PDA

View Full Version : This is an interesting topic

HAF
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Who (for your respective teams) was the last player to be passed over during thier draft year only to be drafted as a 19? Yes, it is rare,however it does happen from time to time. I seriously cannot think of any Am's players who have been drafted in thier second year of eligibility.

Scout
01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
The Broncos actually had two players last year who were not only past over their draft year but also as 19 year olds only to be drafted as 20 year olds. Their names were Zack Smith ( Ottawa ) and Dale Wiese ( New York Rangers ).

Scout

HAF
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
The reason I bring this up is that on another forum some are discussing Kruise Reddick and Tyler Schmidt. Niether were drafted in 08 but some are hopeful for them in 09. As strong as this draft year will be I really don't see either of them bieng drafted in 09. Both had strong showings at NHL camps over the summer so I guess anything is possible in the late rounds.

Pete76
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Do you think Tyler Johnson has a chance?? He went to coyotes camp and played on the US Jr. team ...

HAF
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Do you think Tyler Johnson has a chance?? He went to coyotes camp and played on the US Jr. team ...

The kid definately has the talent and the heart. His only downfall will be his size.