PDA

View Full Version : Players likely to make the jump to the Rebels in 05/06?

Rebel66
01-19-2005, 12:41 AM
We all know that young Sutter will likely be a shoo in to make the team next season. I'm interested in who else you all think is in the reckoning?

D.A.
01-19-2005, 09:13 AM
James Reimer in net and Devon Leblanc are also pretty likely. I don't know much about the other guys that we got in last summer's trade with Moose Jaw (Mario Lamoureux and Kyle Klym), but they might be possibilities as well. Will Matt Cline make the jump?

Tinner
01-19-2005, 09:40 AM
is that Matt Cline will make the team and his play will dictate whether he stays or not. A key consideration will be the new rule, if adopted, on the limit of 1 - 16 year old per team. This may have an impact. Also, as part of the Lameroux trade, was his younger brother, who made the US under 16 team and agruably, a pretty good player, and if he decides to go the WHL route and play in Rrd Deer limits choices.

Reimer certainly will be touted as the heir apparent and will be part of the Leslie/Reimer tantum.

RebelsFan05
01-19-2005, 11:43 AM
who do you think will take Phanuef's place next year when he goes to the nhl? (assuming there is going to be a season next year)

D.A.
01-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Do we need to replace him? We're playing with 8 defencemen this year, 6 of whom will probably be back next year. I'm sure Sutter will find someone to bring in as a 7th guy there (a Euro, maybe?)

Shinyshoes
01-19-2005, 02:11 PM
On forward, I agree Sutter is a Shoe-in. His linemates in training camp were Hunter and Lorieo(sp?) and together looked REALLY good. Would not be surprised to see All 3 in a rebels jersey next season.

Nobody will be able to replace Dion, Should he be gone next season, but I think Flatters would be a good person to fill those shoes next season. He shows the same grit, hockey sense, and could develop into a preimer defenceman in this league.

Also, with the additon of Leslie, and having Reimer as the up-and-commer, i think goaltending will be fine for a few years.

rdreb
01-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I think the same as you all that Sutter will be on the team.
Cline should have an in side track to make the team, but he has to show more drive this year,also I think he has to work on his skating some more.

Hunter I'm not sure off I haven't seen him play this year.
last year he seemed a little soft to me, if he has worked on that than he could make the team.

Charlie Smith was at the camp last year,and they had high hopes for him he was only 15.He is playing in Alaska and was the top point getter for his team.

Leblanc has the build to make the team and shows some skill to go along with that,looks good for him (imo)

Reimer is supose to be slated for the backup.

There is a kid playing goal for the ufa bisions,or for one of the Calgary teams.
I can't rember his name,I think he can give Rimer a run for that spot.

KEEPING THE FAITH
:) GO REBELS GO :)

Tinner
01-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Hunter may have a chance as there are ties beyond hockey, but he has had a so so season at the 15 yr old league. He is a big kid that plays really soft. Seems like he lacks drive and killer instinct.

As far as Eidsness, he WILL not give Reimer a run unless things change between now and next Sept. He has not had a very good year so far, in fact, I'm surprised the Rebels haven't dropped him from their list. On the flip side, Reimer by all accounts is the MVP of the league in Manitoba so far.

All this said, the Rebs need to find a bonafide goal scorer. Defensive hockey is hard to watch on a nightly basis.

Red celtic
01-20-2005, 12:01 AM
I would have to agree on most of the names mentioned. But I have heard that Brady Eidness was having a pretty good season with the Bisons is fourth in the AAA league in gaoltending. A few other kids to keep an eye on are Kozyra a big defencemen out of Sherwood Park and Gionfriddo an American kid playng in Colarado who is putting up some nice numbers. Sutter was very high on both Gionfriddo and Smith at the rookie camp last year.

tiny
01-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Besides the ones posted, I would like to know how these kids are doing:
D Danny Paulson, Taylor Fedun, and Tanner Wilson
F Alex Poulter, Iorio, Luke Betts and Brady Hogg

They are just a couple of others that caught my eye at camp this year.

Thanks for any info.