PDA

View Full Version : Wheaties @ Raiders

dagley
01-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Big game tonight, need to keep pace with the Blades..and hopefully Lethbridge can do us a favor tonight.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Pretty good game tonight. I thought PA responded well after the previous night, but all the penalties and Brandon's firepower was too much. Bad luck on King's part. Pretty sure he broke his leg (was carried off on a stretcher), and I feel so bad for him cause he really tries, but doesn't really have it. Hayes looked really shaky, and for the first time in my life, I saw both teams change their goaltenders.

Brandonite
01-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Pretty good game tonight. I thought PA responded well after the previous night, but all the penalties and Brandon's firepower was too much. Bad luck on King's part. Pretty sure he broke his leg (was carried off on a stretcher), and I feel so bad for him cause he really tries, but doesn't really have it. Hayes looked really shaky, and for the first time in my life, I saw both teams change their goaltenders.

If King did in fact break his leg, his career with the Wheat Kings is officially over! Im sorry, its a horrible break for the kid who like you said just doesnt have it. He already looks bad out there and way above his level and breaking his leg now will put him out for the season and make him even more timid around the boards! Tough break for King, but unfortunately for him he might have just played his last game with the wheat kings i would think!

Vik
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
If King did in fact break his leg, his career with the Wheat Kings is officially over! Im sorry, its a horrible break for the kid who like you said just doesnt have it. He already looks bad out there and way above his level and breaking his leg now will put him out for the season and make him even more timid around the boards! Tough break for King, but unfortunately for him he might have just played his last game with the wheat kings i would think!
My Grade 11 English teacher would hate you!

Brandonite
01-18-2009, 04:06 PM
My Grade 11 English teacher would hate you!

What ever...Im sorry but its the cold hard truth!! He has never performed at the WHL level and you can not argue with that. Go to a wheat king game at home and listen to the fans chirp this kid. He gets lipped none stop about everything and people even cheer when he isnt in the lineup! He is not WHL material...period!

Section Ten
01-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I give Kelly McCrimmon full credit for giving Sanfred King every chance to be a successful player. Some other General Managers in this league seem to treat their teams like an EA Sports game and trade players just because they can. (Moose Jaw, Lethbridge, or Portland anyone?)

I remember the fans being extremely critical of previous disappointing high draft picks as well, including Tyler Dittmer and Jeff Topilko. (In fact on some nights I was one of those fans). Fortunately both of them redeemed themselves as 20 year olds (actually 20-1/2 year old in the case of Topilko because he didn't take off until the acquisition of Klinkhammer at the trade deadline).

But when you get to play on various line combinations as Sanfred King has, including some relief work on a line with Brayden Schenn and Scott Glennie and fail to impress even as a fourth liner, you've got to wonder if loyalty hasn't gone a bit too far...

The best case scenario is that he recovers quickly and can be given a fresh start next year. I'll leave it up to you guys to tell me in which league you think that fresh start should be.

In any case, I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery!

dagley
01-18-2009, 05:21 PM
The thing that angered me the most about Topilko, is that we took him over Boyd. lol.

Vik
01-18-2009, 07:30 PM
What ever...Im sorry but its the cold hard truth!! He has never performed at the WHL level and you can not argue with that. Go to a wheat king game at home and listen to the fans chirp this kid. He gets lipped none stop about everything and people even cheer when he isnt in the lineup! He is not WHL material...period!
It's got nothing to do with King (he's probably never even heard of Sanfred King). It's your use of an exclamation point at the end of every sentence. He hated exclamation points even where others would consider it appropriate to use them.