PDA

View Full Version : Mike Alexander......

patsdude114
01-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I have never seen this before at all... but this was the 1st deal....

Everett Silvertips traded F Kyle Beach (18) and D Mike Alexander (19) to Lethbridge Hurricanes for F Dan Iwanski (18), D Alex Theriau (16), and a 1st-round pick in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft.

then 4 days later..........

Lethbridge Hurricanes trade D Mike Alexander (19) to Everett Silvertips for 5th-round pick in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft.

very werid/odd i must say... i remember in the NHL a few years ago the Flames traded Dean McAmmond to the Av's early in the season then at trade deadline traded for him back (in the same season) and McAmmond was forced to sit out the rest of the season due to some rule within the league & trades.

dagley
01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I heard he was grossly out of shape, and others are saying he just didn't want to play for the Canes and they had to compensate for it. Just further proves that he's a joke.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I heard he was grossly out of shape, and others are saying he just didn't want to play for the Canes and they had to compensate for it. Just further proves that he's a joke.

Thats not it at all. It was because Shayne Brown hit a setback with his injury that the tips were notified of after the trade took place, and he is done for the season. So the tips got another defenceman back. And they decided that bringing alexander back was logical.

The 5th round pick just replaces Alexander in the Beach deal. Beach and a 5th(instead of Alexander) for the 16 year old D prospect, the 1st and Iwanski.

moon
01-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Thats not it at all. It was because Shayne Brown hit a setback with his injury that the tips were notified of after the trade took place, and he is done for the season. So the tips got another defenceman back. And they decided that bringing alexander back was logical.

The 5th round pick just replaces Alexander in the Beach deal. Beach and a 5th(instead of Alexander) for the 16 year old D prospect, the 1st and Iwanski.

Lethbridge GM Roy Stasiuk said that it was because of his concussion and fitness level. They had concern about his ability to play anytime soon. It was Lethbridge that sent him back not Everett asking for him back based on Brown.

He also didn't sound too impressed with the way Everett handled the situation either.

dagley
01-12-2009, 11:27 PM
That's exactly what I heard, he was grossly out of shape to even compete at a high level.

patsdude114
01-12-2009, 11:37 PM
well i think either way it is werid to trade the guy back to the team u got him from within a few days lol but oh well not that i really care 1 way or another....