PDA

View Full Version : Race for a playoff spot.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
I never thought Id be thinking about this, but at this point in time, we are in a race for a playoff spot, rather than trying to find the most comfortable place to be.

And it doesnt help that the teams we are competing with are winning. Lethbridge and PA (both teams in race for 6th place) both got a point last night of course with Lethbridge winning in a SO, and as I type this Kootenay is beating CALGARY.

No screwing around. We are going to have to play seriously or these trades will be beyond a waste of time. We could potentially lose half our roster after this year, and if we do so by missing the playoffs, it will look very bad.

EDIT:3-3. Looks like they are going to get at least a point...

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't think you have to worry. The Pats are a good team and just have to get back in the groove. Not saying they will go far in the playoffs but they will make the playoffs.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2009, 10:27 PM
To be honest really, I dont think either of PA, Kootenay, Edmonton, or even lethbridge are better teams than the pats. I would compare them to the teams they were neck in neck with before the losing streak began, but I think we lost that priviledge after we dipped under .500.

Right now, we stand at 45 points in 47 games. EDM has 46 in 48 counting todays game, PA has 47 pts in 48g, and Kootenay will have 47-48 pts in 45 games. Lethbridge has 47 in 46 games.

6.. KOOT- 45g - 48PTS (distancing themselves from the pack now)

7.. LETH - 46g - 47PTS
8.. PA---- 48g - 47PTS
9.. EDM---48g - 46PTS

10. PATS - 47G - 45PTS

Here is the remaining schedule, and we have a surprisingly low amount of games left to play.

2009-01-16 Moose Jaw at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-01-17 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
2009-01-23 Kootenay at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-01-25 Regina at Calgary 2:00 pm MST
2009-01-27 Regina at Kootenay 7:00 pm MST
2009-01-28 Regina at Lethbridge 7:00 pm MST
2009-01-31 Regina at Edmonton 7:00 pm MST
2009-02-03 Regina at Saskatoon 7:05 pm CST
2009-02-06 Edmonton at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-07 Prince Albert at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-11 Swift Current at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-13 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-14 Calgary at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-20 Moose Jaw at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-22 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-24 Regina at Swift Current 7:30 pm CST
2009-02-25 Regina at Calgary 7:00 pm MST
2009-02-27 Regina at Kootenay 7:00 pm MST
2009-03-01 Lethbridge at Regina 6:00 pm CST
2009-03-06 Medicine Hat at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-03-07 Brandon at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-03-08 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm MDT
2009-03-11 Regina at Prince Albert 7:30 pm MDT
2009-03-13 Regina at Swift Current 7:30 pm MDT
2009-03-14 Swift Current at Regina 7:00 pm MDT

15 of the 25 games remaining are with teams that we are tied with/1 point behind right now. Most of these games we should be able to win. The key word is should...but thats assuming we play more consistant, and play more smart. If we dont get back into our groove, we will undoubtably miss the playoffs and thats one embarrassment I dont want to be apart of for reasons already mentioned.

I can only hope that we step up to the occasion and make the best with what we got.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't think you have to worry. The Pats are a good team and just have to get back in the groove. Not saying they will go far in the playoffs but they will make the playoffs.

History would definitely back you up on that one. I know as much as you do that Regina is better than their record suggests, but I dont want anyone -especially the players- to underestimate these other teams.

Though I still want to see Regina face the broncos for that proverbial tie breaker series. Would be exciting regardless of the outcome, especially since the pats will be looking for revenge this time.

Looks like Kootenay won their game too. Calgary is useless.

Fight Guy
01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
If the Pats can get a couple wins this weekend, that should be a good start. The Pats should be able to take advantage of the Warriors this weekend, but I've read several random posts of the Warriors playing pretty good hockey, so it definitely won't be any push over me thinks.

All I can really hope for a is good, physical game. After reading Rod's blog today, I have thirst for blood, which it would be nice if that thirst were satisfied. Not expecting anything ridiculous, but look what happened last year? The rivalry has calmed down considerably, then out of no where, we get a "bench clearing" brawl. Not much of a brawl, but it could have got bad.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Update on standings...

5. SCB - 49G - 53PTS
6. Leth - 49G - 52PTS
7. Koot - 48G - 50PTS
8. Pats - 49G - 49PTS
9. EDM - 51G - 48PTS
10.PAR - 51G - 48PTS

Of course PA and Kootenay both get points tonight....and lethbridge will likely come back from the 5-3 deficit to make things tighter. Everythings always gotta be tough doesnt it?

The game against Kootenay is just as important as a divisional game, and we are going to have to bring our A game on the road trip. Just maintain consistancy, because its going to be very close for awhile.

EDIT: First Calgary, now Medicine hat. Nobodys helping us out here.

Spungy
01-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Being it is such an important game for both teams tonight should be a very good intense game!

Go Ice Go!

Dogstink
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
It seems the Pats' race for a playoff position is heading in the wrong direction. Giving up 4 goals in the 3rd to the Ice doesn't really give off that 'pedal-to-the-metal' vibe. What's with this team?

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Don't let PA into the post season.

CJSenterprise4
01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
They are just play brutal and cannot play as a team and the coaching is beyond terrible. Leffler also left this game i think so there goes the best player.

These kids cannot comprhend the team concept...too many "I am the man" kids on this team. Derkatch can't coach defense first which this team should be playing. Obviously the Pats cannot play run and gun and win games with the D men pinching up all the flippin time. Most talent on a team thats going nowhere fast.

Why the hell pull Rowat on the 1st goal on the 3rd? Was it that bad or what the hell...Ketlo comes in and gives up 3 more in first 4 minutes he plays..what a great coaching move that was Dale Dip****...just brutal...fire him now

Is it too late to trade Teubert??? oh well he won't make L.A. next year anyways he can't skate with the kids in the WHL

ointhecreek
01-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Fire the coach! Fire the coach! It's echoing from one end of the province to the other, lol!

wango tango
01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
an outsiders view based on reading fan comments, press, and the blog world.

too many passengers, not enough guys who want to do hard work and pay the price for success.

excluding eberle who has had a history with dd, i'm wondering if too many of the players see dd as just a glorified midget coach, and are tuning him out?

poor starts and inconsistency over 60 minutes. and this has been going on before the christmas/world tourneys disruption.

too many egos who think they can just show up and talent alone will carry the day.

death by a million little cuts. one night it's one part of the pats game that springs a leak, the next night it's another. the teams confidence is so poor right now that any little adversity sets them on their rears.

goals for is a respectable 174. the goals against, 190, is one of the worst in the eastern conference.

the good news for pats fans is the team is only 5 points out of 5th place with 20 games left. if the team can meet the urgency and play to the level of talent on the team they will make the playoffs.

patsdude114
01-29-2009, 01:34 AM
goals for is a respectable 174. the goals against, 190, is one of the worst in the eastern conference.

I knew this was going to happen when we hired Derkatch, he is a all out offence coach, yes our D was very young for a time being but that has no effect on our total goals given up.... at the begining of the year we had our 3 vetern D (Bartley, Teubert & Delahey) but after those 3 guys our D got thin very fast.... we still got 3 veterns right now (Bartley, Teubert & Dudas) and the D is still very thin after that. Once Delehay gets back (which is our next home game which was announced duing the 2nd period intermission at our last home game) we will have 4 solid Dmen and this shold help our goal against as our young D will virtually see no ice.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I knew this was going to happen when we hired Derkatch, he is a all out offence coach, yes our D was very young for a time being but that has no effect on our total goals given up.... at the begining of the year we had our 3 vetern D (Bartley, Teubert & Delahey) but after those 3 guys our D got thin very fast.... we still got 3 veterns right now (Bartley, Teubert & Dudas) and the D is still very thin after that. Once Delehay gets back (which is our next home game which was announced duing the 2nd period intermission at our last home game) we will have 4 solid Dmen and this shold help our goal against as our young D will virtually see no ice.

The reason our GAA is so bad isnt all because of our young D, its our systems. Derkatch doesnt emphasize defence, at least not at the same level as 'offensive creativity'. We dont block shots like we used to last year, and it seems like we are always going for the short handed goal, rather than just killing the penalty or getting it out. Pure offensive mentality without pure offensive players (in general). Derkatch's philosophy with hunt's players.

Granted, a big reason was also that Pym and Miller were playing over their heads. Miller gets a break, and Pym sees 3rd pairing ice rather than 20 minute game which he isnt ready for yet.

And for the record,even though Robertson has been good offensively for us, he is completely non existant defensively at times. The only reason hes on the PK is to offer the chance for a Short handed goal...but thats derkatch's team for you...

Buldog
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
vci33 Like I've said before let Derkatch coach the forwards and stop giving some d-men the ok to pinch (Pym...needs needs to learn to know when to and when not to pinch)...get a coach that knows defence...give DD a chance to teach his offence knowledge.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Why is it that not one team can ever do the pats a favor and beat these teams in the race for a playoff spot? Of course SC and Pa both get a point AGAIN, with PA getting the 2nd point to tie with us in the standings, and Lethbridge also got a point tonight too. ****ing Calgary couldnt finish the job. Brandon lost to Kootenay too. These teams are all useless, but I guess we shouldnt expect help.

Anyways, here are the standings as of now in the playoff race, and remaining schedule.

5. SCB - 53G - 58PTS
6. Koot - 52G - 57PTS
7. Leth - 53G - 55PTS
8. Pats - 53G - 52PTS
9. PAR - 55G - 52PTS
10.EDM - 54G - 50PTS

You will notice the Pats are dropping a bit, but if they can perform well for the remainder of the trip, it will be a huge confidence booster, and the trip will look like more of a success. Next game is massive, as it sets the tone for the rest of the race. If we win the next few, we will be back into it, and playing well only to have Delahey return will only spark us more.

2009-01-31 Regina at Edmonton 7:00 pm MST
2009-02-03 Regina at Saskatoon 7:05 pm CST
2009-02-06 Edmonton at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-07 Prince Albert at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-11 Swift Current at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-13 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-14 Calgary at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-20 Moose Jaw at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-22 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm CST
2009-02-24 Regina at Swift Current 7:30 pm CST
2009-02-25 Regina at Calgary 7:00 pm MST
2009-02-27 Regina at Kootenay 7:00 pm MST
2009-03-01 Lethbridge at Regina 6:00 pm CST
2009-03-06 Medicine Hat at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-03-07 Brandon at Regina 7:00 pm CST
2009-03-08 Regina at Moose Jaw 7:00 pm MDT
2009-03-11 Regina at Prince Albert 7:30 pm MDT
2009-03-13 Regina at Swift Current 7:30 pm MDT

hitmanfan
01-30-2009, 11:13 PM
We finished the job. nobody gets help from anybody.

CJSenterprise4
01-31-2009, 02:15 AM
4 more times...can't lose one game to them if they want a playoff spot.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
tonight game is very important. I hope we come in PISSED OFF, but also organized. I like our physical game, but we have enough goals scored against us when we arent taknig ourselves out of position for a big hit. We need to take the puck to the net, go for simple plays and dirty goals, lots of rebounds, and shoot almost every chance you get.

Saskatoon lost their last game too, so I think they might also be looking to bounce back. But that shouldnt matter. We need to shake off this under achieving reputation and take it to them tonight. Play OUR game, not theirs.

I wish i could go to the game but I will probably stay home and listen to rod instead. Hoping to see then bounce back tonight and if they can do it against saskatoon, they shouldnt have a problem with teams like Edmonton, PA, or even Kootenay.

CJSenterprise4
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Hope the Pats don't get blown out

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Hope the Pats don't get blown out

Well at least that didnt happen...

scoreboard
02-04-2009, 08:52 AM
It didn't ? What game were you listening to.... 6-2, to me is a blow out.

For get it, the way the Regina Pats are playing this past month, they will keep droping in the standings.

Sorry to say it, but they will not make it in the play-offs. The boys just are not playing together as a team. As I mentioned before, to win a game it takes 60 minutes, something this team has not learned yet. Since the start of the Western Trip, the Pats record is - 8 Wins and 22 Loses.

If, they do make the play-offs, first they would have to play Calgary or Saskatoon. Second they would get knocked out four games to none. Third is it worth it !

wango tango
02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
the pats started out strong. holtby was the early difference, had the pats capitalized on their early chances it could have been a different game. though that seems to be a theme on the pats season so far.

when the pats are moving forward they are a dangerous team in the offensive zone, it's the getting back and playing in their own end where they are badly exposed. not enough competing. getting beat in races for the puck. losing battles in the corners and on boards.

defensemen i noticed in the blades game. teubert took many poor penalties. bartley was a liability. perrault couldn't get rid of the puck fast enough, even under the slightest pressure was very jittery.

having watched the pats, oil kings, and raiders a fair bit over the last month i'd say the pats are the best of the three and should get the 8th spot. probably an early exit at the hitmens hands.

patsdude114
02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Derkatch's philosophy with hunt's players.

Could of just left it at that lol

I really believe what has really hurt this team is the month of december when Eberle, Tuebert & Cerveny were all gone. No 1 was questioning the Pats up until the WJ tryouts started. We are what the 3rd or 4th youngest team in the league guys were playing minutes they werent ready for and struggled which has ultimately hurt their confidence level. Their confidence is still gone & not really sure if they will get it back at this point in the season, the games are getting tougher & tougher no matter who you play each game is a playoff type game.

Getting Delahey back will help tons, another vetern guy. I really feel guys like Czibere, Prokop & Mitchell have to step up. Prokop goes thru spurts the last 2 home games we had played Prokop was 1 of our best players, he was competeing & even hitting (something he isnt known for) with Prokop's size he should be hitting every shift, Prokop reminds me alot of Leffler when he was 17 & 18. Leffler took alot of shifts off every now & then he would be a force out on the ice but lack consistancy at times. This time of the year last season is when Leffler really found his own, hopfully Prokop can do the same.

I for 1 would love to see our LW's switch lines Robertson & Strueby... Strueby would give a bigger body on our 1st line, who isnt afraid to drive to the net & go into the corner's kind of like MacAngus was. Robertson would give line 2 a proven shooter/scorer with more finesse you still got Leffler (big strong winger) & in my eyes our best faceoff guy in Cerveny (who also has playmaking skills) Do i think Derkatch will make any line changes??? my honest answer to that is NOPE he is too stuck in his ways with having him most skilled players all play together no matter how big, errrr ummm i mean small they are.

I have no problems with Robertson, Weal & Eberle together on the PP but no need to keep them together for every single shift.

I am glad to see Perkins back working with the defence, maybe we will start to see guys blocking shots again.

This team needs a real make up call, not sure what that is just yet but something has to be done... somehow someway....... Maybe it takes benching your top player in Eberle for a period to send a message to the team. This team is running out of time on paper our team is much better then our record indicates but games arnt played on paper.

Maybe this weekends back to back home games against Edmonton & PA can turn the ship around. 2 wins against these teams will be huge in the standings, but 2 solid performances could be even bigger in the dressing room.

LETS GO PATS!!!

CJSenterprise4
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Lets see... Delahey played well in his 1st game back. Eberle, Weal, Robertson played alright and thats about it.

The rest of the D were brutal and no one else really played that hard. I think the Pats had 4 hits all game and got outplayed by a better team that plays a complete 60 minute team game.

Teubert followed the Blades players back to Holtby yelling at them after the first goal by doodoozynski or whatever his name is. I have no clue what it was about but this guy is too slow and too much of a head case to be playing. He is just brutal.

Eberle's goal was a beauty - should be play of the week.

Holtby played well but Rowat can't stop anything then Ketlo didn't do much better and let in a terrible goal to really put it out of reach.

Fight Guy
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, I don't really know what to say, but I'm sure it will turn into some massive post...lol.

When I heard this week Derkatch and Perkins were changing roles, I really thought that to be a good move. Our defense last season was much better, and we only lost two experienced defensemen in Bender and Pyett. You'd think a whole lot would change, but it's evident Derkatch taking over that role changed our defense too offensive. So as mentioned by patsdude, maybe we will see shots being blocked like last season, which I was very impressed by.

If I were the coach and wanted to see offense from the defense, I would only allow the players who are quick enough and experienced enough to take a good shot. This has obviously been a downer for us as at least once a game there is a goal scored due to lack of players playing back. Teubert isn't fast enough to be jumping up in the play. He has the skill, but it looks like he's moving in slow motion. If he wants to take a shot, he should do it from the blue line. He has a fair bit of success from the point. The only players I like to see jump up are Bartley, Dudas...and maybe Scarborough, as he can move the puck decently and has a decent shot, but he tends to make mistakes otherwise.

I'm not too sure I like Strueby on the top line. He has the skill and everything, but he is often offside when entering the zone, and as evidenced by last night, sounds like it happened a few times. I really liked when I saw Leffler play on the top line when Robinson went down the one game. He was able to make plays and had instant chemistry with Weal and Eberle. Plus he is that bigger body on the line to help make room for the little guys. Plus he has the skill to do damage on the line as well. I do like Robertson on there, but 5 on 5, I think Leffler is the better fit up front. I think the Pats need to use the backdoor play more around the net. The top line was very successful early on when using it, but I haven't seen it as of late. At least I don't think I have :dead:

I have to say Prokop has looked A LOT better as of late. He is working hard and creating chances. Perhaps he didn't like being on the bottom line and picked up his game?...I don't know, but he is sure showing his potential a lot more lately.

Czibere seems to be slacking it quite hard lately too. I think a possible reason could be a lack of confidence and care as he felt he was going to play a bigger role when he came into Regina. But he hasn't played as well explaining why he is playing on a bottom line. And if that is the case, then he has to suck it up and play his hardest and maybe he will see more ice time. Look at Prokop. He was playing on the lower lines and has shown a lot of hard work, and because of it, he is being put into the second, and sometimes first line during games.

It also seems quite evident that the Pats come in to their games with that confidence they need, and usually come out flying. If they aren't able to capitalize on the pressure and chances they get, and the opposing team goes and scores right after, then it seems their confidence is shot. Not sure what they can do about that, but if they want to make the playoffs, they will have to find a way to play hard even if they do go down a few goals.

I think that's it... Goaltending is still good, but Rowatt has been off his game the last few. I think Ketlo should get a few more starts here and there as they can't play Rowatt night in and night out. Sounds like he has been having trouble playing the puck behind the goal line lately.

But otherwise, that's all... I guess. Let's hope the Pats can come out hard this weekend. I still feel the Pats are capable of moving up the standings more than everyone says they will, whether it be 8th place or out of the playoffs, they just need to play better... and with saying that, it sounds like my internal CD player is skipping... :(

patsdude114
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
The only players I like to see jump up are Bartley, Dudas...and maybe Scarborough, as he can move the puck decently and has a decent shot, but he tends to make mistakes otherwise.

I would take Scarbrough out of that list and have only Bartley, Dudas & Delahey... Personally i think Delahey is the best skater out of those guys not taking anything away from Bartley & Dudas as they are as well.

Teubert though needs to keep his game simple he should know of all guys he is not a good skater. Him & Prokop would be a good race though.

I also think the Hrcina could be used alittle more too, as of lately though he has found a home on the 3rd line with Mitchell & Czibere/Prokop. Hrcina i believe could be a top line player if he would pass the puck just abit more. I Dont know if he doesnt pass the puck more cause of the skill level of guys he's playing with or if he just has tunnel vision. It seems though when he does get put out there with Cerveny he does pass the puck more.

I know things are going to turn around for this team, we got better players then our record states. I am hoping that this weekend is that turning block and gives the guys some more confidence, i am ready for tomorrow nights game, i want to see Delahey back on the ice so badly.

patsdude114
02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Lets see... Delahey played well in his 1st game back. Eberle, Weal, Robertson played alright and thats about it.

The rest of the D were brutal and no one else really played that hard. I think the Pats had 4 hits all game and got outplayed by a better team that plays a complete 60 minute team game.

Teubert followed the Blades players back to Holtby yelling at them after the first goal by doodoozynski or whatever his name is. I have no clue what it was about but this guy is too slow and too much of a head case to be playing. He is just brutal.

Eberle's goal was a beauty - should be play of the week.

Holtby played well but Rowat can't stop anything then Ketlo didn't do much better and let in a terrible goal to really put it out of reach.

Not trying to be a prick here but wow i have never seen u say anything positive about these kids, even when we win and play a good game all around you always have something to complain about.

dondo
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Czibere seems to be slacking it quite hard lately too. I think a possible reason could be a lack of confidence and care as he felt he was going to play a bigger role when he came into Regina. But he hasn't played as well explaining why he is playing on a bottom line. And if that is the case, then he has to suck it up and play his hardest and maybe he will see more ice time.

I'm very disappointed to hear that as Mitch was one of those guys who showed up every game. He lacked a bit of skill at times, but was a solid contributer shift in and shift out. He's an excellent shut-down forward, but a lot of that came from his effort night in and out and if he's lost that then he knows he should be playing on the bottom line.

Mitch was a fan favourite here, and was PK specialist and great team player. He got ice-time because he worked for it and in Hay's system if you work you get rewarded --full-stop .. if that's how it is on the Pats then he should be working his butt off -- he knows how-- believe me.

I have to say that his season as a 16 yr old was probably his best as a Giant and he never really quite lived up to the potential he showed as a young up and comer. Hopefully he can turn it all around as he's a great guy and really does have a lot to contribute.

Come-on Mitch suck it up and play hard as you know how to do!! No excuses man!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
To be fair, Pats dude, the way these guys are playing they dont really deserve a pat on the back. I cant say the same for every player, but some of these kids need a swift kick in the ass to get into the game.

Some guys like Teubert, Weal (at times), Czibere, Strueby and lately Rowat seriously need to get their heads in gear. I dont like putting Rowat on the spot, but to be blunt, his play has been brutal, not that he has had too much help infront on him. We especially need Teubert to step up, since he is a big part of our defence. We dont need him to score, we need him to be a rock defensively and make the defensive zone a scary place for the opposition.

And strueby needs to drive to the net. He all the sudden stopped going to the net, but when he was he was our top goalscorer. Take the punishment, and go for it. I hope he can put on some more weight next season and then he can play that power forward game easier.

But to be honest, its not really all about the performance of single players. Things arent going to really improve until we have better team defence. No, Im not talking about having 'the big names' all the time, but just having 5 guys on the ice who play well defensively and that play it safe when they have to.

I dont expect anything to happen over night. We are streaky in pretty much every area, so take what we can get. But playing a better defensive game as a team is the key to better performances. I know, its probably easier said than done, but if you take less risks, and tighten up...you take out those momentum deflating goals that come from carelessness, and then you might see a more confident and resilient group of players.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-05-2009, 09:06 PM
A couple other things. I have to say that I expect a little more from Cerveny offensively. Granted, he has been pretty good in the corners, finishes checks, doesnt turn over the puck much , and is good defensively in general, but offensively speaking he hasnt progressed much at all. He is a good passer when he actually passes, but rarely does he shoot(which is a shame because he has a good quick shot in the rare instance he decides to shoot). I'd like to see what he can do if he gets paired up with Eberle in Weal's place, and not for 3 shifts just to switch back to the midget line like we always do.

Which brings me to the next point. Ive noticed that we always seem to revert back to the same old lines after we try something new. You always hear about 'changes', but by the second (if not earlier), you see the same old lines out there (at least the same top 2 lines). I'd like to see them try some different combos... and maybe a different group altogether for the powerplay from what we put out 5 on 5.

- maybe split up Weal and Eberle when on even strength. Throw Cerveny in there with Eberle and Robertson. Be a pretty fast line, and cerveny adds grit and is good in the corners...and makes up for Robertson's lack of defensive play.

- Throw Weal in between two big wingers. Put Leffler on the right, and try either Hricina or Hood on the left. Infact, try both, and put the other one with Prokop and Mitchell (who I assume will be ready to come back).

- Put Strueby and Czibere together. Both are kind of underachieving, but have shown chemistry with each other in the past (at least I think so).

I mean, if one way doesnt work, they shouldnt be so stubborn and stay with the 'keep throwing **** against the wall and hope it eventually sticks' method. It doesnt hurt anybody except for the team.

Hopefully switching Perkins and Derkatch will change things a bit.

blah blah blah

And scoreboard, I was being sarcastic.

CJSenterprise4
02-05-2009, 10:29 PM
when the 2nd best team on paper in the East is tied with the Edmonton Oil Kings and the P.A Raiders. I did say Delahey played well and Eberle and Weal. Prokop has been playing better just has hands of stone.
This team reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys..so many great players and can't play as a whole team and going nowhere... Except for Eberle because he is the man

witness
02-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Ok, I might as well get my two cents worth...

I think that Weal, Leffler, Eberle, Dudas and Robertson have been good (not great).

Prokop and Perrault are playing better than I expected.

Strueby, Cervany and Mitchell have all but disappeared.

The Pats need more from Rowatt, Tuebert, Czibere, Hricina and the three mentioned above.

To be quite honest with you, Bartley doesn't impress me. I thought he played well in December when they were missing all the top end players. But, he is now back to the old Bartley. I think he is a selfish player. Constantly making poor decisions that isolates the young partner that he is paired with. Bad pinches and over committing to make a big hit (and taking himself out of the play). The Pats need more from their 20 year old Captain. Again, just my opinion.

I would like to see Hood play more. I love this kid. Decent hands, good size, and goes to the net hard. Some of the older guys should take notice of how this kid plays. He gets on the ice and tries to hit everything. The Pats need him to gain about twenty pounds. I have heard him compared to Leffler, I don't agree with that. I think Leffler has a tendency to play a little soft at times and not use his size. I would compare Hood to a guy like Boyd Kane.

Bottom line is, two home games against two teams that the Pats need to beat. Go two for two and people will start to believe again. Lose one and they will have shot themselves in the foot again. Lose two and they are done.

sbtatter
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Calgary
Saskatoon
Brandon
Lethbridge
Med Hat
Swifty
Kootney
Regina

scoreboard
02-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry, but Regina Pats are out... What about our to pic-ups, Jess DUDAS & Matt RICHARDSON.

To me they have been a great help to the team !!!! No one is even mentioning them.

CJSenterprise4
02-07-2009, 09:43 AM
So let's hear all the positive comments about the boys flow in about that game..ha just playing..

I will be there tonight though and the Pats WILL BEAT PA tonight...More Cowbell Please!!

patsdude114
02-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry, but Regina Pats are out... What about our to pic-ups, Jess DUDAS & Matt RICHARDSON.

To me they have been a great help to the team !!!! No one is even mentioning them.

Since when did we have a Richardson on our team... we have a Matt Robertson though hehe sorry i couldnt resist....

I think our best players last night were Rowat, Eberle, Hrcina & Cerveny... too bad Hrcina & Cerveny didnt see much ice all game cuz everytime they were on the ice they had pressure in the offensive zone.

Bartley i think could of stayed in the dressing room after the 1st period, he is trying to do too much..... Here's my question.... why in the hell are u pressing for a turn over in the netrual zone when the score is 1-1 & ur team just had back to back solid shifts in the offensive zone createing turn overs along the boards and appluing good pressure..... But for some reason Bartley decided to pressure Foster off the rush and he got beat score 2-1 & the final.

We had chances to score especially in the 3rd, give Jung credit he made some great saves. I just wonder when the boys will realize that if you play all game like how we do in the 3rd period (with urgency) we will be winning these games instead of loosing.

Fight Guy
02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I'll make my comments short, about the weekend and the next 15, or if we're lucky, 19 games to come...

vci33

CJSenterprise4
02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Pats easily outhit, and outplayed the Broncos tonight but when you give up 10 odd man rushes it doesn't matter. Rowat played great tonight as Swift had a 3-1 and two or three clear or half breakaways...one on Teubert's nice **** up there. I don't know how many 2 on 1's..at least 5 and Swift had the back door play open all night just couldn't capitalize most of the time. The Defense is just absolutely terrible. Dudas loses the puck then does not make an attempt to come back to his postition and backcheck at all really really pissed me off wow that was a joke to ice the game and make it 5-3. If you are going to pretend to be Bobby Orr at least do what he would do and be the first one back you slow useless piece of crap. Rowat saved their *** alot tonight even though he gave up 5 goals...the chances Swift got were very high quality chances.

scoreboard
02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Prince Albert came back to beat the Medicine Hat Tigers in a shot out, Wednesday, February 11th. It gives the Radiers 56 points, 4 more then the Regina Pats. Regina chances do not look good, even if they did beat Moose Jaw this Friday, next comes Calgary.

CJSenterprise4
02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
But on a hockey note if the Pats don't beat the Warriors here they might as well tank the rest of the year to get a better bantam pick.

Brent Parker was in Weyburn tonight for the Bantam AA 2nd Round Provincial game..Balgonie @ Weyburn.... Chad Laing was also there along with numerous scouts

Fight Guy
02-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Brent Parker was in Weyburn tonight for the Bantam AA 2nd Round Provincial game..Balgonie @ Weyburn.... Chad Laing was also there along with numerous scouts

Lang was there to check out some up and coming talent....

Parker was there to see what those teams did to make the playoffs... :D

patsdude114
02-13-2009, 02:35 AM

Maybe Parker is looking for someone who can score a goal & want to compete on defence

Dogstink
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm sure Brandon is a decent place to live if you like smaller towns and such. But contrary to that article, I find Regina is in fact quite a safe town to live in, and I've lived all over - Calgary, Red Deer, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles. 90% of the crime in Regina happens within a 10 block radius and 90% of Reginans don't ever go into that area.

nivek_wahs
02-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Back to hockey... Tendler making his first start in the Pats goal. Message being sent... hopefully the players receive it.

CJSenterprise4
02-13-2009, 09:21 PM
another buttkicking to a subpar team. That's what happens when the other team has more heart and determination. The Warriors wanted it more and i don't think no one on the Pats team cares anymore or they would beat these teams. No heart on this team

Dogstink
02-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Back to hockey... Tendler making his first start in the Pats goal. Message being sent... hopefully the players receive it.

Well they hung the poor kid out to dry for the first half of the game tonite. Nice powerplay allowing 2 shorthanded goals... go figure.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I cant take this anymore. This is just ****ing pissing me off now.

Im done with this team until Derkatch is gone, or until the season ends...whichever comes first. Its a business, and you have to admit when you make a mistake.

I'll give it three more games.

scoreboard
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM

It does not look good for the Regina Pats. Just think, Saskatchewan Roughrider Trading Camp is in a copy of months. Right now that is about the only good thing.

trucker
02-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm to the point where i almost feel guilty picking on you pats fans. Notice i said almost. Your team has fallen apart at a bad time, i do think its too late to fire your coach though but what gives, it is a blast playing you in the post season but it's lookin like that is not going to be an option this year(too bad)! on the bright side, the now becoming mighty broncos just blasted the raiders tonight!! punk rock

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-13-2009, 10:22 PM
In the game sheet it says Brent Parker was issued a Game Misconduct at the end of the 2nd. What happened?

nivek_wahs
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM
In the game sheet it says Brent Parker was issued a Game Misconduct at the end of the 2nd. What happened?No idea. He was sitting in the press box at the end of the game for the post gamer.

agent
02-13-2009, 10:52 PM
It might have a little to do with him reeming out the refs after second period then breaking through security ropes after leaving officials area by lower west side wash rooms area.
But he did have reason to be discouraged. His team was loosing. clrkth

CJSenterprise4
02-14-2009, 12:53 AM
they are probably not in this situation..Parker... his record speaks for itself...never been past the 2nd round EVER!!

bronco rep
02-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Well Pats fans things dont get any easier tonight when the Hitman invade the Orange top. Could be a long night. The rat has lost the team. No playoffs for a team with that much talent.......Ouch

Dogstink
02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Well Pats fans things dont get any easier tonight when the Hitman invade the Orange top. Could be a long night. The rat has lost the team. No playoffs for a team with that much talent.......Ouch

Most people I know and those sitting in my section aren't going tonite. Those that are going are saying they just want to see a good team (the hitmen) play before the season is done. Zero expectation for a Pat's win though. Also, most say they aren't paying for their playoff seats until the very last minute, if at all. Very frustrating time... the Rat's ship is sinking.

Flathead
02-14-2009, 11:33 AM
they are probably not in this situation..Parker is an idiot his record speaks for itself...never been past the 2nd round EVER!!
This is probally the most true statement ever printed on a Regina Pats hockey forum.

patsdude114
02-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Most people I know and those sitting in my section aren't going tonite. Those that are going are saying they just want to see a good team (the hitmen) play before the season is done. Zero expectation for a Pat's win though. Also, most say they aren't paying for their playoff seats until the very last minute, if at all. Very frustrating time... the Rat's ship is sinking.

I for 1 didnt go to the game, & when i got my playoff ticket letter in the mail i opened it up (just to make sure what it was, thought maybe a refund since dec.6th) threw the forum in the garbage and bought 2 flames tickets for the end of march against Minnesota & San Jose instead.

If Derkatch isnt fired this week i am really thinking of taking my remaining season tickets down to the Pats office and giving them back to Parker. Im not saying what player or where it was at but a really good friend of mine had a talk with a player and the word is the guys are playing for next year they have quit on Derkatch (not sure if this is just a handful or players or all of them) that there sick of his antic's on the bench game in & game out.

With as much talent we have on this team there is no way we are a 10th place team in our conference. I think guys are just doing enough to show there NHL clubs (the 1s who are drafted) that they are able to go play in the AHL once the season is over. Eberle, Delahey, Leffler, Rowat errrrr ummm do i must say Teubert are all able and skilled enough to keep playing after our season is done. Bartley may get a AHL tryout after as well kind of like how Rypien did with Manitoba Moose.

Parker took the cheap way out with a coach this year. Taking inexperienced Derkatch over 2 time memorial cup winner plus gold medal winner Habschied (if i spelt that right) I know we can all say what if he was hired instead of Derkatch where would we be, and really its all hindsight to say but im pretty sure we'd be in a better spot then we are now.

transplantedbronco
02-15-2009, 05:28 PM
they are probably not in this situation..Parker is an idiot his record speaks for itself...never been past the 2nd round EVER!!

That statement is only true in the WHL. Before the Parkers owned the Pats they owned the Kelowna Spartans of the BCHL where they won the national title the Centennial Cup (now the Royal Bank Cup) in 1994 and went to the Centennial Cup Finals the following year and lost in overtime. So that statement is only true in the WHL. He has built winners before and he will again. You cannont deny we has an eye for talent and especially this year its no doubt the Coach.

CJSenterprise4
02-15-2009, 08:01 PM
They can go back to the Junior leagues and try and win but he will never do it with a big league club. Also an Eye for talent...thats pretty laughable since i already stated his WHL credentials. They got lucky on Eberle a kid they originally thought would probably never play in the league or wouldn't amount to much.

Brandon seems to be good every year while the Pats need every third year to rebuild...it's pretty simple to see

hitmanfan
02-15-2009, 11:35 PM
That statement is only true in the WHL. Before the Parkers owned the Pats they owned the Kelowna Spartans of the BCHL where they won the national title the Centennial Cup (now the Royal Bank Cup) in 1994 and went to the Centennial Cup Finals the following year and lost in overtime. So that statement is only true in the WHL. He has built winners before and he will again. You cannont deny we has an eye for talent and especially this year its no doubt the Coach.
But did he inherit those teams or did he build them.Kisio won a league title on a team someone else built.

transplantedbronco
02-16-2009, 08:06 AM
He built those teams and they were damn good with a great coach. They were a top team for a long time always fighting for a league title. I hate defending a Pats GM but this is different. How can anyone argue the talent your team has. Parker needs to find a coach much like he did in Kelowna he needs a Jim Hammett type. I was born and raised in Kelowna so I know alot about this.

sbtatter
02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
And lets not forget, you guys made a lot of trades last year to try and push for the conference, you can't get all those players in without giving up something, and that something was the short term, this season. Regina have a core group of excellent players (Eberle, Weal, Teubert, Rowat) but the depth is pretty shaky.....So reload and get ready for next season.....I still think Parker has a real cocky attitude though, for that reason alone it's great to see him struggle!!!

patsdude114
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
And lets not forget, you guys made a lot of trades last year to try and push for the conference, you can't get all those players in without giving up something, and that something was the short term, this season. Regina have a core group of excellent players (Eberle, Weal, Teubert, Rowat) but the depth is pretty shaky.....So reload and get ready for next season.....I still think Parker has a real cocky attitude though, for that reason alone it's great to see him struggle!!!

We have a depth on this team very few teams can match the same as our top 4 defencement Bartley, Dudas, Delahey & Tuebert.. Our forwards we can ice 2 very solid lines that can score with Eberle, Weal, Robertson, Cerveny, Leffler & Strueby along with 2 very solid players on the 3rd line in Czibere & Mitchell. Ive never questioned the depth on this team, but this team has quit playing for Derkatch its just that simple. I almost think guys are playing to get him fired.

We have two 30-goal scorers on this team this year & in total we should have 4 guys with 25-goals or more (with Strubey & Robertson with 21 apeice) most teams would love to have that kind of scoring depth in this league (or in any league).

Something has went terribly wrong with this team since dec 1st. You usually start with the coach since the players are in place. If he cant coach the Bartley's, Dudas's, Eberle"s & Leffler's in the league he doesnt belong in this league.

I dont even know when the next Pats game is nor do i really care. This is bad since im such a die hard fan, i have never felt this way ever all my life going to Pats games, it is really sad. Hell i wanted to go every night when the Pats had that brutal season with like 12 wins. Least that team worked hard just had such a young team with the likes of Duval, Pyett, MacDonald, Bernhardt, & Schira.

Arrgh ok im done for posting for the night arrrgh so frustrating

sbtatter
02-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe part of the problem has been Dudas? Guys I talk to who have played in the league say he's a bad influence and a "cancer".......And your depth isn't great, Cverney, leffler and Strueby aren't top guys by any means....I'm not trying to bang on you here, just looking at the situation from another angle....But if they have all stopped playing as you speculate, well, the leaders and veterans on the team need to kick some asses out of the room, the asses of the guys who have given up.....

patsdude114
02-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe part of the problem has been Dudas? Guys I talk to who have played in the league say he's a bad influence and a "cancer".......And your depth isn't great, Cverney, leffler and Strueby aren't top guys by any means....I'm not trying to bang on you here, just looking at the situation from another angle....But if they have all stopped playing as you speculate, well, the leaders and veterans on the team need to kick some asses out of the room, the asses of the guys who have given up.....

Well i for 1 was never in favour of trading for Dudas, ask Big Ern as the day the trade was announced we played the Broncos that day in Regina.. I told him flat out that it wouldnt be a great pick up. Yes Dudas has some skill, but is very lazy. Dudas has looked good but has looked terrible alot more then any good.

Leffler has really turned into the player the Pats have wanted him to be. He is a top player in our division. Prob 1 of the top power fowards in the division. 30 goals is no fluke especially with how he has been playing from game 1 this season, he has been our most consistant player all season long, and will get a deal with the Capitals cuz of it. They have been keeping a very close eye on him. Leffler was the only guy who has kept his pace all season long especially with Eberle gone at WJs. It was his team when Eberle was gone and he shined & is still shining. He should easily score 35 goals this year which is a great accomplishment in this league. Dont take anything away from Leffler he has deserved everything he has done this season.

Strueby i do admit has been streaky VERY streaky he does lack consistancy alot. As for Cerveny he has skill but is by no means a goal scorer, he has been 1 of the better defensive players in the league. Take into effect that 13 of the top 20 in +/- are all from calgary or vancouver very high scoring teams, also for the Pats record his +19 is very respectable. He is by far our best faceoff guy but Derkatch fails to take notice to this, he sees the ice great and has puck control but yet Derkatch fails to put him on the 2nd PP unti instead puts Czibere who has no offensive upside at all just a decent size body. Derkatch thinks Cerveny can score 20 goals for some reason but in all honesty he is a set up guy at best, he controls the puck and makes great rushes but always looks for pass. Hes a guy who was at the WJs but yet Derkatch plays him on the 4th line some nights. Out of our fowards the only guys who controls the puck better then him is Eberle. Hunt really liked Cerveny & i know if Hunt was here still (which is all hear say i know) Cerveny would have alot better #s as he would be playing PP.

Night in & night out our best workers on our team is Mitchell, Hrcina & Cerveny. Those guys rarely take a shift off. Cant say the same for Leffler & Eberle. Yes Eberle's role isnt to out work guys but to find the soft spots and score.

I know these are only my opinions and others will see things alot differently, especially the short midget behind the bench who always has the right things to say but cant get the players to play. Hey derkatch try a game without throwing ur arms up at ur bench. Respect has to be given 1st to get it in return. This isnt 1980 anymore Derkatch, the players have more rights then u do now. Much different then it was when u played.

sbtatter
02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd take Mitchell in a heartbeat!! Same as PA's Herrod, I like him a lot. Hey, is Rowat going to be back next year?

patsdude114
02-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey, is Rowat going to be back next year?

I think being in junior could benefit him another year but i dont think it would be in a Pats crease. Ketlo & Tendler will prob be the goalies next season. Tendler didnt look out of place at all in the game against MJ, but i guess keep in mind MJ pretty well has a midget team anyways so maybe not the best test for him.

Rowat is in tough for a AHL job but maybe a ECHL job isnt out of the question. LA has alot of depth in net with young talent not enough minutes for everyone im thinking. Being that he will only be 20 next year could benefit LA alot more to just send him back to junior so he can play 55+ games. Just dont see him in the Pats crease, but then again i said that this year too but good thing he has been cuz he has been a bright spot all season long, we give up to many chances with odd man rushes. Thank God for Rowat!! Our record would be alot worse if it wasnt for him.

trucker
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I love that comment about Dudas being a "cancer". He's cockey, and has a big head. For me it is very gratifying to see him go to a team, spread his diseases and miss the post season. Next year he can go to Oiler camp, flunk out, go home

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
The comment really has no merit because nobody here is actually apart of the team and knows what transpires off the ice. Maybe he is, but maybe he isnt.

You just "love it" because the guy who didnt want to play for your pansy team, just like a couple other guys didnt either, is struggling. You guys sure loved him on your team during the playoffs though. Why are there so many fans that just judge players by the logo on the front on their jersey? Do you personally know Dudas, or just assume hes cocky etc because he didnt report to SC?

sbtatter
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
The comment really has no merit because nobody here is actually apart of the team and knows what transpires off the ice. Maybe he is, but maybe he isnt.

You just "love it" because the guy who didnt want to play for your pansy team, just like a couple other guys didnt either, is struggling. You guys sure loved him on your team during the playoffs though. Why are there so many fans that just judge players by the logo on the front on their jersey? Do you personally know Dudas, or just assume hes cocky etc because he didnt report to SC?
I don't go around just making comments up, that's not me. And I'm obviously not going to say who told me that, lets just say that it's from different sources, guys who are playing and who have been playing in the dub in the last 2 years. Believe me or not, but I'm not the sort of guy who makes up stories for a board.....

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Ok fair enough...but personally I like to think that all rumors are false until proven true.

I would however venture to guess that Dudas isnt the pats biggest problem right now though.

trucker
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Pansy Team, eh? Where is Regina right now, oh yeah out of the playoffs! AHHALMAO! Lets be clear here, Negrin is a much better D-man than Dudas ever was for us. Yes it was a kick to the can when he didn't want to report back but OUR general manager got the job done and brought us someone with more talent, which is more than I can say for your GM. Watch the game on tue. and we'll see what happens. Your just sulking because your team has become the laughing stock of the W.H.L vci34

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
You just proved my point. You didnt even answer the question.

And yes, pansy team. At times, I think the timbits could outhit the broncos.

patsrock83
02-19-2009, 01:16 PM
SAJ Do you ever shut up, sure i dont post much but i check these things out all the time and no one on here or the white board likes you, you are obviously some 17 year old kid that has never played hockey past atom. Swift Current is obviously better than us and i dont know if you have watched dudas other than the two first games he was with us he has sucked people blame tuebert for alot but if you watch him he is trying and is obviously just as frustrated as anybody dudas on the other hand looks like he dont really care and is just wating to get out his clubs and do some golfing, I have heard by a pretty creditble source that he is a cancer and no one really likes him.

trucker
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Then here is the answer to your question. judging players by their jersey?...i'm not doing that at all, Dudas burned us by not returning,thats why I don't like him. Know Dudas personally?...No I don't, his whl record speaks for itself, 4 teams in 5 years. That my little whining Pats friend shows there is a problem with him. Teams that have a quality player with a good attitude keep them ie. Eberly. As far as Timbits hitting harder than the Broncos, last year the Pats were more physical than we were and who went on to defeat them? Give your head a shake, open your eyes and smell your season flushing down the toilet. vc1tt

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Im sorry, I thought this was a PATS forum.

Rival team fans running around in our forum talking smack about our team, and you defend them? Why dont you go join their fanbase then? you would fit in just right if you put on a tassone jersey and a pink dress. Good riddance.

Also, I have never said that the broncos arent playing better hockey than the pats, yet I have two people giving me **** for trying to pump my own teams tires. I call them a pansy team because I think they are soft, not a bad hockey team. I cant believe I have to justify every insult with some sort of compliment so nobody cries.

And who the hell do you think you are anyways? Im not a punk kid, im a fan tired of seeing mouthbreathers from other teams trying to push us around in our own forum. Seems like you dont care though. And for the record, Im not here to make friends. You can go to swift and go sing kumbaya with the rest of the fair-weather happy dappy fans where you can come together and cheer everyone on, while Im going to continue supporting my team, and my team only.

Then here is the answer to your question. judging players by their jersey?...i'm not doing that at all, Dudas burned us by not returning,thats why I don't like him. Know Dudas personally?...No I don't, his whl record speaks for itself, 4 teams in 5 years. That my little whining Pats friend shows there is a problem with him. Teams that have a quality player with a good attitude keep them ie. Eberly. As far as Timbits hitting harder than the Broncos, last year the Pats were more physical than we were and who went on to defeat them? Give your head a shake, open your eyes and smell your season flushing down the toilet.

I guess thats the best I am going to get from you.

You know, players can be moved for reasons outside of being a negative influence. Unless you have personally witnessed something that would support your accusations, its a baseless rumor that doesnt mean anything.

And my teams current state is irrelevent to the question, but thanks for bringing it up again. I'll remember to troll your forum WHEN (keyword) the broncos are back to struggling just like you guys have here.

trucker
02-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I cant take this anymore. This is just ****ing pissing me off now.

Im done with this team until Derkatch is gone, or until the season ends...whichever comes first. Its a business, and you have to admit when you make a mistake.

I'll give it three more games.
You call this "sticking up" for your team? I'm begining to think you don't like me. I'll go now, I have to go meet some happy dappy friends at the I-Plex so we can sing kumbya. You make me laugh SAJ. One more thing, if the Broncos were down and out you'd be kicking me also. :p

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
SAJ - whether it is here or the white board you continue to dig yourself holes you can't crawl out of.

dagley
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Last time I checked Swifty was in a playoff spot? Nothings changed.

CJSenterprise4
02-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Why dont you go join their fanbase then? you would fit in just right if you put on a tassone jersey and a pink dress. Good riddance.

That was some funny stuff. According to some Bronco fans this guy is the next Gretzky and Joel Rogers is Bobby Orr i think and Eakin is probably the next Stevey Y.

nivek_wahs
02-19-2009, 10:08 PM
No more need for bashing each other or players... take it elsewhere!

Back to hockey or the thread gets locked.

CJSenterprise4
02-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Is bash the Pats players...can i rip some of them? Let's see...how about all of them suck. Even Eberle since he the Juniors has done a whole lot of nothing.
Leffler is MVP of the year i think...He has been the most consistent player all year.

CJSenterprise4
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Till the Pats are officially eliminated from the playoffs so we can stop hearing how Derkatch and the players are not giving up and they still think they have a chance to get in. It is pretty much near impossible for them to get in the playoffs now so let it go and play hard to impress and show scouts and teams that you have some pride and can play to get drafted or signed by a big league club.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Raiders beat the wheaties last night, so its looking even more unlikely that the pats will make it.

Once the pats are done, and I dont see them making the come back, there has to be some changes behind the bench at the very least. Parker also needs to re-evaluate his future with the franchise, as his track record is very, very underwhelming.

I can tell you one thing, if there is nothing done in the offseason(no changes to the staff, no new scoreboard, etc) there will be one less pats season ticket holder next year. Im also sure that Im not the only one that feels that way.

CJSenterprise4
03-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Pats win and Raider and Oil Kings Lost!!! PLAYOFFS here we come!! ha. It was as easy as beating P.A. and Edmonton that weekend last month they played them at home back to back.

Teubert and Rowat can get out to L.A. to get some early golfing here in after next weekend.

Also was this the first time all year they wore Special Jerseys? I missed the game but they looked really sweet and how much did the bidding start at? The Pats seem to always win wearing special jerseys though..DO IT MORE ha

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Its nice to see their hard work finally churn out some positive results. I dont think this changes too much in the long run, but this is a big win for the players. And who knows? We arent mathematically out, so it is possible to make a last minute dash and finish in 8th.

nivek_wahs
03-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Also was this the first time all year they wore Special Jerseys? I missed the game but they looked really sweet and how much did the bidding start at? The Pats seem to always win wearing special jerseys though..DO IT MORE haBidding started at $200. I tried to get a couple different guys but quickly got outbid. There were 5 or 6 (maybe more) that went for $400+. The opening bid for one of the jersey's was $525.

CJSenterprise4
03-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah they looked really sweet so i was mad i couldn't go because i was maybe thinking about getting one. Yet thats too rich for my blood. Very nice looking Uni's though.

t-man
03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey, Thanks for the win lastnight..It helped us out alot! yeehoo

dagley
03-07-2009, 10:57 AM
We are going to put a damp on your playoff dreams tonight, sorry Pats fans...not really.

trucker
03-07-2009, 09:32 PM
haha Dagley you were right about damper on playoff hopes! It would be nice to reaquaint hatred with Regina though. Anyway I am going to listen to the hottest team in the whl beat up on the Rebels. GO BRONCOS GO and again SAJ, thanks for that bantam pick you GAVE us. dancing pi

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
haha Dagley you were right about damper on playoff hopes! It would be nice to reaquaint hatred with Regina though. Anyway I am going to listen to the hottest team in the whl beat up on the Rebels. GO BRONCOS GO and again SAJ, thanks for that bantam pick you GAVE us. dancing pi

How did your hottest team in the WHL fair tonight against the last place Rebels? I hope BDN meets swifty this year should be a quick series!! yeehoo

dagley
03-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Simmer down now, hes on our side against the Pats...i like him! lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
dont look at me, trucker, I didnt give you the pick.

THough I bet for awhile when he had like 11 points in 8 games, you didnt feel too happy about that pick, which is a '10 4th pick by the way.

As for the rival team (fans) in here, well whatever. Enjoy the playoffs, because I dont see the pats being a nonfactor for too long.

CJSenterprise4
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Brent Parker on the Postgame show with Rod....We are not out of it yet..until we are officially eliminated we still have a chance.

Well lets see worst GM ever...Pats are 5 points out with 3 Games left...and Edmonton also has 3 games left not to mention PA is still ahead of the Pats. The last two games of the year are against a team the Pats never beat in Swift and even though they won't be playing for anything(maybe home ice and the 4th seed..probably have it clinched by then though) they will still come out and beat the Pats. That's looking ahead of PA on wednesday night though.

Edmonton plays at home against Kootenay wednesday and then ends the year with a home and home with Red Deer.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Everyone pretty much knows what the pats fate will be. Once your playoff hopes are not completely in your own hands anymore, thats when you are likely done, especially with the kind of season the pats have had.

Pretty much everything has been said about this already, but he still has a point that we arent out until its official. Stranger things have happened!

ointhecreek
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I think it's time for everyone to settle down. This board is starting to be like the white board which turned out like the grey board. A lot of posters starting to troll and a lot of name calling. The reason I joined this site is to get away from the crap and it's starting here now to. Are there no mods watching this place now like the white board? Time to start crackin down I'd say.

Mods are here.

ointhecreek
03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
A little fun? Bull! Ok, lets have a little fun. I find it funny how cocky some Wheat fans get when there team is doing well but don't like it when Pat fans do it, and start calling them out. It will be funny when they don't get past Toon.

Section Ten
03-10-2009, 11:53 AM
As a Wheat Kings fan, I have enjoyed the rivalry with the Pats far more than with the Raiders or Oil Kings this year. From top to bottom, the Pats are hugely more talented than either Edmonton or Prince Albert. Talking to some other season ticket holders, nobody can believe that Regina isn't higher in the standings, at least considering how they've played when we've seen them this year.

When Regina came to town, I always got the feeling that anything could happen, and it would always be entertaining. I know we're talking hypothetical, but I would not want to play the Pats in a first round series--if their talent ever gets it together combined with our borderline goaltending...

Plus I really can't hate the Pats after watching the line of Schenn-Glennie-Eberle in the Russia series. That was a thing of beauty! Here is hoping that a miracle happens and the Pats make the eighth seed and give the Hitmen a run for their money! And if our paths cross in the post-season, we will be entertained to an excellent series!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Talent was never the issue with this team, which is why we were hyped up to be as good as we were earlier in the season. I still think that with the roster we have that this team should be capable of doing serious damage, but here we are sitting on the brink of elimination. That result might be what we need though to really take this re-evaluation more seriously. Everyone has some sort of answer as to what the dealio is with the team. I honestly dont know what it is, but whatever it is, there is something up. Whether its motivation, or coaching, or systems, or something deeper...who knows...

And to be fair, yes, I like Brandon games too. The pats always bring their A game against the wheaties(especially Rowat) and there is some semblance of a rivalry there as well because you can always count on the WKs to be a threat. Being honest, I dont like the wheaties...but I guess thats a good thing. Only adds to the game's highs, also to the lows. The highs cant be as high as they are without the lows perfectly mirroring the highs. Just the way it works.

Pretty much every time except for this current undignified plunge(obvious reasons) from January until now Ive been thankful that everyone kind of hates the pats, because of those same reasons. 3 more games for them to exercise that hate, because really, these next games are pretty much our playoffs. I hope they treat them like it.

sbtatter
03-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Us WK fans disliking the Pats is kind of a backhanded compliment, means your team has competed hard and beaten us enough times that it ticks us off!! Nothin like a high energy game to sell tickets, so long may the rivallry live!!!

patsdude114
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I personally believe the Regina Pats #1 rivial is the Brandon Wheat Kings followed by Saskatoon Blades...

Yes some can be said with meeting the Broncos the last 2 season in the playoffs, but there is virtually no hitting between the Pats & Bronco's there is really no hate between the players. Prob has alot to do with the soft game the Broncos play but yet a very highly skilled game.

Dont even start with the so called best rivialry in junior hockey being between Regina & Moose Jaw... that has been dead for years now. But each & everytime we match up against each other the paper and both radio shows try and sell this rivialry still... face it its dead there is no hate for each other anymore. Warriors vs Pats games have been boring as hell the past 4 or 5 yrs.. Too many 1 sided games (in favour of both teams) rivialries arnt to be 1 sided games especially with how many between these 2 teams the past 4 or 5 yrs.

As much as i hate the Wheat Kings i tip my hat to them as season after season they are the most competitive team in our division. Mac is truely 1 of the best coachs ever to stand behind a bench in the WHL. Look at his track record winning seasons after winning seasons, he gets the most out of his players each year. Is he the all time leader yet in Wheat Kings wins for a coach?? If he isnt he must be very close!

Maybe 1 year Parker will fork up the cash to bring in a truely elite coach to stand behind his bench... Oh wait he had a chance this year with Habscheid and choose to take a migdet coach instead applause

I really hope after we are eliminated from the playoffs tonight (wednesday) that Parker really sits down and starts his evaluation on where his franchise is with the coach... Derkatch is not ready to be a Head Coach in this league should of been a assistant for 2 or 3 years 1st. But hey what do i know, even though its easy to tell that the players have lost the respect for him. Watch him during a game throwing his hands up in disgust with even the smallest of a play. That might of worked in midget Mr. Derkatch but not here where these players keep in contact with there Agents & ultimately the players can control if you keep your job or not.... Its easier to get rid of a coach then trade the core of your team away.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2009, 09:23 PM
one team that would be a good rival would be Kamloops. We only play them once a year but have had lots rough stuff every time. Remember the brawl that Kalus started? and then the game this season had the big hit on Scarborough that got us going.

I would love to see them more than once this year, but its "too much money" for that to happen.

patsdude114
03-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Remember the brawl that Kalus started?

Ya that was the brawl that Delronde hit Kalus into our bench when our gate was open.

Reekie s Dubnyk was a pretty good tilt considering the height difference