PDA

View Full Version : CPZ...

Stamps1
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
How is he lookin this year? I havent seen him since he was in the BCHL, where he was labeled as LAZY and a floater who managed over 50 goals and over 50 assists

He was also labeled as SLOW, and Ive heard last year he looked slow against WHL competition

But how is his game now? thanks :)

dondo
01-16-2009, 01:45 PM
CPZ: hmmmm.... :thumb:

crazy good -- leads the WHL in points .. had a four goal game the other night ... worked very hard in the off-season improving his foot-speed and mobility. He's hitting and going into the hard areas of the ice, something he just wasn't doing last season.

he has seriously has blown me away with the turn-around he has made, is a top, top player on the team and a huge part of the Giants success. The chemistry between he and Kane is amazing as well.

Plays top PP, top line and has not looked back since the start of the season. Hay's even got him killing penalties -- and well.

I must admit that after last years showing I was concerned that he'd be one of those skilled but inconsistent players and he's been anything but -- most improved player by a large margin and there are other contenders who have stepped up their game almost as much.

He's now a worthy NHL prospect. Last season I figured he wouldn't make the NHL, but some time with Hayzer and a bit of pressure from the Pens has made him a bonafide contender for a solid NHL career. You could not say that a year ago and had he gone to Michigan I don't think he would have developed.

In one of the interviews, Hay was saying of CPZ that Casey got used to be the guy in the BCHL and had adjusted his style of play accordingly. Stepping it up only when he had to and conserving energy most of the time for the big minutes he was logging. He had to make a radical adjustment coming to Vancouver as Hay likes to roll four lines with expectation for (all his players) Casey to go all out when he was out on the ice and come off early if he was fatigued. It took a year and a summer, but the kid is a model of premier WHL player and its great to watch night after night.

That's probably a bit more answer than you bargained for Stamps1, but I have been watching this kid very closely and I have to say that there are very few weaknesses in his game anymore. He's faster, more fluid and the only thing I'd like him to adjust in his game is to use that wicked shot he has more often. We see it when Kane's out of the line-up, but Casey defers to Kane as the resident scorer when they are playing together. Not a bad thing, but he could use the other team's scouting against them by taking the shot and not always making the pass.