PDA

View Full Version : How come Parker didn't unload this team?

ProStaff
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey first off I am not tolling or looking for a reaction. But honestly for some reason Regina is playing teriable! is it the players? coach? combo of both? But a team with this much talent should be fighting Saskatoon for first! and sorry to sound like a cocky SOB! I don't see Regina making the playoffs. So Parker should have unloaded the team and rebuild this team from the ground up? I am I wrong? I hated when Saskatoon unloaded and rebuilt it sucked for so many years, but now it looks like our day has finally come with a winning team and a good young core the future looks bright!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I wouldnt be that quick to jump ship yet. The pats made it a close game with the blades, outshot them pretty good too... but ran into Holtby as usual. We have shown what we can do, but in cases like this last game, motivation to do so has been an issue. We still have some time to get it all together and make an impact.

I still think that we should be able to pass Edmonton, PA and Kootenay by the end of the season, if not moving up even further. It might be tough to attain a home playoff advantage spot, but what really matters is the style of team we match up against. We play better against some teams than others.

wango tango
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
i'd agree with you prostaff about unloading if eberle and teubert were 19's this season. you'd know for sure they wouldn't be back next year.

ProStaff
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM
i'd agree with you prostaff about unloading if eberle and teubert were 19's this season. you'd know for sure they wouldn't be back next year.

Thats my point right there thou! those 2 players would have given Regina some serious trading power and could have landed them some very early draft picks aswell and could have made them better in the future. next year Saskatoon should be even better, Brandon should be better, Swift? MJ can only get better. where soes that leave Regina? and what if Regina has the same type of year? then you trade eberle what do you get for him, on the likey hood he wonb't be back?

I don't know maybe its just me but I think Parker dropped the ball this year. He had a huge chance to make this team better for the years to come. Man I hated when Lorne traded Seto, but man did that pay off for our future! just imagine what you could have got for Eberle knowing that he will be back next year!

witness
01-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Why on earth would the Pats give away next years leading scorer (if he returns) for draft picks that may or may not pan out.

The Pats are one of the younger teams in the conference. And do not need to add prospects. They are having a tough enough time trying to decided who to place on the 50 player protection list. We have some 15 year olds that are going to be fine players (Bell, Borstmeyer and Hildebrandt). Tendler and Reider are 16 year olds that could have made it this year, but you can only carry so many 16s (the Pats have 4). Froese is also playing well in the Midget league. Then there are a bunch of 17 year olds that will get a legitimate shot next year (Koltyn & Kenton Miller, Sparrow and Sorenson).

The Pats are in fairly good condition. In Junior hockey there are cycles. You will not be a top contenter every year. The Pats have enough talent to make it interesting and will be a tough oppontent in playoffs.

nivek_wahs
01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
The Pats are one of the younger teams in the conference. And do not need to add prospects. They are having a tough enough time trying to decided who to place on the 50 player protection list. We have some 15 year olds that are going to be fine players (Bell, Borstmeyer and Hildebrandt). Tendler and Reider are 16 year olds that could have made it this year, but you can only carry so many 16s (the Pats have 4). Froese is also playing well in the Midget league. Then there are a bunch of 17 year olds that will get a legitimate shot next year (Koltyn & Kenton Miller, Sparrow and Sorenson).
Kenton is no longer a Pat (plays for Spokane).

patsdude114
01-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I dont understand why you would think for 1 second Parker would of traded Eberle &/or Teubert away. They are 18 yrs old both WILL be back next season. Eberle is skilled enough to play some minutes in the NHL but his skating will hold him back for another year. Teubert is strong enough, but isnt smart enough on the back end along with not fast enough. Look at the gold medal game for instance Teubert hardly played that game due to he wasnt fast enough, he played the PK and that was about it, heck even in the 3rd period he wasnt doing that either.

With Eberle, Cerveny, Weal, Streuby & possibly Leffler all returning next season the Pats will be more then fine upfront.... Its our defence i am worried about next year. The odds are there that we could loose all of our top 4 D from this year. Bartley & Dudas gone forsure, Delahey will be 20 and could play in the AHL (he did play 1 exhibition game for Lowell this year) Teubert could make the Kings as a 6th or 7th Dman (but in all honesty i dont think he will) if for some reason Delahey & Teubert dont return next season then Parker is in a world of trouble on the defence. Our top returning Dman would be what Pym or Scarbrough. To me that is diaster in the making. Parker would have to scramble again to find a vertern Dman.

But i dont want to look ahead anymore to next season, hell its only Jan17th still 2 months of regular season left... and yes the Pats will make the playoffs, my guess is they will finish 6th which i am fine with, I dont wanna play Calgary or Saskatoon in the 1st round, but then again maybe playing Saskatoon wouldnt be so bad, they got virtually no playoff experience at all, alot of young players who i personally believe would shy away from taking hits from Leffler, Bartley, Teubert & Delahey all series long.

The Pats arent as bad as some say they are... before the world junior tryouts, no 1 was questioning the Pats at all. Just cuz we lost our top 5 players during the world junior stretch (Eberle & Teubert to canada, Cerveny to Czech, Weal to under 17s & Delahey to injury) we lost 8 of 9 games. But in all honesty how many teams would do good without there top 5 players gone for that length of time. My guess is......... not many!

The young guys were logging too many minutes they werent ready for, and to make matters worse they were struggling with those minutes and hurt there confidence. They are now back to minuets they should be playing and gaining confidence as we go along. Im am 1 Pats fan who is not worried about this team. We have 2 soild lines who can score, a 3rd line who works hard every shift. Once Delahey returns we prob have 1 of the top 4 Dmen in the league for pairings. Pym & Scarbrough are going to find it tougher to see mins.

The top 3 goalies capable of stealing a series in our conference are all in the East Division.. Yonkman, Holtby & Rowat (only goalie i think is capable of doing that in the Central Division is Metsola from Lethbridge) Calgary i dont think will rely too much on there goaltending until 2nd round or even 3rd lol

But dont count the Pats out!!!!

GO PATS GO!!!!

(sorry for dragging this out lmao)

nthestands
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I think you parkers headed in the right direction with a little playoff experience this year and other teams graduating some players next year, I expect regina to be a top 10 dub team if they get any help on the blue line and between the pipes.