PDA

View Full Version : Dudas

Buldog
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Based on his preformance tonight...I wonder if he was not injuried at Edmonton Oiler's training camp....would Edmonton either of kept him up with the Oilers or sent him down to the minors? He looked very impressive for it being his first game of the season.

patsdude114
01-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I must agree he did look very impressive for his 1st game of the year.... being that every other player is at mid season forum....

I have never really been a big Dudas fan but with saying that i am still happy we got him instead of nothing..... Dudas is solid dont get me wrong i guess with him being on a rivial team last season its easy to hate a guy lol...... Dudas logged some key minutes last night, the Pats always had a vetern guy on the ice.... It also nice having another top guy as a right handed shot as well.

I was prob the most happiest guy in the Brandt Center last night when i learned that Miller was sent to the SJHL..... this will be the last time you guys hear me mentioning Miller's name this season. I will say though that the minutes he did log he wasnt ready for, which made him visible to the mistakes he made. Which in all fairness to him he was forced into these minutes all season long. I know he will be a good Dman in this league im not sure if it will be at the begining of next season but i would hope by this time next year he will be a steady soild player on our backend.

Pym, Perrault & Scarbrough can now play minutes that there more capable of these players can skate & can handle themselves (for the most part) against bigger players. I think these guys out of our more younger D keep here game simple which doesnt lead into the noticable mistakes.

With Cerveny arriving back in Regina today from the Czech national team, he should also return as a better player. But more importantly give Strueby & Leffler a more capable center with offensive upside. Czibere isnt a 2nd line center.. but his faceoffs & defensive play makes him a perfect fit on our 3rd line with Mitchell & Hricina. Prokop, Hood, Mulder & Favreau will be all fighting for ice time now, which should make them better players.

We have the talent here to compete against the top teams (even more so when Delahey returns) the guys just need to remember to compete a full 60 minuate game and this team will come out on the W side more times then not the remainder of the season.

Oh just alittle side note here......

*********CONGRATS TO ROWAT**********
the new Regina Pat shutout king.... how many more does he post only time will tell....

*********CONGRATS TO BARTLEY********
on his 150th career point

nivek_wahs
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/pats-hockey/Dudas+hopes+bounce+back+with+Pats/1169793/story.html

Dudas hopes to bounce back with Pats

By Greg Harder, Leader-PostJanuary 12, 2009

REGINA -- Jesse Dudas already has something in common with his new team — neither of them received a Christmas card from the Swift Current Broncos.

The veteran defenceman declined to report to the Broncos early last month after recovering from a serious knee injury. His trade request was granted Friday when Swift Current worked out a deal with the Regina Pats.

By the way, Regina happens to be the Broncos’ most-hated rival.

“I never expected this to happen but it feels good,” Dudas said after joining the Pats on the weekend. “If (the Broncos) wanna trade me here, I hope it backfires.”

Dudas declined to discuss what caused his relationship to go sour with the Broncos, simply stating “I’m a Regina Pat now.”

However, he did crack a smile when adding: “I’ll save that for the book . . . the tell-all book.”

As for his new team, it could have been awkward when Dudas entered Regina’s dressing room for the first time.

The Pats ensured it wasn’t.

“They made it feel like home,” he said. “I went out for dinner (Saturday) night with the leaders of the team. They have great leaders in that room so they made it pretty easy. We’re all grown ups around here. It just made it so much easier to come to such a great group. And the staff here is unbelievable.”

When Dudas initially requested a trade, it seemed unlikely he would end up in Regina despite the club’s obvious need for veteran help on the blueline. However, as the holdout lingered, it became clear that Swift Current's options were limited.

“It’s always a challenge to trade a guy who’s not with you,” said Broncos head coach/GM Dean Chynoweth. “He’s a player who has moved around a little bit (Regina is his fourth team) but when he has played he has been a pretty effective guy.

“I’m disappointed with how the whole thing played out — not with the Regina Pats but with Jesse. From a relationship standpoint of what we’d gone through last year and over the summer, you always hope those guys can come back with a positive attitude and make a difference. But it is what it is. For it to happen with Regina, it was either do that deal or they get him for 1,000 bucks (on the waiver wire).”

Although Dudas was a relative bargain (a fourth-round bantam draft pick in 2010), his acquisition isn’t entirely without a perceived risk. He has never played more than 52 games in four previous seasons due to a variety of injuries.

When Dudas made his Pats’ debut on Sunday — scoring a goal in a 3-0 win over the Edmonton Oil Kings — it was his first game of the season due to a major knee injury in training camp with the Edmonton Oilers.

Dudas admitted he initially had doubts whether his knee would allow him to play again, but those doubts have been alleviated.

“It seemed like forever (since he last played) but I have a good mindset over the past three months,” he said. “I had to train and get (the knee) back into shape. If not, I was just gonna hang up the skates but I decided this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I’ve been doing it for so long, I’m not gonna stop.”

As for his reputation as being injury prone?

“I’ve heard so many things,” he added. “Yeah, I’ve been bit by injuries but there have been other things. “People can say what they want but I’m here to play hockey. There’s nothing else (to discuss). You could call it bad luck I guess but karma comes with bad luck, right? Hopefully things turn around.”

gharder@leaderpost.canwest.com
© Copyright (c) The Regina Leader-Post