS GAME: Forward Cody Eakin has been named to the CHL Top Prospects Game in Oshawa Ontario on January 14th.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 23 players...The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 6 – 19 year old players, 7 – 18 year old players, 6 – 17 year old players, and 1 – 16 year old player.

DEADLINE DEALS: The Broncos have acquired 18 year old forward Liam Darragh from Chilliwack in exchange for Matt Ius...The Broncos have also acquired 18 year old goaltender Morgan Clark from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for a 5th round bantam selection in the 2010 draft...The Broncos traded defenseman Jesse Dudas to Regina for a 4th round pick in the 2010 bantam draft...The Broncos sent goaltender Mark Guggenberger to Kelowna for a conditional 5th round pick in 2010...They acquired 19 year olds John Negrin and Michael Stickland from Kootenay in exchange for James Martin, Christian Magnus and 2 draft picks in 2010.

UPCOMING GAMES: The Broncos continue 5 straight games on the road as they travel to Lethbridge and Kootenay next week.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: John Negrin (Calgary ’07)…Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)…Matt Tassone (Dallas ’08)...Geordie Wudrick (LA ’08)…Morgan Clark (Vancouver ’08).

Scout

stick boy
01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Can we send Negrin back for Martin straight up? he is playing some Daniel Rakos like defense, waving his stick, missing the body OMG!!

Bocephus
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Morgan Clark is awesome. applause

ointhecreek
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Can we send Negrin back for Martin straight up? he is playing some Daniel Rakos like defense, waving his stick, missing the body OMG!!
Oh come on! I think he's having a great game back there, on for most of the pps, passing has been on the tape most times. Cripes, the guy just joined the team hours before the game, cut him some slack man. Martin wasn't near the player Negrin is.

#1fan
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree, he's just got to the rink trying to adjust to a new team new pressures. He needs time, cut him some slack.

Flathead
01-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Morgan Clark is awesome. applause
I'm sensing some sarcasm, and couldn't agree more. Never really understood the hype about this kid. 3.95 gaa and .875 save%, not so stellar.

Bocephus
01-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm sensing some sarcasm, and couldn't agree more. Never really understood the hype about this kid. 3.95 gaa and .875 save%, not so stellar.
Congrats, you're fluent in that language. applause

Broncs in RD
01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
How would your numbers be with Red Deer? Probably not great.
I think maybe, just maybe the problem may be TEAM PLAY and TEAM DEFENSE. When you have a 2-0 lead give it up and then get it back, then just absolutely QUIT not the goalies fault one bit. Again just my opinion.

Broncs in RD
01-11-2009, 09:45 PM
GREAT against bad teams
GOOD against Good teams
Horrible against great teams
My season summary.
Someone in that dressing room needs to have some bullocks and fire this thing up, maybe the captain....oh wait we have to see who the leader is next month. I give them 2 more weeks then there is only 1 thing to do!!!!!!

ointhecreek
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
It seems he got lazier as the game went on. Pretty slow going across and getting up off the ice. I think he was getting frustrated. My impression so far is he's a back up, nothing more. Pretty tough putting him up against the Hitties. Can't see him being our main guy next year. Hope he proves me wrong.